The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Mormonism Debate 2

Quote Reply
Mormonism Debate 2
This is a continuation of the first Mormonism Debate. I have copied the last post by jesswwjd1 so that the flow will continue:

THe more basic beliefs are the baptism for the dead people. They baptize the first time for themselves. But they also do it several time for those who didn't baptized when they were alive. In other words they think that when they get baptized they are saving a life.

Married woman use an undergarment believing that it will keep them away from adultery.

They also believe in poligamy. ( the only reason they don't practice it is because is against the law)

They believe a priest has the power to decide and stablish wheter you are saved or not. So if after your death he writes down you went to hell because of blah blah... supposedly it's so. He has the power to tie and untie anything in heaven or earth in the name of Joseph Smith.

Also in order to become a bishop you first have got to go through a process. Of course you have to be a good mormon and do whatever the religion beliefs in. But after that there is a day when you have to go with your wife and go through some steps of "purification and confirmation" before they choose you. First you and your wife get into 2 different rooms where some people will wash your outer body. So they'll say kind of a prayer(something like I wash your mouth so you speak truth, and wash your intimate parts so you don't adulter, I wash your hands so you do good with them...and so on...all in the name of JS)

Then they are ready for the soul purification....they put white clothes on and make some statements and promeses.... then they'll see a play of the garden of eden and adam and eve(who's people that's actually naked and everything) then they go into another room where there are curtains(translucid white ones) and behind them people yelling, screaming and preaching different doctrines, who are supposedly people from other religions, and it represents that they might get opressed and persecuted by other religions but they don't have to listen to them. this people will try to get them but they have to scape. It's a whole drama as to stay away from other religions.

Them evil comes and temptaits them with a lot of things and they have to stay away from it.

If they pass all the stages and still decide to make the decition of being a bishop they get to go to a conference that's hours long!!!

there are a lot of things to say...so if you are interested email me...

God bless you

jessica

Quote Reply
Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
Hey Kathmrc here a former Mormon, well 2 Mormon missionaries were in my apt. complex parking lot you can spot them pretty easily they wear white shirts and dress pants or suits and wear black badges. My friend's son is currently a missionary in Sao Paulo, Brazil and a retired couple I know is applying to become missionaries.

The 2 missionaries I met knew my name and gave me a Book of Mormon and I said they could come by. My reason for them coming by is so I can witness to them. They always travel in groups of 2. I went through a cerimony in the Mormon temple which is called Endowments you make vows between you and God and are anointed and washed and receive a name you are only to reveal when you go to heaven. You have to wear this long underwear called Temple Garments, all the time, the only reasons you can take them off is for sex, swimming and exercising, washing them and bathing. The temples are decorated in all white and you can tell they spend a lot of money on them. They are lovely inside, especially the Celelstial room which you enter at the end of the cerimony. They have these huge chandeliers which look like they cost a lot of money to make. Except for a green apron, you have to wear all white inside the temple and the women wear veils and the men wear caps. They believe marriage is for eternity and dead couples and their families can be married by a relative or a member of the church by standing in for them. But before that they have to be baptised and endowed the dead people and you stand in as a substitute for the dead person. I can tell you more at a later date.

I
Quote Reply
Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
Hey this is Kathmrc again well the Mormon missionaries were back at my apt. complex earlier in the week. They said hello to me and then kept walking and soon were gone. I found out some friends of mine who are a retired couple are going on a mission to Laos to teach English there.

He is a former Economics professor at the college I attend and she used to teach elementary school. They will be staying in a nice hotel and will be there for 1 1/2 years. The Mormon missionaries who said they would come to my apt. never did and I think they are both no longer in the area.
Quote Reply
Re: Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
Hi Kat

I was wondering how can you really Jog a missionary they are so well trained any suggestion?

As well how did you come out of Mormonism?

I am involved in counter cult ministry and always looking for good information.

http://www.macgregorministries.org
Quote Reply
Hi Kathmrc,

I too am an ex-mormon, Praise God that he opened up our hearts to the truth! I am new to the boards, and was just looking around and found this disscusion. How long have you been a christian? I have been saved for about 2 1/2 years now!

I was wondering did you ever have your names removed from the books of the mormon church? I just wrote my exit letter. Also, do your old mormon friends treat you different? Several of mine do. Anyway, it is great to find another exmormon.

God Bless

Quote Reply
wait this joseph smith is a HUMAN BEING right so how intha world would he be able to have power over wat is bound in heaven and wat is bound on eart vice-versa for untie

if that was so then all humans can do that under our name..and a priest cannot determine where ur esoul goes to...doe she even where his own soul goes to??????

There is only one Jesus cause God is a trinity not quadruple...and how come he only appeard to "Joseph smith and sum ppl..cause if that was so other ppl round the world..top ministers children of God would also have been visited..so there is no 2nd Christ.

ok wat i dont get is HOW DO THEY KNOW THAT THERE ARE THREE LEVELS IN HEAVEN..HAS THE PRIEST OR SMITH GONE FOR A VISIT....???

AND WE KNOW EVEN THE DEVIL KNOWS NOONE CAN ENTER THA KINGDOM OF GOD EXCEPT THROUGH JESUS CHRIST...

WOW..REMINDS ME OF CELESTIAL PPL. BACK HOME

NO OFFENCE N=BUT THE MORMONS RELIGION IS SUMTHING DEMONIC..

HARD TO XPLAIN BUT I CAN FEEL IT...

A GOT A QUESTION WHEN A STRONG MAN OF GOD.APPROACHES THEM DO THEY ATUOMATICALLY WALK AWAY OR BECOME AGGRESIVE..OR DO HTEY IN FACT GO TO THIS STRONG MEN OF GOD'S HOMES OR ONLY NEW BELIVERS STILL YOUNG IN FAITH..HMMMMM
Quote Reply
I got out of Mormonism because at the University I attend some Christians I overheard their Bible study and I went to them and began asking questions and they invited me to their church. I went and said the sinner's prayer w/the Pastor back in May 2002. I had been saved in the Charismatic movement in Aug. 1979 so it wasen't entirely unfamiliar to me. I was in a Calvary Chapel and then joined a Full Gospel church and became a member in July or Aug 2002 and was officially no longer a member of the Mormon church in Jan. 2003, I had to write a letter to my Bishop (like a Pastor) saying I wanted my name taken off the rolls of the Mormon church and it took 6-7 months and they sent missionaries to try and talk me out of it. I told them no and I haven't seen a missionary from the Mormon church in a long time probably about 1 year. My friends who went on a mission to the country of Laos they have returned home and his wife lost 20 pounds while there and they had to wash their vegetables in bleach water. A friend of mine her husband is now the Bishop of the Ward (like a congregation) I once belonged to and I tried to argue certain points w/a good freind of mine who used to give me rides to school. She is too knowlegable in the church for me to have any chance of getting her out of her cult. And she doesen't believe she belongs to a cult either. Two of her kids attend BYU and one was married in a Mormon temple.
Quote Reply
Re: [kathmrc] Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
Hello

Nice post. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by:

jamesbond98: Nov 28, 2018, 12:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jamesbond98] Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
MAY I ASK WHAT THE PURPOSE IN THIS DEBATE IS?

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Nov 28, 2018, 3:51 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
I'm not sure it has to have a purpose, but it is always interesting to me to learn about other people and what they believe.
I know you think the end is near and would rather be talking about that, but it is okay. They are still glorifying Jesus.
If nothing else, it will give you new people to pray for!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Mormonism Debate 2 In reply to
MAY I ASK WHAT THE PURPOSE IN THIS DEBATE IS?

To get a link to the posters website? There seems no other attempt to communicate anything new in an otherwise long dead thread.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.