The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Question About Mormon Doctrine for a Mor

Quote Reply
Question About Mormon Doctrine for a Mor
Question About Mormon Doctrine for a Mormon

Hi, I was reading through your D&C, Mormon Bible, and different books that are said to be from God, tranlated by Joseph Smith. I found some very different statements about God...

Smith said clearly that there is only one God in the book of Mormon (2 Nephi 31:21; Mosiah 15:4-5; Alma 11:26-29,44)

But Smith said that there was an unspicifed number of gods in his Doctrine & Convents. (Doctrine & Covenants 76:58; 121:28,32; 132:17,20,37) and "Gods" in the Book of Abraham. (Book of Abraham chapters 4-5)

But then Smith said in "Lectures of Faith" that God is a personage of the spirit. (Lecture 5)

But then he (Smith) taught that God has body of flesh and bones in Doctrine and Covenants 130:22

But to the contray to all this Smith taught in Doctrines and Covenants 132 that we could become gods ourselfs.

This was all written by the same person. May a Mormon explain all these totally different views to me please, and explain one reason why I should believe in Joseph Smith. If he said that there was only one God, then whats with us becoming God and all the other stuff I showed you.
Quote Reply
Question About Mormon Doctrine for a Mor In reply to
Check out the MRM Site for lots of information on Mormons

http://www.mrm.org/[/URL]
Quote Reply
Re: Question About Mormon Doctrine for a Mor In reply to
If you want info on The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints, you can visit http://www.LDS.org That's the official website. May you have many smiles in your life and may God Bless You!
Quote Reply
these scriptures that u quoted r understood by the LDS as true statements but you must understand Mormon doctrine,and what the godhead consist of, to understand these scriptures

Through modern day revelation and Joseph's Smith's first vision we know that god the father and his son Jesus Christ both have bodies,these bodies are quickened by the Spirt,not blood .the third member of the trinity, the holy ghost is a god being in form of a man but having a body of spirit. so basic mormon doctrine is this . the godhead is comprised of three gods in body and united as one god in Purpose

By the above anyone can see how god can be refered to as a spirit As his body is quickened by the spirit

by the way Joseph Smith did not write the book on Mormon but rather translated these holy scriptures as you said and might also be of interest to you to know we do not accept anything but the Bible ,book of Mormon ,pearl of great price as canonized scripture and the only place doctrine comes from ,so the teachings of Joseph Smith makes good reading but not accepted as doctrine

Quote Reply
well byu, first and foremost u have to realize something about the Holy Bible, the only true Word of God. until Jesus was carnated (birthed through mary) God was nothing but spirit, and to see that mormonism did keep a variation of the trinity did suprise me, but in reality the trinity is this: God is 3 persons, but with one will, this can be observed as well in pauls calling for the early church to be one (in one accord or in agreement). also the teaching of the terrestrial, telestial and celestial is also in direct contradiction with the bible which speaks of the flesh (terrestrial) and spirit (celestial) and no sign of anything in the books of inspiration about the telestial.

may u be awakened to the truthand will of Almighty God

neal
Quote Reply

"and might also be of interest to you to know we do not accept anything but the Bible ,book of Mormon ,pearl of great price as canonized scripture and the only place doctrine comes from ,so the teachings of Joseph Smith makes good reading but not accepted as doctrine"

BYUfan, how could you forget the Doctrine & Covenants? Have you neglected your reading of that book?

Why don't you believe the teachings of Joseph Smith? Or do you believe them even if they aren't official doctrine?

Quote Reply
First of all, Joseph Smith was visited by an "Angel of Light", was he not? The Bible says "Even satan masquerades as an 'angel of light.' 2 Corninthians 11:14

So, one has to think that some guy in the 19th Century hears the voice of an "angel of light", writes some scriptures down supposedly from some golden tablets that were "revealed" to him and translated so that people could be brainwashed into thinking that they could become gods of their own kingdoms, with many wives, and hundreds, even thousands of children, for eternity in one of three divisions of heaven, based on how "good" they were while they were on earth? Oh, come on! LOL

The Bible specifically states that there will BE "NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME" in Exodus 17, when God wrote the 10 Commandments. You can't get into heaven just by "doing good things" or "good works" here on the earth. They have to realize that Salvation is having a "personal relationship" with Jesus, by asking Him into their lives and repent of their sins, and ask Him to forgive them, believing He will, in faith.

It's a FREE GIFT, for the asking. All one has to do is just ask for it, and it's theirs. Salvation doesn't come from "Earning" your way into heaven. These people are sadly mislead and need to have the truth revealed to them so that they can open their eyes and see the deceit they've been taught all their lives.

This is basically what I've been telling the Missionaries that have visited me at the various locations I've lived throughout my city, and they either come around for more information from me, or they just quit coming around entirely. LOL

Some great sites that both teach about Mormonism, it's deceit, and give ways you can leave the church if you need/want to, are:

http://www.mazeministry.com

And their "Sister" site:

http://www.yrulds.com

View the "Mormon DNA" video, streaming

on the internet for free, here:

http://www.mormonchallenge.com

Click on "View Video", and it takes about

30 minutes to watch it all and you will

need RealOne player to view it.

I love my Mormon friends, and I keep praying for them daily.

That God will show them the way when they have the open mind,

and open heart that they need to have to hear His voice.

Hope this all helped.

Blessings in Him,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Question About Mormon Doctrine for a In reply to
God first

Beloved countercult

God bless your heart

I am not a Mormon but I like to try and answer your questions

you ask

--------------------------------------------------------------

Smith said clearly that there is only one God in the book of Mormon (2 Nephi 31:21; Mosiah 15:4-5; Alma 11:26-29,44)

------------------------------------------------------------

yes there only one God but its not Smith saying it but God

next

-----------------------------------------------------------

But Smith said that there was an unspicifed number of gods in his Doctrine & Convents. (Doctrine & Covenants 76:58; 121:28,32; 132:17,20,37) and "Gods" in the Book of Abraham. (Book of Abraham chapters 4-5)

I am not sure that the Mormons understand it but I think I do So here it goes both the Bible and the Mormon talk about God being more than one

One of these others seems to be the spirit of Jesus Christ but what we have is spiritual parts of God and its like our body which has many parts

You see its part of us that makes kids just like its part of God that made Christ

Now since God made all things and he is every where he is all so every thing

So all things came from God and are part of God Its just him talking to the things he created past tense and things he will make from his self

Hope this helps

next

But then Smith said in "Lectures of Faith" that God is a personage of the spirit. (Lecture 5)

I have not read Lecture but I do know God is Spirit

next

But then he (Smith) taught that God has body of flesh and bones in Doctrine and Covenants 130:22

---------------------------------------------------------

About Covenants I do not know have not read that one either

But God has not body of flesh and bones but us Because all things natural were God and are still part of God

Next

--------------------------------------------------------

But to the contray to all this Smith taught in Doctrines and Covenants 132 that we could become gods ourselfs.

------------------------------------------------------

Yes we will become like the most high God when we are changed at the return of Christ Like Christ said its not wrong to be like God and that all we will become

I hope I help some

with love and an holy kiss blowing your way Roy