The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Is it ok for pastors to be on the church board?

Quote Reply
Is it ok for pastors to be on the church board?
Hey everyone!

I have a question..
Is it ok for pastors to be on the board?

I am from a Pentecostal church. There are 10 people on the board at church, 3 of them are pastors.
One pastor is the Senior pastor, one is the Administrative pastor (who deals with Finances), one is the Treasurer on the Board.

Thanks

Nanc
Quote Reply
Re: [angelicprincess] Is it ok for pastors to be on the church board? In reply to
Hi, Nanc, This is a great question! I have no idea what the protocol is for church boards. I do know that some churches have a pastors for different areas in the church, for example Evangelism Pastor or Music Pastor. Others have Elders which may be church board members. Personally, I don't have a problem with the senior pastor, administrative pastor, etc., being board members. In fact, it seems to me that they SHOULD be on the board as they know the most about the church and are best qualified to give advice or suggestions about how best to run it. It seems to me that if your church board members are not pastors or deacons or elders, etc., that it might be difficult for them to make informed decisions. Just my thoughts. I pray that your church works well and that people appreciate and support your board.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Is it ok for pastors to be on the church board? In reply to
The Senior Pastor should always be on the board in a position of responsiibility to the board and membership through them. Any others would be at the descretion of the board and membership.
I am glad I had a good sec. when I pastored. couldn 't spell.
m7th
I notice that, Jim. I made somw corrections for you. :)
OP2

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Jul 22, 2015, 7:11 PM