The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Homeschooling

Quote Reply
Homeschooling
Has anyone sent there kids to a Christian or public school and taken them out and is home schooling them, has noticed the difference in their grades or attitude. I'm just wondering cause in the future I would like to home school my children and plus I am going ECE (early childhood education), and was wondering if there is a big benefits in home school your children

Thanks a lot

In Him

Mary

Quote Reply
Homeschooling In reply to
My stepdaughter lived with us for a year. During that time we were home schooling her. She had a negative attitude and whined and cajoled until we allowed her to go into public school. She was there two weeks and her behavior got so much worse we pulled her back out.

That's just our story. I'm sure there are many others.
Quote Reply
Re: Homeschooling In reply to

I used to go to a Christian private school, but my parents pulled me out after fourth grade and homeschooled me. The classes were getting smaller every year and I wasn't being challenged...Homeschooling is the better choice for me.
Quote Reply
I had my girls in a Christian school for most of their education; but I started homeschooling them last year. They flunked all core subjects at the Christian school. Last year when homeschooled they got mostly A's and B's. They have learning gaps in English and math from not getting the help they needed at the Christian school. They are behind where they should be for their age. They are 15 and almost 17 and are only in grades 8 and 9 in most subjects. Hopefully we can get them caught up this year.

In Him, Glenda
Quote Reply
We have home schooled for most of the last 4 years. In the spring of 2003 we sent our oldest son to a Christian school where he could learn and still have friends. He spent a few days coming home and crying about how he was treated, he would tell his teacher about the way the other children were treating him and she would just pick on him and take the other childrens side. Thankfully we have moved to another state since that time and now we are homeschooling our 3 oldest children.

They can learn faster with the one on one approach, our oldest was reading KJV at age 5, not saying he understood all the words but he could sound them all out. I'm not bragging on him, well maybe a little, but the advantages to homeschooling are real! Plus they don't inherit other childrens attitudes!!
Quote Reply
We just pulled me out of the public school here. One reason being, the school refused to comply with my needs. It just plain wasn't working out, and we had Montana Advocatecy in with it too. They did didly-squat.

My name is Jenn, I'm 16, going on 17 this march.

They wanted me to "earn my way back" into school, well um, excuse me, it is my legal right to an education. I even told them that once, if I wasn't being acused of being a lier, I wasn't listened to. They didn't let me go all day like a normal kid. "Let her get used to school" well if they would have helped me I would be fine and probably on the honor roll.

They kept telling my family, "It's Jennifer's life, it's her decision" So it was my decision to quit the public school system, once and for all. Now we are looking into corispondence schools.

So that is whats ben going on with me for 1 1/2 school years. Oh well, when we signed me out it was like a big weight was lifted off of me and my Mom.

God bless you all!

BTW I'm half asleep, so sorry if the grammer and such isn't good.
Quote Reply
i used to go to school when i was in prek - 1st grade

i quit public school in 1st grade i make straight A student and i am a grade a head i act better than regular children but i hate been homeschooled it must be right where i got so many brothers and sisters. other children enjoy been homeschooled
Quote Reply
I have noticed a HUGE difference in my son, now 14. We put him in a virtual middle school last year which is schooling through computer, paid for by the public school district. They provide the computer and accessories, books, music and art supplies, microscope and accessories. Parents teach their children with phone and computer support from teachers. There are 4-5 live webcam lessons a month which parents sign their kids up for. My son smiles again, is happy and even helps us as well as the neighbor lady. He is learning again and we can work as much as we need to in getting him caught up. He can go as fast as he wants and progress through as many grades as he wants in a year. He just has to take the tests to prove he learned the information. He actually likes learning again! We had to sign him up during open enrollment in February for the next school year but the paperwork was well worth it.