The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

What do you think faith is?

Quote Reply
What do you think faith is?
I wanted to start this thread just to see the interesting answers people came up with. The question is, What do you think faith is? Use any method you like to give the clearest meaning. Have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: What do you think faith is? In reply to
Hebrews 11:1 has the best definition I've seen; but here is my personal view about faith.

Faith is believing in the Godhead, the things of heaven, and et cetera. We cannot use our 5 senses to physically know that they are there; but we know by an inner sense that they are there.

Quote Reply
Re: What do you think faith is? In reply to
 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I understand that Faith is belief. I believe that the substance of Faith is our works—but only the works of God. For example, I see the Kingdom coming because each day I hear of and I see many new Christians. There was one, Christ Jesus, and now there are billions—this is the substance of our Faith. The substance of our Faith is also our proven and God given abilities to go into the world and across the planet to preach in every nation (ethnos=ethnic group). I can see the "substance" of Faith.

God gave His Son because He has faith that through the faith of and the works of Christ Jesus we will return to Him—our Father. I personally, will as best I can, give the Son of God to the world who is yet to believe. I will love mine enemies. I will tread on their "high places" by giving them the God that is above all of the heavens and the earth. I will do this with the armor of God and not with guns and bombs and knives. His words are the sword of mine excellency. His words killed me dead and I am raised with Him above the heavens.

Thanks to the Faith of Christ Jesus, I am allowed to know and understand the mystery of God the Father. Christ Jesus, the Light of the world, came to sup with me as He did with Paul on the road to Damascus. Christ Jesus came to save the world not to condemn the world. My faith is in Christ Jesus and His works—changing the world from darkness to Light.

Blessings to all...
Quote Reply
Re: [JOCELYN GUEVARA] What do you think faith is? In reply to
It depends on what do you mean under faith