The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Luciferianism

(Page 1 of 2)
Quote Reply
Luciferianism
I have a *friend* who was once Luciferian. I would like to know if there is anyone who could help me with any information on the subject. Any info will help. She may be in danger, so info is needed dearly. Thanx
Quote Reply
Re: Luciferianism In reply to
Satan worshippers they are. Wiccans,witches,occultists I guess would be other words for them. I will post more on this as soon as possible. Anyone else got info?
Quote Reply
Luciferianism is SICK SICK SICK if you want reasons of why I say this I will email you personally but I am telling you what I read is SICKINING you dont want to know. But if you must know let me know and I will email you.
Quote Reply
Luciferianism has to do with the worship of Lucifer. Satanism and Luciferism is very different in application. They are sympathisers to him getting "kicked out" of heaven.

There are some differences in beliefs and rituals, however, the end result is the same . . . HELL!!!
Quote Reply
Quote from a Luciferian churches web page:

"The main goal of this religion is to bring an end to the christianity era. The reason we use Satan as our mascot is to set ourselves as the enemy of christians. After all aren't all christians trying to defeat the devil after all. But now the devil is trying to defeat the christians"

Luciferianism, like Satanism itself, has a multitude of forms; primarily being of a Traditionalist slant, and Modernist slant. What I am going to describe herein is primarily just a brief overview of the main differences between "Satanism" and "Luciferianism."

Traditional Luciferianism

Traditional Luciferianism believes in an actual entity or force which is called Lucifer...the mythos varies considerably, as with Traditional Satanism. Some consider Lucifer to be the Christian fallen angel; others, to be an elder God who pre-dates Christianity, etc. Generally the difference between Traditional Satanism and Traditional Luciferianism is one of semantics and character-emphasis: that is, Traditional Satanism tends to focus on the nature of Satan, including characteristics which are "pre-packaged" with the name, such as the connotations of darkness, of "evil," and of anti-Christianity; while Traditional Luciferianism focuses on Lucifer, and the characteristics of knowledge, light, and "betterment" which come with the name. This is not, of course, the only interpretation of "Lucifer." Noteably, the Children of the Black Rose seem to believe that Lucifer is the All of the universe, neither male nor female, neither good nor evil, everything and nothing all together.

Traditional Luciferian groups seem to be few and far between. The Church Lucifer (or Children of the Black Rose) seem to be a well-established and organized group, who claim a general or traditional form of Satanism leading back several thousand years. They are allied with the First Church of Satan, which is also a Traditional Satanism organization. The Church of Lucifer, which is apparently a separate entity than Church Lucifer, once apparently had a very wide web-presence, but most of the websites are out of date, under repair, or completely missing. I could locate only one Luciferian website and was for the Church of Lucifer; that being the California (USA) branch.

Modern Luciferianism

Modern Luciferianism, like the Symbolist stance of Modern Satanism takes a symbolic stance, in that Lucifer is depicted as a mythic figure or symbol which represents admirable qualities or characteristics. Primary among these characteristics are knowledge, independence, pride, and mastery of self. Lucifer is seen as the Lightbearer; the bringer of knowledge and truth. As a being of both fire (light) and air (wisdom), he is characterized by sunlight, wind, and fire. However, in acknowledgement of the dual nature of wisdom/knowledge, and the fact that it can be used for both "good" and "ill," he is also represented, to a lesser degree, by the traditional "darkness" associated with Satanism. These qualities are viewed not only as admirable, but as highly desirable to achieve in one's life. In effect, one wishes to "become Lucifer."

This does not, however, entail worshipping the figure or doing obscure demonologic rituals to empower oneself. It is more accurately described as a conscious effort of constant self-improvement through learning and effort. Small steps of self-betterment, as visible through an increase in material or emotional well-being: a promotion, a car, a new lover, a steady relationship, etc. Magick may or may not be used towards these ends; usually it is lesser magic (wish-magic) which is employed.

I believe it should be noted that, although it is true that most see Luciferianism as a "denomination" of Satanism, there are some who see the two as distinct religious pathways. I have even read writings of one Traditional Luciferian who is adamantly opposed to Satanism, and strongly dislikes the implication that Luciferianism and Satanism are one and the same. So although I do try my best to give accurate information, please keep in mind that not everyone will agree with me.

Your friend could be at one of two extremes. There are those who claim that Satan is their main focus, and they worship Satan. There also are sects who claim that there is no God, Satan Demons, Heaven or Hell. So, it is hard to say where your friend might stand.

I also want to stress that most of my knowledge of the occult comes through classes I have taken in the EMS field, and most dealings have come through that as well. My information is by no means to be considered authoritative on the issue, and the web contains sites that can give much better information than I.

Grace and Peace in Jesus!

Matt

Credit is given to Religioustolerance.com for part of this post
Quote Reply
Wiccans, witches and occultists are NOT satan worshippers. Christians, we must learn to address individuals and their belief systems with respect. Okay, I know that Christians believe that anyone who doesn't worship the God, and I do, of Christianity in essence worships the devil;satan. However, in understanding the belief system of wiccans or luciferians it is very important to have understanding of the individual beliefs. Wiccans do not worship or even believe in satan. I was a satanist and did not believe in a devil, until I ventured into it a bit deeper and 'discovered' the demonic realm. This led me to worship of a very real devil;satan. If you would have approached me and said that I was worshipping the devil when I was a LaVeyan Satanist, I would have looked at you and all would have been confirmed that Christians are ignorant. And, that is how Wiccans, Witches, Occultists, Satanists and others view Christian because we do not take the time to understand individual beliefs sysytems. We usually blurt out "Oh, They're all devil worshippers." Please, let's learn to have understaning............
Quote Reply
I want to point out something on this thread. I know how easy it is to become fascinated with demonic. There are thousands of web sites that contain tons of info on the subject. We need to keep in mind that Satan can use an opening that we allow to deceive us. Use caution in studying the occult, or any of the demonic religions. Carefully guard your mind and what you put into it. Once it is there you can never remove it.

Grace and Peace to You!

Matt
Quote Reply
you're right, thanx alot. it is easy to get caught up in this, but also dangerous, cause satan only needs a little opening.
Quote Reply
hmm not to burst ure bubble btu witches, wiccans and wizards all worship the devil..who do u think gives them their powers..they work hand in hand with demons..there is nothing to understand dont be fooled, the world makes witches look good but nope they aint all of them are devil worshippers...

if u are a satanist then u do believ in devil whether u are consicious of it or not,, once u accept satanism as ure religion u have accepted satan into ure life..

and devil, lucifer, satan are all the same names.

Quote Reply
very tru
Quote Reply
Satanism was created by the Roman Catholic Church to rid the people of their pagan beliefs and practices. Before that time, the church denied the influence of Satan in the earthly realm.

Ignoring the practice of magic in pagan healing and other rites did not eliminate it, so the church worked hard to prove that ALL magic on earth came from Satan, and created the religion of Satanism as the opposite of christianity, or at least, Roman Catholicism.

Now, all magic was suspect. Neither was "God" to work magic on earth. The earth was Satan's and any...ANY magic, charms, healing, rites or rituals were of the devil. Thus, began the era of the Witch Hunts..1450 - 1750 C.E.

The church is still creating Satanism in order to scare its followers.

Jeanne
Quote Reply
You'll find a very good run down of what luciferianism is - and probably just as importantly - what it is not - at....

http://exwitchaustralia.c[...]SM.html

There are several other entries in the Glossary there that may be of assistance...

Yours in Christ

Jean-Luc
Quote Reply
"hmm not to burst ure bubble btu witches, wiccans and wizards all worship the devil..who do u think gives them their powers..they work hand in hand with demons..there is nothing to understand dont be fooled, the world makes witches look good but nope they aint all of them are devil worshippers... "

*Shakes head in disbelief*

do you all really believe this?

The definition of worship (according to dictionary.com) is: The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.

How can one worship a deity that they believe does not exist?

As for this where do you think they get thier power buisness, you watch to much TV. There is a difference between power and knowledge.

Does your doctor have special "powers" because he knows what to give you that will heal you? No? why then is it implied that I would be enlisting the service of imps to glean the knowledge of what herbs are good for what ails the body?

Does your shrink have special "power" because they know how to help you solve you problems? what not him either? lucky me you would have the world believe that apparently all I have to is snap my fingers and little demon will whisper in my ear.

Does the weatherman consort with the devil to foretell the weather? Then why when I look at someones hand and tell them that they have a lot of really good ideas but lack the motivation to do anything about them and they have anger problems and I all of the sudden accused of worshipping the devil so he can tell me secrets about others?

Typical ignorant propaganda. You don't understand it so you fear it.
Quote Reply
You know I am not really imformant on these subjects.But I am a christian and I think people should be really careful at what they are wanting to know about satan.It can be very very dangerous.Please make sure you know what your getting into.Gbu
Quote Reply
2jo 1:4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

2jo 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

2jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2jo 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2jo 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

2jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

2jo 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

2jo 1:12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

2jo 1:13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Quote Reply
That wasn't the question, Jeanne, who created Satanism. And I'm sure, while the history is quite facinating, it isn't going to save that *friends* life if she's danger. I think that continuing to focus soley on your agenda of discrediting the religious, does people who are searching for help a diservice. Perhaps if you had something positive to offer in the way of actually helping someone like you claim you do, that might be a different story. But I'm sure if this *friend* were to go to these people whom are threatening her, explaining that it was the Roman Catholic church's fault, I'm sure they'll let her out of their coven, or whatever...

With love in Christ,

Ellen
Quote Reply
Just to reply to the previous post, I wonder if this person is a believer of Jesus Christ, the Messiah?

Whenever we encounter *things* of the supernatural, humans want to explain it in some form that softens the true fact: we are living in a world that has physical and natural realms. God is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and Truth. There are two areas.

There is a supernatural, and what bothers me, **shakes head** is that many *Christians* don't believe in supernatural existences. We must not be fooled.

2Tim. 3:5,6,7 - Having the form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts. Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

As a believer of Christ, I don't believe that an imp or elf chose medicine off an herb and that is where doctor's received knowledge. Ridiculous. I believe the Lord provided knowledge. I believe He can heal. This person said *Typical ignorant propaganda?* Oh, please!

Maybe you don't really know what is out there and you are talking of what you DON'T know of. Maybe you haven't ever seen someone go through a deliverance of demonic activity and see what the demon does to that person. Maybe you don't hear that the way the demon entered in was through hypnosis, ouija board, tarot card, psychic hotline, just to name a few. Maybe you didn't see the power of God set these people free in the Name of Jesus. Maybe you didn't hear the Lord tell the devil to *get thee behind me, you are an offence to me*. Maybe you didn't know that to not walk after the things of Christ is to walk after things of the flesh. Flesh is enmity against God.

Anything that takes the place of God, is an idol. Could be money, personal things, anything that takes up more of your *worship* is considered not of God, and used by the enemy, the devil. Because satan's time is short. He has a limited amount of time to deceive this world and he uses a multitude of ways. We as believer of Christ must be in discernment and endued with (shall I say it? yes, ) POWER!

Do not be deceived, satan would want you to believe that he isn't doing anything. That he is just a loser going on his own way, but don't be fooled. He is a thief, and a liar! He is seeking whom he can destroy.

No, I don't fear it. I fear God. He is the one who has the power over life and death. The things of this world will pass away, but He is everlasting.

As for quoting Nietzsche, didn't he lose his mind? And didn't he become famous for the line *God is dead*? And wasn't he an atheist? Hmmmmm, I'm sure there are better role models out there.
Quote Reply
Hallo,

I would suggest to Ms Neek that this is a thread for debating occult matters. You begin your contribuition with a disparaging remark that other people here may not even share your belief in the Messiah. Then finish it with the smallminded comment that reveals that you think that unless you agree with everything someone has to say then nothing they say can be of any worth. Surely you do not expect anyone to appreciate these insults?

Alex
Quote Reply
I'd like to point out that the original poster asked about "Luciferianism" NOT "Satanism" as such...

I have a *friend* who was once Luciferian. I would like to know if there is anyone who could help me with any information on the subject.

There are similarities but there are also some important differences between the two...

Luciferianism, like Satanism itself, has a multitude of forms; primarily being of a Traditionalist slant, and Modernist slant.

Traditional Luciferianism believes in an actual entity or force which is called Lucifer... the mythos varies considerably, as with Traditional Satanism. Some consider Lucifer to be the Christian fallen angel; others, to be an elder God who pre-dates Christianity, etc. Generally the difference between Traditional Satanism and Traditional Luciferianism is one of semantics and character-emphasis: that is, Traditional Satanism tends to focus on the nature of Satan, including characteristics which are "pre-packaged" with the name, such as the connotations of darkness, of "evil," and of anti-Christianity; whilst Traditional Luciferianism focuses on Lucifer, and the characteristics of knowledge, light, and "betterment" which come semantically bound with the name. This is not, of course, the only interpretation of "Lucifer." Noteably, the Children of the Black Rose seem to believe that Lucifer is the All of the universe, neither male nor female, neither good nor evil, everything and nothing all together.

Traditional Luciferian groups seem to be few and far between. The Church Lucifer (or Children of the Black Rose) seem to be a well-established and organized group, who claim a generational form of Satanism leading back several thousand years - though few outside the group give credance to that particular claim. They are allied with the First Church of Satan, which is also a Traditional Satanism organization.

Modern Luciferianism, like the Symbolist stance of Modern Satanism takes a stance that Lucifer is depicted as a mythic figure or symbol which represents admirable qualities or characteristics. Primary among these characteristics are knowledge, independance, pride, and mastery of self. Lucifer is seen as the Lightbearer; the bringer of knowledge and truth. As a being of both fire (light) and air (wisdom), he is characterized by sunlight, wind, and fire. However, in acknowledgement of the dual nature of widom/knowledge, and the fact that it can be used for both "good" and "ill," he is also represented, to a lesser degree, by the traditional "darkness" associated with Satanism. These qualities are viewed not only as admirable, but as highly desireable to achieve in one's life. In effect, one wishes to "become Lucifer."

This does not, however, entail worshipping the figure or doing obscure demonologic rituals to empower oneself. It is more accurately described as a conscious effort of constant self-improvement through learning and effort. Small steps of self-betterment, as visible through an increase in material or emotional well-being: a promotion, a car, a new lover, a steady relationship, etc. Magick may or may not be used towards these ends; usually it is lesser magick (wish-magick) which is employed.

It should be noted that, although it is true that most see Luciferianism as a "denomination" of Satanism, there are some who see the two as distinct religious pathways and even many Traditional Luciferians are adamantly opposed to Satanism, and strongly dislike the implication that Luciferianism and Satanism are one and the same.

It should also be noted by all, that neither Luciferianism nor Satanism is, in any way, a part of or allied to, Wicca and/or other forms of Neo-Pagan Witchcraft and should, properly, be seen as seperate 'entities' or seperate 'systems of belief' entirely.

Hope this info is of interest/assistance...
Quote Reply

As long as you remember that all this church of lucifer etc is all internet based.

Tis easy to hide behind a persona of darkness than to project yourself out into the real world.

Dv
Quote Reply
hmm not to burst ure bubble btu witches, wiccans and wizards all worship the devil..who do u think gives them their powers..they work hand in hand with demons..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but you simply are mistaken.

First of all, worship is a concious act. It is patently impossible to worship a being you do not believe exists. Witches do not believe in Satan, therefore we simply cannot worship him. Period.

Secondly, who you believe gives us power is just that... your belief. If you have somne objective evidence to support your belief, then you might have a leg to stand on, but you do not.

Thirdly, we do not work hand in hand with demons, for the same reason as the first... we don't believe in them.

Now if you have anything in the form of evidence to support your suppositions them please present it. If not, then you are entitled to your beliefs. But your beliefs about what we believe is simply not authoritative when compared to what we actually do believe.
Quote Reply
they may tell you you that they don't worship satan directly but that doesnt mean they don' i invite you to read my blog:http://www.praize.com/cgi[...]ay_2006

Quote Reply
those people that you so loving call "sick" are not sick they are just misinformed email me your reasons if you think it'll help
Quote Reply
those people that you so loving call "sick" are not sick they are just misinformed email me your reasons if you think it'll help and I'll give you what I have.
Quote Reply
they may tell you you that they don't worship satan directly but that doesnt mean they don'

Actually that's exactly what it does mean. You cannot worship something unless you intend to worship it... period.