The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Went to public school all my life

Quote Reply
Went to public school all my life
I went to a public school all of my life. I think it truly strengthened my faith. In a Christian school, you don't encounter that many obstacles. Obstacles and persecution strengthened my walk with God and made me realize more than ever that He never leaves your side.
Quote Reply
Re: Went to public school all my life In reply to
Even though I'm "old" by Shauna's age, , I too went to public school growing up. I really wished to be in parochial school but there wasn't one close enough to attend, nor if there was, I doubt there would have been the funds to be able to do so. I was truly blessed by wonderful religious leaders, youth leaders and lay persons growing up and do not feel I've really missed out. I've received skills to live in this secular world AND survive, along with having a great spiritual life that can cross over to the secular as a witness and to be used as God's servant.
Quote Reply
Re: [SingPraiz4Hym] Went to public school all my life In reply to
I simply attended three exclusive excessive colleges, one public and personal. I additionally had buddies at other excessive faculties. A key factor I might make is that they're distinctive. High colleges in the US range dramatically, even inside the same town, so that you would possibly need to perform a little studies when you have a preference.
[url=http://www.domyessays.co.uk]Do My Essays UK[/url]

Last edited by:

jenniferjudy225: Sep 14, 2017, 10:54 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jenniferjudy225] Went to public school all my life In reply to
jenniferjudy225: Hi

I attended three exclusive excessive colleges, one public and (?) personal.

[simply is superfluous to the meaning of the sentence]:
excessive is an inappropriate use of an adverb as an adjective.
(?) three colleges were supposedly attended, one 'public' and 2 presumably 'personal' (whatever that might mean).

I additionally had buddies at other excessive faculties.

Another confusing use of the word 'excessive' or did you mean to use the word 'extensive' meaning large or comprehensive, 'excellent' meaning academically superior to other colleges or 'expensive' meaning costly.

A key factor I might make, [you do not make a key factor, you might 'cite' or 'mention' one though.]
is that they're distinctive
. [ The information that such colleges are 'distinctive' would make a sensible sentence but the statement would be a mere truism rather than conveying any additional meaningful information to the reader].

High colleges in the US range dramatically, ['dramatically' means belonging to, or of drama. Impressive or important because of speed, size, suddenness, etc. The word does not suitably describe a 'range' or 'variation' in quality.]

even inside the same town
, [even 'within' the same town. 'inside' usually refers to containment rather than geographical position.]

so that you would possibly need to perform a little studies when you have a preference. (Defective grammar).

Try: 'so you might need to compare various college prospectuses before stating a preference'.

So your example might look like this:

I attended three exclusive colleges, one public and two private, additionally I had friends at other exclusive faculties. The colleges were all very distinctive. There may be a wide quality variation in US colleges even within the same town so you might need to compare various colleges before finally choosing.

There isn't that better? I generously don't charge any fee for my advice.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Sep 15, 2017, 3:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Went to public school all my life In reply to
LaughLaugh

Chris, are you bored? Excellent use of your talents. Then again, I am replying to this post... Wink

Right you are! I am bored too!

Hey...you could write for "Do My Essays UK" and find fulfillment. Wretched little trolls need to do their own homework

The OP is a worthy topic and I am sorry that there aren't folks to take up such topics anymore.

Of course it was the opposite with my kids, being atheists in a Christian society with overtly Christian public schools. My time in public schools was less that way; overtly Christian, that is. Seems a bit odd that the schools around here in the 60s were less Christian than schools of the 80s, 90s and currently. We recited the Lords Prayer each morning and still our schools were not as religiously open as the local schools are today.

I suppose it just depends upon where one resides in America.

-Jeanne

p.s. Hope all is well with you and Christine. Are you settled in your home finally?
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Went to public school all my life In reply to
Jeanne,
Talking about Chris getting bored... I spent so much time looking up facts on JenniferJudy that I got exhausted and now I need to take a nap prior to going to the dentist. I'm not sure which is worse... reading her post and thinking about her actually being hired to write something or going to the dentist.

Having said that, I'm off to the pillow!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Went to public school all my life In reply to
Oh, I hate going to the dentist! Good thing I have good genes.

But...Jen-Judy is not the one writing the essays. She is only the one using online skills to post ads in forums. I am quite sure that "she" or "he" is not a native speaker of English.

Good luck at the dentist, Sarah.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne: / Sarah: Hi

Chris, are you bored?

OK I 'fess up' on that. Nothing much doing on Praize at present and I had taken a break from DIY on the new house so was looking for sedentary entertainment.

The thread had some traction back in 2005 when SingPraiz4Hym replied. Now a long dead thread, one imagines it might feel like the ghost of Samuel, not pleased at being raised up by the witch of Endor. 1 Sam. 28:7-20.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Jeanne: Hi

But...Jen-Judy is not the one writing the essays. She is only the one using online skills to post ads in forums. I am quite sure that "she" or "he" is not a native speaker of English.

Then perhaps she/he could pass on the following advice to her employers:

1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2 Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3 Avoid Cliches like the plague. (They're old hat.)
4 Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
5 One should never generalise.
6 Comparisons are as bad as cliches.
7 Be more or less specific.
8 Sentence fragments? Eliminate.
9 Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
10 Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
11 Who needs rhetorical questions?

LaughSly Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Went to public school all my life In reply to
LaughLaugh

Too droll.

Wait. That's a sentence fragment.

All good advice for writing essays for school or college, but here and on other forums, I like to write the way I would be speaking.

So...I employ more than a few methods from your list. I try to never use more than three dots, however.

Chris, I truly have no desire to discuss anything that is going on in the world. I am so tired of it all, or at least, I am tired of thinking about it all.

However, if you are this bored, then drag out something and I will gladly discuss it with you and Sarah and Jim...oh my! Think of "lions and tigers and bears, oh my!"

Hope you don't mind that I copied this most excellent list for future reference.

-Jeanne