The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

God and Art

Quote Reply
God and Art
There are two things i live for, my God and art, where would i be if i lost either one, God gave me the gift of being able to draw, so i draw for God, is that what i should do with my life, art can be so bad, will i get pulled in to satans grip, i need God to guide me, until i see his face, thats the only time when i can be totally relieved from this worlds problems, so why dont i draw about my problems, i want to strive in my life with God, its His life, why dont we live them right, sin controls so many people, why not me, cause i have God, and Jesus, when i draw what do i draw, people praying, children seeking, what, we need a God, lets find him now, through art, music, speaking, whatever you know is your gift.
Quote Reply
God and Art In reply to
Whoa. Powerful words Tessa. But Awesome!!! I feel the exact same way!! just the other day i decided my life would be for God and drawing for God. i'm not that good yet. But maybe God will teach me how to become a better drawer. Anyway. the first picture I drew since the start of my drawing career for God is attached to this message. i hope. Anyway, it's nothing special, but it's a start.

My motto is: make the best of your talents, but use your talents for the best.

And we all know who the best is!!!

><> S.y.R.p. : Send Your Refining Power ><>
Quote Reply
God and Art In reply to
I too have been given the gift of drawing from the Lord. About a year ago God gave me a picture to draw. This was truely an act of God because before that I always had to look at something to draw. After the first picture the Holy Spirit gave me 3 or 4 more pictures. I have not recieved any for quite awhile but am open to it. I find now that even though I love drawing, now that I have used this gift totally for him I can not just draw for the sake of drawing anymore I have to be led by God to draw. Make sense? Also has anyone ever heard of this before:

I visited a church once where up front there was a big pad of paper on a easel and paints where anyone led by the Spirit could come and draw a picture then they hung them on the walls of the church...it was really interesting and an incredible blessing!

-one thirsty soul for God
Quote Reply
Re: God is the most awesome artist! In reply to
You are so right Firehart...I wanted to tell everyone of the most awesome sunrise I saw on my prayer walk...and the intricate frost on my window with all those patterns...and the beautiful song that was being sung by the unseen bird near by. Wow every day, every minute, I praise the Lord for HIS art!
Quote Reply
What a blessing this thread is...It makes my heart sing with joy. I too am an artist for God. One day it was on my heart to thank Him for this talent He gave me. I said, "God I give this talent right back to you...Father use it for your glory; I dedicate it to you". I'm not a schooled artist, but can draw anything I look at. He gave me an idea of a drawing...something I did not have to look at to draw. As I began the picture, I began to get sudden ideas out of "nowhere"...Like on the job training. God took that picture and annointed it and made something beautiful out of it. I printed CHURCH OF GOD on the bottom. It was a tree with lots of different kinds of birds lodging in it. The picture was used by a christian organization and we made it into hundreds of laminated bookmarks. The print was in spanish...Iglesia De Dios...The artwork made it into a communist country and was given to underground women of God. This endeavor cost me a couple of hundred dollars to produce. I had to pay for the printed and laminated material. I had no money. It was Friday afternoon. I said God I'm going to write this check out of thin air...please Father don't let it bounce and supply me with the money to cover this check. I was walking on faith. Someone came to my house the next day and GAVE me more than enough money to cover it. PRAISE YOU LORD! I dedicated this art to God as a firstfruit kind of tithe. Awhile later someone else had seen the art and wanted to commission me to do some for her. I did not have enough money to pay the bills and was refusing to doubt God for provision; at that exact moment was when the lady called about the commissioned work. She wanted it right away...the same scene of the tree with birds...And had a check for 1000 dollars to pay me in ADVANCE!!!!! This STILL chokes me up when I think about it...God is the most awesome artist! Be encouraged and keep on working for HIM. He WILL bless it.......Love, Diane
Quote Reply
I am no artist but I came across this forum and i had to comment yeah God is the best artist of them all its so overwhelming just thinking about all the things God made and put together oh how awesome."Who taught the sun where to stand in the morning?

Who told the ocean you can only come this far?

Who showed the moon where to hide 'til evening?

Whose words alone can catch a falling star? " in the words of the song Redeemer Nicole Nordman what a wonderful picture that paints.What wonderful proof of agreat awesome god.Praise God!JUst want to add thatA painter that I like I love Thomas Kinkade paintings I think hes so god inspired (Painter of light) could never afford the orginals but my home is full of copys I just think he is great. God bless you alll Mamakitty (penny)
Quote Reply
My art is made from wood logs. It's pretty cool to start shaving away at a log and find the suprises God has hidden on the inside.

It's an amazing feeling to find all the colors, contrast and various aromas.

God Bless,

Randy
Quote Reply
Prase the Lord for places like this to encourage one another in those things that God has for each of us. I too am an artist. God is my favorite artist. He has even given us nature to show us how to Praise Him. Look at how the trees reach up to Him and how the flowers and grass grow toward the Son. He is wonderful and greatly to be praised. He is the reason I am and the reason I do anything. This forum has been truly enlightening and inspirational. I haven't drawn in a while. I am looking forward to dedicating all I do to Him. I am going to begin again in His name sake.

Thak you.
Quote Reply
Re: God and Art In reply to
Yay Tessa!!

Thats what I strive for too!"> This is good and when I paint I go go into dreamland it could be the garden of Eden when the work is done! I dance while I paint I eat and paint I draw and write and paint !1Keep going !praise and worship through the arts.

Mari
Quote Reply
Hey i am Jackie and i am a artist too (at least i think so)But in art class i mostly drwa about God and one day i was drawing Jesus'hand and this guy asked me why there was a nail there and i told him the whole story of jesus coming down to save us all, and he accepted christ!It was cool because i was sharing God's gift for us w/ my art!
Quote Reply
Cant draw worth beans...play a little guitar but no great shakes,love the concept of working for God.have an idea that the whole book of acts could be one really great kids cartoon series and wonder if anyone out there is into trying ....???
Quote Reply
I know its been years since u made that suggestion, but thats a great idea!

Quote Reply
I soo much agree to that. I truly believe that THIS IS THE YEAR FOR CREATIVITY! I believe that God wants us to go forth in our gifts & our talents. I believe that He is going to speak with such creativity thru music, drama, dance, sign language, poems, paintings, drawings, book writings & much more..IF we allow Him to work thru us. There is much more that He desires for us to do. It is for the body of Christ! The world needs to see the light that our mighty God has put in us for His GLORY!!! If you are an artist, then go forth and use the very gifts He has given you! Dont sit on those beautiful hands of service. Serve!