The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Hurting Christian

Quote Reply
Hurting Christian
How do you get over being hurt by christians in such a way that you don't ever feel like going to church again?
Quote Reply
Re: Hurting Christian In reply to
I would suggest you take a time out. Really slow down your mind and emotions in the area of church. Rely on the Word of God and the message and life of Jesus. Share with someone who understands what you are going through, but speak sorrow and disappointed, not bitterness or unforgiveness. Time and the Lord will heal your wounds and He will direct you to a fellowship where you will be at home. Lastly, if this should apply, take inventory of your own life as a Christian and see if you have been part of the problem, or added to the problem. I am not saying that you have, but we do need to examine our own hearts in all spiritual affairs. I do emphathize with you, for you are not alone. God bless you real good and don't give up.

Jesus said that offenses will come. Remember you are loved by God and His commitment to you is for eternity. Blessings. (KingsKid)
Quote Reply
hi,

my name is jatuma and i come from liberia.i understand that you are trying to find answers as to how to over come hurts,especially those that are inflicted upon us by fellow christians.

whenever i have such problems,i turn to God for help.you konw,we are all humans and as such are limited.Bible says that offences will come.in the last days,many will betray each other and will hate many.

but God has given us the 'master key to forgivenness'.we are to pray for those who hurts us. we are to forgive them because Christian also forgive them and us.Rom5:8

Going back to the very church is a sign that we have not been over coming by evil.remember to over evil with good.

keeping you in my prayers.

sincerely,

jatuma

Quote Reply
I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone...It is a good idea to find others who can relate in their experiences. To find encouragement and strength in Christ from other believers who have experienced what you have experienced and how they overcame... I know this kind of thing is not so "easy" to overcome...We can all quote the scriptures of what God says we are to do...But we must not be so hard and relgious as if these kind of things are so easy to do...Because they certainly are not...But it surely does help to have faithful and integritous christian friends who can be there and pray us through these kind of situations...to be a support to lean on in love, truth, and commitment in the Holy Ghost to reconcile us. It is not always necessary to stay a member of a church it really depends on the situation. Sometimes these things happen and God uses them to reveal something to us for our protection. It all depends on what God's will is in the situation. Some people can be so religious and pious and put what is called charismatic witchcraft on us to coerce us to bow to do their will rather than do God's will. But the best thing we can do is forgive, speak blessings in prayer for them, take ourselves out of the equation, earnestly seek His will for you in this, and meditate on what Jesus said and did, repent for anything that needs to be repented of, and obey the Spirit of God and the Word...There are websites from members of the body of Christ that are exposing problems in the church among all believers.. who offer answers and encouraging teachings...there are godly christian books offering support, help, revelation from their own experiences as well. The main thing is to not let the enemy steal your joy, hope, and peace...The Holy Spirit is the Comforter and His job is to lead us into all truth...sanctify us in truth...convict us all of sin...and make a way of escape...He is our helper, advocate, physician, and friend...Nothing is hidden from Him...He knows everything and everyones hearts...It is not our job to change people but the Holy Spirits job...sometimes no matter what we say to people it just will not change them or the situation...But God is faithful...remember that James speaks about worldly wisdom as being demonic...and we do not want to handle things the way the world does...but Godly wisdom is first of all peaceful...God gives grace to the Humble who seek not their own way but His will...God has tender mercies and collects our tears in a bottle...We must not lose sight of His love for us and others...He is slow to anger...long suffering and patient...Read proverbs Chapter 1...Solomon warns his son not to follow or even put his foot on the path of sinners...There is alot of revelation in proverbs as to the things that we all have to deal with in our flesh and carnality...But by His grace we can overcome our flesh and the enemy...Apart from Him we can do nothing... Just remember to not run away from God because it will only lead to resentment, unforgiveness, and bitterness...But run to God and let Him make the necessary adjustments. Blessings anewcreatureinchrist

Quote Reply
Hi Royce, I know how you feel. I've been there too. Hurting people do hurt people. I know. So many Christians at all different levels of learning. I expected those in church to be what they 'should' be. So many are not. I cried to God about it. He said..."That's why I need you there!" I have been put in a place to overcome their coldness and non-acceptance but nonetheless put a hearty effort to show them love and light...maybe they need showing it. They do warm up and learn if you don't give up. LOVE 'em anyway no matter what. God will like it and be with you in it. He can work miracles. Satan does not want you to do THAT! Be an overcomer and show them how Jesus would do it!! heheh.

satan will try everything to keep you outta church...He would love it if you get offended and stop going altogether. Tell him you are more than a conquorer in Jesus' name!

Speaking from experience...

Much love and I'm praying for you!!!!

Godzgirl7

Hold your head up. Walk into church. Be God's LIGHT!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
  Dearest Brother of Christ, though Church is suppose to be a beautiful place to go, there will be - unfortunately - times another Bother or Sister may not behave as a True Christian. AS when Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus, we to will find such people in our lives. The best thing to do is just let it go. And do what you know is right in our Lord's eyes. Remember The Lord will judge you according to your actions & He will judge them too.

Satan is out to taunt you in hope that you will betray The Almighty GOD as Satan had caused Judas to betray Jesus. Satan is the one always reminding how imperfect we are, as if it were OK to sin because of it. But Jesus taught us differently.

Jesus, did not teach us nothing - His teachings are just as important to remember as His Crucification is. Jesus died for our sins, in HOPE that we would be saved! Part of that HOPE was for us to obey His teachings the other part of that HOPE is to Love, our Almighty GOD, with all our heart, soul, mind & might, and to LOVE our neighbor as we love ourselves.

Be patient, The Lord is on your side, just listen to His teachings because His teachings will help you to get along in life.

I do hope that I was of some help to you.

PS. John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me. Love Always, *genesis! A Sister of Christ Jesus.

Quote Reply
Sorry to hear you've gottin hurt by Christians. Don't quit church by all means that is not the answer. I find that when I pray for those who despitefully uses me or hurts me. I fist forgive them, then I pray for them. The more I pray for them the love of God comes in my heart for them. It will get better Royce Bond. You then begin the growth of your love walk towards people and love is above it all amen. Not sure how long you been with the Lord but these trials and valley's we all go through will help you grow stronger. Face the enemy and use the authority as the beliver in Jesus. He has given you His word to use against those evil forces that tries to come against you. If you don't have the baptism of the Holy Spirit then that is another way to have more power to be victorious. Blessings in your growth in the Lord He is always for you not against you. GBU I forgot to share with you on my experience in hurts. I was in prayer one day over that subject hurts. The Holy Spirit revealed to me.How not to get hurt again. Is not to expectant others to treat you a certain way but put all your expectations in the Lord and lean on him he will never hurt or fail you but man will. And Always keep your eyes upon the Lord.
Quote Reply
THE MEEK SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH
Quote Reply
You remember your first love..

If for sure you remember that it is Jesus Chjrist that saved you and called you to serve him in that church then you will not let others take that from you,

when you remember that he whom you asked for repentance from was not the fellow Christian but Jesus Christ,the Son of God.

when you know for sure that it is not this christian that died and resurrected and is now sitted at the right hand of the power of God.

when you know that you have been forgiven of all you sins and are now clean and blessed and Jesus has said that you too must forgive and forget .

when you know that this Christian needs to know that you are members if the same body you will go to him and inform him of the hurt s/he has caused you and with a spirit of gentleness help him see where he has come to fall..you will enjoy fellowship with the saints in your church.

It is written do not neglect the meeting together as is the habit of some....

Pray for this fellow and seek ways to help him change..for when you hurt then i hurt then the church hurts..we are one body in Christ and memebers of the same body never fight.but they work together in harmony and love and seek to be of best service to each other.

Jesus Christ loves you and he is ready to reconcile you with the people that have hurt you,for his names sake.remember he is the one that reconciled us with the Father.we can be called children of God because of Him,

love is longsuffering,love is patient,love seeks not it's own,love never fails...love conqures

You are loved...let the world see God through you.

Be blessed
Quote Reply
Have you tried speaking directly to the person(s) that hurt you? The Bible says when we have a problem with another Christian we must go to them and try and work it out, if that does not work, then we should take 1-2 other mature Christians along to help solve the problem, and if that does not work, then bring it before the church. Finally if he refuses to repent, you just have to let that person go. Matthew 18:15-17. The wonderful thing about this is if you go to him and peace is made, "you have gained a brother", but if all your efforts come to nothing, you know you have done everything in your power to resolve the problem and you have gotten it off your chest and out of your heart so you will not have to grow bitter or carry a grudge to the extent that you never go to church again. Follow the Biblical path in this situation and God will give you peace. After you have made every effort to make peace and if satan tries to bring up the hurt again, rebuke him in the name of Jesus and refocus your thoughts on God. As long as satan can keep you hurting over this, he has you where he wants you. Be strong and overcome this hurdle. God will be proud of you once you have. Remember, whatever we do, we need to do it as unto God. Perhaps you may feel like, "I was the one that was hurt so why should I go to that person and make peace. He should come to me". This is true, but someones others are not mature enough to take that step or sometimes they don't even realize how deeply or if at all they have hurt another so God calls us to be strong and take the step, but He does not call us put ourselves in a situation where we are continually battered. There is a point where God says to draw the line and let the other go. God will take care of that person from there if we leave it to Him. If we follow God's path, we will never go wrong.
Quote Reply
My Dear One, I know that some people that go to CHURCH are more-or-less Hypocrits. Some of them have emotional problems themselves which tend to make it hard on themselves to show concideration for others. Non-the-less, don't let them get you down. Instead remember that The Almighty GOD is watching them as HE is also watching you.

When ever others act in such a way toward us, it's up to us to stand firm. No-matter how much it hurt's us.

What I usually do is go to GOD & scripture. I find the best disciplin comes from scripture. I find away to bring it up in a confersation or I pass out scripture cards. This seems to help. But before I do ANYTHING!! I go to The Almighty GOD first! In Prayer. I too, will be Praying for you.

Life is not always easy. True, some people tend to make it that way.

Remember it's your actions that you need to be concerned with, for GOD is counting on you & is watching you.

Quote Reply
This is my first post at this forum, hello everybody!

I had some very dear friends going through similar situations, then one day at church our Pastor said "some might be new at this church because they are frustated at another church or they may be frustated with this church and want to see another... He said "In either case leave your baggage at the door".

Church attendance should be for learning,praising and fellowship.

It should be about keeping things at the heart of worship.

Church attendance isn't a necessity for salvation, its an act of obedience and thanksgiving and learning striving to be closer.

I will prayer for you my friend.
Quote Reply
Forgiveness is a daily pursuit for most of us in ministry.I have been trying to start a church and have come into all sorts of opposition, both from Christians and the devil himself.

Having been an independent music minister for many years, I can tell you it is easier to play at weddings, birthdays and clubs than to launch into concerts. The Mega Church mentality dominates this scene, and you are either an insider or an outsider.

Church unity is an aspiration yet to be fullfilled, as scripture say's Jesus will be returning to a church that is without spot or wrinkle.
Quote Reply
I don't know if this was a friend, family member, boyfriend, girlfriend, or even someone you don't know, but don't let that come in between you and your relationship with God! That's just the Devil telling you that you don't need to go to church sooo...

Now I don't know what happend so I can't say much, but just have faith and believe that God will take care of this situation!
Quote Reply
One thing I've learned since I came to Christ in 1983 is that people are people and sometimes we do get hurt. I suggest you study Phillipians 4:4-9 (Too long to quote here), and remember, in the final analysis its not about you, its about the Lord.

SpiritLedEd

Quote Reply
Trust Jesus. As hard as it might be, you must trust and grab hold to what you know. If He's been your Lord and Savior all your life, then He's the same yesterday, and forever. I know because I've been hurt, but I manage to hold on to God, and He's brought me through. Also, be truthful to yourself, don't try to cover up your hurt, and open yourself to the Lord. Watch Him show you, you and you'll be the better for it.
Quote Reply
Honey, join the club. Believe there are many members. The greatest advice I can give you is this.....church is a place for you to grow in your relationship with God. Believe me, I've been hurt more than anyone but God won't release me from church or even the specific church I was hurt in. We need to toughen up and learn how to war against this sort of thing that keeps God's people apart. And remember, our battle is not with flesh and blood. God will grow you up in way you never imagined if you just remain sensitive to Him and obey Him no matter how hard it gets or how much it hurts. Remember, He suffered the ultimate rejection and payed the highest price and we are not above our master. Pray and seek God on this issue and find out where He is calling you to worship and then go and stay there till He gives you leave. Love in christ, Opaula
Quote Reply
Wow...you hit the nail on the head with this one my friend....

ouch..

I say this because it is all too true that this happens, and often. My daughter is very disheartened, and I have been as well.

I think I had to just come to an understanding that we are all in the same boat. I have been one of "those" christians myself, no doubt, which has caused some to turn and look elswhere. I have had moments where I was not an example of what a christian was even close to. I feel so bad about the ones who have drifted due to me. And then, I understood that many were like me, and that the important thing was my walk with God. I had to get back on track, not only for my sake, or your sake, or anyones, but also for God, because I am here to have a relationship with Him. That is the reason we were created, was for fellowship with God, our Father.

While I can not understand why God would want me in heaven with Him, I do understand He does want me there. Far be it from me to deny him that...lol.

This has to be about you and God, your relationship with Him.

This is not about your relationship with me, or your parents, or another preacher, teacher, or any christian. Jesus' death was about God's relationship with you royce....lyou are important to Him, and He wants you. You are called by God, and that is who this should be about.

Take care my friend,

In Christ,

Steve
Quote Reply
Try to remember that some christians belive that they have the authority to judge others. It is only the lord whom has the righteousness to do so. They forget the virtues of compassion, patience, and love, forgiveness.

Then on the other side, some people take fair critisizm to sensatively.

I dont know what the situation was that caused the discomfortBut I hope both parties can apply some of the virtues that bring people into the kingdom.
Quote Reply
All these are bery good answers. Listen to them, roycebond.

I was not hurt by Christians when I left the Lord for 16-18 years. I was hurt by a non-Christian.

However, most Christians I either met or saw during that time were con artists, or self-holy people. I met a very nice Christian who brought me to his church 2-3 years ago. I'm back on track with God, though I no longer go to that church. I belong to God. I've come home. It's so good to come home. I've missed God so much, though I did not know it while I was gone. Keep in the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ. Do not let hurts or anything keep you away from God, Jesus, the Spirit, or any heavenly thing. It's too precious to give up.
Quote Reply
Hi , How do you know they are really christians ? The devil and his people just love to go into the churches and cause commotion , it can even be the head guy to ( pastor )they come in all shapes and sizes . Just try to pray to the lord and keep your faith towards him