The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Bible Readings to Reflect Upon

Quote Reply
Bible Readings to Reflect Upon

Sorry if it has taken so long to Post I had to resubscribed to The Upper Room Daily Devotional Enjoy Reading and God Bless

Bible readings are From The Upper Room Daily Devotionals Oct.5-Oct. 18

10/5 Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.
2 Corinthians 4:17 (NIV)

10/6 The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:6 (NIV)

10/7 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11 (NIV)

10/8 The night is far gone, the day is near. Let us then lay aside the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.Romans 13:12 (NRSV)

10/9 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18 (NIV)

10/10 God said, "It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, I took them up in my arms; but they did not know that I healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with bands of love. I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them."Hosea 11:34 (NRSV)

10/11 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:2223 (NRSV)

10/12 The Lord said, "My word . . . shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11 (NRSV)

10/13 The Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100:5 (NRSV)

10/14 The Lord says, "I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you."
Isaiah 41:9 (NIV)

10/15 Immediately the father of the child cried out, "I believe; help my unbelief!"
Mark 9:24 (NRSV)

10/16 Jesus said, "It is the spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life." John 6:63 (NRSV)

10/17 Paul wrote, "It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me. This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me."Galatians 2:20 (TEV)

10/18 Job said, "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God."
Job 19:2526 (NIV)