The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

I need some advice!!

(Page 1 of 2)
Quote Reply
I need some advice!!
i am currently a member of one church but recently i went to another church and let me tell you i really felt the Lord there. I have never left church so happy. but now i am torn between either staying at my church I have grown up in or moving on. Should I wait and see if I start feeling better about my current church or should I go ahead and change membership? All comments are welcome.

thanks carphe{
Quote Reply
Re: I need some advice!! In reply to
If you want to leave your church because of how the other church feels I would suggest stay where you are. But if you could get involved in this new church in some personal ministry then I would say go for it.

My family and I really dislike the church we are in and have found several churches that we like better but we do not move because God has not lead us into one of these churches.

Also if you feel your needs are not being met at your church find ways you can fill the needs yourself in a serving ministry. Maybe someone else is feeling left out too. God may be calling you to that particular ministry.

If our church did not have a program for teens I would allow my teens to go to another church because we all need to be discipled and shepherded. Although I wish and hope they will find their own places in the ministry some day.

My wife and I feel very strongly that the Lord is leading us to plant another church in order to reach a younger population that is not being reached in our area. So, we will leave in order to fill that ministry.

Did this make since?

Quote Reply
Personally, I would go where I felt the Lord more at. But as I said, personally.

I realize you weren't looking for a new Church but when we were looking for a Church (we had just moved to the area) we chose the one where we "felt" the Lord. We have been there for almost 5 years now and both my husband and myself are Sunday School teachers and are involved in a lot of things with the Church.

But you do need to be where you feel led to go. You say you grew up in your present Church but happy in this other, what does that really tell you?

You can continue to test out the other Church for a few weeks and see where that leads you.

Blessings
Quote Reply
Go where you get fed. If the new church is giving you revelation on scriptures that you don't get at your old church, then you need to make a change. Don't stay at the old out of habit or responsibility. Or try the new church for a while. Give it a month. You don't have to make a decision right now. The Lord will lead you to where He wants you to be.
Quote Reply
  I´ve read your message and the replies, where somebody said wisely "stay where you get fed" and other said "follow your heart". Well there is something to consider when you say you feel good in this or that church. You "feel better" with the people of that church, the environment and way the service is lead or you "feel better" with God there? You feel god´s presence more intensely there. What I wanna say is when you go to church what you have to consider more is not how you interact with what surrounds you but how you interact with God.How intensely you feel His presence when you "give yourself to Him" to receive of Him, and that depends more of you than the church. As well as that, of course you have to examine(considering the Bible) if the "food" they serve there is of the best quality as it is to be. And pray, pray a lot that God will lead you. I´m glad you´re taking care to do the best to God and to take the right way. God bless you!!
Quote Reply
seek the Lord.....see where He wants you.
Quote Reply
As a ministry of the gospel I would say were He is and were you feel Him the most is the church God wants you at. We fall in the problem that were I grew up in this church is were I have to go, but maybe this isn't God's plan for you.Preach77
Quote Reply
I am just a twelve year old child, and i kinda know how it is. My parents don't go to church to often, and i'm a very well-known person at my church. My best advice to you is that even though it's hard to adjust to a change i think that you should stay for a couple of months and see how you feel. Sometimes when you don't know whats best maybe you can talk to your friends and pastors, but this is what my pastor told me. If there's a big choice that you need to make say a prayer about it and move on or stay in prayer silently and not saying anything, but try to listen to anything in your heart that the may be advising you to do. He may say anything at any moment. If you want you may email me at vicktoria_girl2004@yahoo.com You may also want to read the new churches statement of faith.
Quote Reply
Carrie, I understand your position, I would suggest that you really seek God in this matter, I don't feel, that it is wrong to change churches at all; especially wherever God's Word is being taught. I would like to advise you, to get to know their belief's as well as their mission statement, and make certain that their doctrine is in agreement with God's Word. Sometimes other churches may be quite different concerning this subject and may be quite different from your belief's which could cause massive confusion to what you have already been taught and this could result in a backset rather than your moving forward, So I would ask you to seek God for direction and Carrie I will also be praying for you.

God Bless!

Quote Reply
Relying on feelings, will always lead to disaster !

The position that it is of no consequence what men believe is one of Satan's most successful deceptions. He knows that the truth, received in the love of it, sanctifies the soul of the receiver; therefore he is constantly seeking to substitute false theories, fables, another gospel.

Popular revivals are too often carried by appeals to the imagination, by exciting the emotions, by gratifying the love for what is new and startling. Converts thus gained have little desire to listen to Bible truth, little interest in the testimony of prophets and apostles. Unless a religious service has something of a sensational character, it has no attractions for them. A message which appeals to unimpassioned reason awakens no response. The plain warnings of God's word, relating directly to their eternal interests, are unheeded.

It is the work of conversion and sanctification to reconcile men to God by bringing them into accord with the principles of His law. In the beginning, man was created in the image of God. He was in perfect harmony with the nature and the law of God (10 commandments); the principles of righteousness were written upon his heart. But sin alienated him from his Maker. He no longer reflected the divine image. His heart was at war with the principles of God's law (Exodus 20:3-17).

"The carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." Romans 8:7. But "God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son," that man might be reconciled to God. Through the merits of Christ he can be restored to harmony with his Maker. His heart must be renewed by divine grace; he must have a new life from above. This change is the new birth, without which, says Jesus, "he cannot see the kingdom of God."

The first step in reconciliation to God is the conviction of sin. "Sin is the transgression of the law." "By the law is the knowledge of sin." 1 John 3:4; Romans 3:20. In order to see his guilt, the sinner must test his character by God's great standard of righteousness. It is a mirror which shows the perfection of a righteous character and enables him to discern the defects in his own.
Quote Reply
"Relying on Feelings will always lead to disaster", This is an opinionated idea or theory of one's belief, on the subject of one of the attributes that God give all men, these attributes can either be used to obey God or Disobey God, The feeling the topic starter felt was that she felt the Lord very strong at this church she attended, To make a statement that feelings always lead to disaster, would exempt us from feeling the presence of God, if feelings "ALWAYS" lead to disaster, I have personally felt the presense of God many many times and have never experienced a disaster from God's touch, I guess this should have been better stated that, if we respond to a feeling that is not of God; it will always lead to a disaster, when acted upon, That is the reason prayer is such an important office in the Christian faith, we must pray for God to give us direction, to lead guide and direct our lives, and follow the feelings that God puts upon us. And not rely upon our on instincts or better stated our own feelings, because we are sinful by nature, So the very best answer or advice is found through seeking our wonderful counselor through prayer and follwing the leading of the Holy Spirit. Christians can offer their opinnions, but there is only one with the correct answer and that is God. And even though I believe fellowship among believers is beneficial in our christian life, no man can know the mind of God, so if it was God that you felt then the best answer is to seek him the One that has all the answers.

Rev. Robert H. Wright Jr.
Quote Reply
  Dear carphe, Hi, All most all the Churches that preach & Worship our Almighty Father, we're going to feel HIS presents. My advice to you is go where you feel The Lord needs you or if you still in learning, then go where you feel you will most benefit from. *genesis!
Quote Reply
i think u shoud move cuz u have been there so long u sould
Quote Reply
hi carphe

sometimes as we grow and mature as the Holy Spirit reveals more of God to us, the place we are at may become stale and dry if that place is not growing and maturing as well. A pastor once set me free because i felt that i had to stay in the church i had attended for a long long time. He said if the well is dry for you bill go to a place where the water is flowing. he did not want to loose me, but he was more concerned that i grow and experience all that God had for me.

the only reasons i would not move from one church to another are if God clearly spoke for me to stay, or if I was runningfrom responsibility or accountabillity.

It sounds like God has given you a fresh taste of what he is doing - perhaps you should check it out and see what Gods Spirit calls you to do. I trust God Spirit to speak to you and give you clear guidance. Blessings to you.
Quote Reply
hi carphe

sometimes as we grow and mature as the Holy Spirit reveals more of God to us, the place we are at may become stale and dry if that place is not growing and maturing as well. A pastor once set me free because i felt that i had to stay in the church i had attended for a long long time. He said if the well is dry for you bill go to a place where the water is flowing. he did not want to loose me, but he was more concerned that i grow and experience all that God had for me.

the only reasons i would not move from one church to another are if God clearly spoke for me to stay, or if I was runningfrom responsibility or accountabillity.

It sounds like God has given you a fresh taste of what he is doing - perhaps you should check it out and see what Gods Spirit calls you to do. I trust God Spirit to speak to you and give you clear guidance. Blessings to you.
Quote Reply
Hi I must say that even though you do attend church at one place I feel you might want to seek the LORD on where HE would have you to attend. I also have went to certain churches and felt I would rather attend there but....... God had a different plan. But I would seek HIM for where to attend and I gurantee HE will not lead you in the wrong direction!

GOD BLESS YOU

AND I PRAY

IN JESUS NAME

HE WILL SHOW YOU

WHERE HE WANTS U!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
  Dear carphe, Hi, All most all the Churches that preach & Worship our Almighty Father, we're going to feel HIS presents. My advice to you is go where you feel The Lord needs you or if you still in learning, then go where you feel you will most benefit from. I have put you in my prayers & I think your best bet is to go to The Almighty GOD in prayer & go to HIM through our beloved Savior Christ Jesus, explaining to HIM that you want to be where HE needs -or- wants you to be, the most. *genesis!

PS. When I read the Scripture in Ezekiel 3:1-11, when GOD speaks about Israel - I see it as HE was speaking about HIS people. And who are we? But HIS people today. So when I read the Scripture, I don't just picture 'the house of Israel' but the house of HIS people instead, and then understand it in much better perspective as of 'the son of man' for today. Please, wont you read these Scriptures - Maybe it will help you to make up your decision of what you should do. But always go into prayer before you read The Holy Bible, asking for The Almighty GOD's Holy Spirit to be poured down upon you, to guide you as you look for HIS answers, asking all this in The Name of HIS Only Begotten Son, (Emmanuel) Christ Jesus. *genesis!

Ezekiel 3:1-11

1. Moreover He said to me, "Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.''

2. So I opened my mouth, and He caused me to eat that scroll.

3. And He said to me, "Son of man, feed your belly, and fill your stomach with this scroll that I give you.'' So I ate it, and it was in my mouth like honey in sweetness.

4. And He said to me: "Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them.

5. "For you are not sent to a people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, but to the house of Israel,

6. "not to many people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely, had I sent you to them, they would have listened to you.

7. "But the house of Israel will not listen to you, because they will not listen to Me; for all the house of Israel are impudent and hard-hearted.

8. "Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads.

9. "Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they are a rebellious house.''

10. Moreover He said to me: "Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears.

11. "And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, `Thus says the Lord God,' whether they hear, or whether they refuse.''

Quote Reply
Because it makes you feel good does not mean it is good for you...I love cake and pie but if I ate it all the time I would look like a house....lol. If you feel that your church is not teaching you the truth or you are feeling that your church is not teaching you anything....it is time to look for a new church. Sometimes we look for a quick fix but we need to search and find the truth....There are a lot of pastors out there that preach....but what are they preaching...I myself am searching for the truth. I want to know what the bible says...not listen to someone tell me a story about what happened in their lives yesterday, and tell me how I should be....tell me what is in the Bible and help me study so that I can learn the truth...very few pastors tell you what is in the Bible .....thats what I want to know and I think we all should then we well know what to do
Quote Reply
A man had been on a deserted island for 25 years

and one day he was rescued.

While climbing into the rescuers boat,

a man asked him what those THREE straw huts were.

He said, "That one is my house, and that one is my church."

“Well... what is the other one?” he asked?

“Oh, that’s where I used to go to church."

ok so I guess the point is be careful not to move unless Jesus guides you . We as Christians must accept he is everywhere can bless you anywhere but we should be nowhere unless thats where he told us to be
Quote Reply
Hi Carphe,

Ive read your query and the replies so far given, and believe... i do understand your turmoil of heart. It's true to say that we are not to "RELY ON FEELINGS" as we are to walk in the spirit and not the flesh, even the devil can take on the form of an angel of light, thats a scriptural truth too. That's all very easy to say, but the truth is also that much of our walk with Christ, is often biased by our feelings... we are after all 'HUMAN'... hence having experienced the same confusion myself... i too have recently this year changed my church.

The true Gospel was preached at the old one, there's nothing more sure, but by the same token... the TRUTH is ALSO preached at my new church too.

It sounds to me that your confusion stems more from a sense of responsibilty to the church which you say you grew up in, therefore i would advise you to decide honestly to yourself... who are you following...the Pastor or the Lord?

The Disciples themselves did it too, one said "I am of Peter" yet another said, "I am of Paul" yet they were told by all concerned to follow the Christ.

HE alone is the one to whom your allegiance undoubtedly lies, and if the true Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached in BOTH assemblies, then i personally would go to the one where i am happiest and fit in the best.

Being part of God's church is not about numbers, it's about growing and maturing....

Carphe...."Go where you feel happiest, serving and worshipping God is and always should be a wonderful joy, because that is what makes us individuals strong and bold in Christ"

Don't "FEEL GUILTY!!" go where the truth is preached and not where you 'FEEL' a responsibility to go, because you grew up there. It's all well to say you probably have a ministry to encourage someone else... but in doing so dear, don't neglect your own need to be encouraged and nurtured.

Church assemblies ought never be in competition with eachother, there is one Spirit and one body, so if the truth is preached in both, there really should never be a problem... you will grow where you get nurtured, going to church is not a chore, it's to be a delight.

As the psalmist says... " I Delight GREATLY in the Lord" so go to where you are delighted to worship the same one true living GOD.

Be happy, wax strong and forever be blessed in the love of Jesus.

AMEN!!! from Amenmike
Quote Reply
carphe, stay at your church because that is what you want. if you were raised in this church and over the course of time it got cold or boering to you then you must work to change this.

make GODS presense felt in church. because if all the brothers and sisters felt to go elsewhere then this church would go away.

i have been where you are. GOD BLESS
Quote Reply
Hi, my husband and I were in a church, and we knew that God would eventually transplant us. We both felt a falling away from our old church. And it was a mutally decision to leave. There is nothing wrong with staying at a church if God is telling you to stay, but sometimes God moves us so that He can take us to a new level in learning about Him. God gave us an opportunity to grow. Seek God and He will tell you where He wants you. The church in which He transplanted us is a church where they equip the saints for ministry.

Blessings,

Mary
Quote Reply
its important to go to a church that really reaches you inside.
Quote Reply
I am assuming that you are already a committed, spirit filled follower of Jesus. If not, you need to get that sorted out with God, before chasing after churches which may seem to offer "experiences" of God. There is no better way than on your knees with an open heart and time on your hands.

If you have already done that it is important to remember that you are "the church". You are a gift of God to his church and He has gifted you to slot in and fulfil a particular function within it, for the edification of others. Others have also been set in the church specifically for your edification.

They are in all true churches, not only the one you are in now, or the one you might go to. Discernment is a gift resulting often from experience. Learn how to recognise who to help and who can help you.

Now you need to discover your 'gifting' so that you can begin to 'give of yourself', and be built and grafted into God's church like a 'living stone'.

To this end it may be God's plan to 'train' you by leading you into discovering ministerial resources within you that you are as yet unaware of.

If your present church cannot offer you insight into your proper function within 'the body', (the universal church, check it out), then it's time to look to a local church that can.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
I am going through the same thing and do not feel obligated to stay at my former church due to some very suspect fiscal shennanigans. God is where YOU are, if another church appeals to your senses please feel free to attend. There is no law stating that you must stay stagnant in your personal home of worship.