The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Online Courses

Quote Reply
Online Courses
Hello Christian Community: I have taken a course or two from an online community which wasn't necessarily Christian. I found that a requirement was to listen to some of the course material and the course material was colorised (coughing mostly that was dubbed in of course). Possibly that colorisation happened since the the company who sponsored the course may not have been Christian yet I do not know. I have noted my voice colorised when of course I speak clearly into the phone & when I read back my own voicemail the phone or phone line equipment or someone dubbing over my voice illegal causes a few of my words to be and sound wildly different as well as occasionally a few of my words to be cut out. I have noted this oddity since around 1999; such had never happened to me before. I would be concerned that anyone taking a Christian course that may require audio classwork know that dubbing and inaccurate recorded speech could occur and should not. I do not know who is involved in this dubbing and changing of proper voice and sentence execution, yet I would suspect that at least some are not Christian and I would not think Christians should be involved as such is overtly illegal and not Christian. Good Tidings, Ann-Marie
Quote Reply
Re: Online Courses In reply to
I was not sure what type of online course you were involved in. It "sounded" (no pun intended) less than desirable.

I encourage all who wish to take quality online continuing education courses to review over 300 online low-cost courses that are exceptional (and require no voice communications by phone) please visit the Earthnet Institute Online Instruction Center http://www.ed2go.com/earthnet . These courses are offered online under the direction of the Continuing Education Department at Earthnet Institute.
Quote Reply
You all might also try Nations University at www.nationsu.org

Kiwimac
Quote Reply
I just started at an online university towards the end of last year. And have been very pleased with it. It has a rather limited offering of degress, that are mostly related to military and civilian government jobs, but they offer certificates, Associates, Bachelors and Masters programs. Some of these degress can't really be found in other colleges, and I found the online classroom very easy to use. The website is http://www.amu.apus.edu/index.htm

If you are looking into this type of thing, I highly recommend this college.