The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

The Way International

Quote Reply
The Way International
Has anyone heard of The Way International? I've heard that they are one of the more popular cults. Please enlighten me on their beliefs etc.
Quote Reply
Re: [godschild247] The Way International In reply to
The Way International is an Ohio-based Bible ministry often called a cult, a label it has done everything in its power to deserve.
It was founded in 1942 by Victor Paul Wierwille, a minister who claimed God had promised him an understanding of the Bible lost since the first century. By the 1980s, The Way was one the largest cults in America, with tens of thousands of members. Wierwille was accused of brainwashing his often fanatical followers, and he courted national controversy by making weapons training part of the elite Way Corps program. He also used female followers for his sexual pleasure, and condoned a culture of adultery that permeated the ministry.

This the intro to a book by an ex- member of The Way International
Pray for anyone involved but stay away - stay very far away!

Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop] The Way International In reply to
WOW........that's amazing.....ly perverse. lol I know a few people (20-year old guy and an 18 year old girl) that are part of The Way International and are even going on a 5-6 month mission trip somewhere as part of the church. They insist that Jesus was just a man (albeit a wise one whom God spoke through aka prophet) and that the Trinity is nil. They also say that the modern day translations of the Bible (including the King James) are unreliable, therefore, one must go back to the original Greek manuscripts and translate directly from there. However, I'm confused as to what Greek manuscripts they use, for I have heard that some are unreliable. Also, they themselves use a website to translate the Greek text for them. I have heard about the brainwashing techniques that they use in the name of God's will but have not confronted my acquaintances with my knowledge. I however have not heard about the sexual perversity that the founder practiced. Are the members of the Way International encouraged to participate in sexual perversity as well?