The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Facing the Giants - Upcoming Movie

Quote Reply
Facing the Giants - Upcoming Movie
I received the following email from a good friend of mine from Georgia. They were members of a wonderful church that has taken ministry out of the church to an every growing public eye. This is their latest venture. I look forward to checking out the movie for myself, along with the first movie I didn't know about. It is great to see a huge company like Sony actually picking up material that isn't raging with violence, sex and swearing! By supporting 'good' movies perhaps more companies will put out quality films for us to be viewing. God bless.

As you know, we were very involved with Sherwood Baptist Church when we lived in Albany. They have made a second movie which has been picked up by Sony in Hollywood, "Facing the Giants", about a high school football team. It is a very powerful movie and a must see for you and your family. It is rated PG (no sex, no language and no violence - go figure). They, Sherwood and Sony, took the fight about the rating to Congress and the Hollywood rating review board. Hollywood justified their PG rating because of the football violence, depression issues, and infertility issues. Nevertheless, the Lord has used this rating issue to create a lot of publicity for the movie. Michael Catt, our pastor is the Executive Producer.

All the actors are church member, (they had asked my husband to play to role of the school principal, but we were in the process of moving to Eastman so he had to tell them no), the music was written our music director. The movie was written by two associate pastors who are brothers, Alex and Stephen Kendrick. Alex directed and is the star if the movie. A couple years ago, they also filmed another movie called, "Flywheel". It is another very powerful money. The Flywheel was made for only $50,000. You can rent Flywheel at Blockbuster. Many many lives have been changed and lives brought to Christ through the movie Flywheel. "Facing the Giants" has cost considerably more because they have done it right as far as the technology is concerned.

'Facing the Giants' will open on September 29th.

http://facingthegiants.com will give you detailed information, updates, added screens and how groups can buy tickets and where it will be showing near you.

Quote Reply
Re: Facing the Giants - Upcoming Movie In reply to
I know that this is rather late, but I saw "Flywheel" last night at a fundraiser for the "Relay of Life" for the American Cancer Assosciation. I mostly go for chick flicks, or something like action flicks. I gotta say that "Flywheel" was good, a real positive movie. I'd like to see the other two movies sometime.