The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Tyndale translation.

Quote Reply
Tyndale translation.
Anyone have a link with a Tyndale translation?

it too, used the Textus Receptus, like the King James translators, but never translated the word "church" wrongly,

like King James commanded his translators to do, in edict #3.
Quote Reply
Re: Tyndale translation. In reply to
Ever heard of synonym?

The word "church" is a synonym for both assembly and congregation.

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/thesaurus?book=Thesaurus&va=congregation+
Quote Reply
Re: Tyndale translation. In reply to
right, and leg is a synonym for tail.
Quote Reply
Re: [Mark L Malone] Tyndale translation. In reply to
It is if you're a KJV-Onlyist.
Quote Reply
Re: [kiwimac] Tyndale translation. In reply to
 The fifty-four independent scholars who created the King James Version of the bible in 1611 drew significantly on Tyndale's translations. One estimation suggests the New Testament in the King James Version is 83% Tyndale's, and the Old Testament 76%. We need his kind of fire to spread the Gospel instead of debating semantics. Let's fight the enemy of men's souls instead of attacking one another.

I Thes 5:13-15

Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other's nerves you don't snap at each other. Look for the best in each other,and always do your best to bring it out. Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. Don't suppress the Spirit, and don't stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don't be gullible.Check out everything, and keep only what's good. Throw out anything tainted with evil.

May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable.
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop] Tyndale translation. In reply to
Amen! How many Christians might we guess were made from the knowledge of the KJV? It was in print and available to anyone wanting a copy for centuries before newer versions came out in print. Had the scholars serving King James had access to manuscript sources unknown at the time, would anyone assume the Church, the very body of Jesus, would have turned out unrecognizable to us today? I doubt it. God has accomplished His objective quite well with the huge distribution of the KJV, and now magnified by way of many other versions of minute difference except in languages/dialects pertinent to many nations and generations. We have now versions that use American slang that is already becoming out of date, or will in the near future. How people communicate will always change, but the living Word will not. Search the scriptures using the mountain of study aids we have access to. Research a single verse for hours or days, discovering why one version seems to add or delete a verse. The more you study, not just read, the less ought you will have with others who do the same.

Jesus told us to GO, preach the gospel, making disciples. There is enough agreement in all the versions to accomplish salvation for many in our own generation. Lets not allow a few differences destroy the whole objective. I won't walk in any sort of offense not seeing the forest because my nose is stuck to one tree. I back off to see all I am allowed to see.

Jim
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men
Post deleted by standingfirm In reply to
Quote Reply
Re: [standingfirm] Tyndale translation. In reply to
THE TYNDALE WORK IS ONE OF THE BEST BUT IT IS NOT A TRANSLATION.
IT IS A PARAPHARSE VERSION ONLY .IT STILL IS A GREAT WORK OF LITERTURE.
jim
m7th--circle of revival