The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Alcoholics Anonymous

Quote Reply
Alcoholics Anonymous
Claims to be based on 1st century Christianity yet both its founders were heavily involved in the occult.
Quote Reply
Re: Alcoholics Anonymous In reply to
It is always best to go to the source. Here is a link to their website. http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org

On a personal note, I got saved in a church that started from an AA meeting, became a Bible Study and then developed into a church. I'm not the only Christian that started in AA.

Quote Reply
xxxxxxx somebody actually thinks Al-Anon is a cult... wow... that gave me a good laugh...

Tobi, glad you like in2jesus' churches 'lie' - "sharing where the origins of your church lie."

anyways, see, Tobi, you just proved my point in a way... Christianity has no free will, xxxxxxx, I like to know I did something b/c I wanted to, not b/c some xxxxxxx up in the sky who shows his face less than the Japanese Emperors decided for me to do it.

URL Edited by PraizeOP4. Rule #14. Please see http://www.praize.com/forums/TOS/ for more details.

Quote Reply
I got sober in AA over 32 years ago & I was fully involved for first 6 or 7 years until I became born again after which I got involved with other things but I always kept in touch, going to occasional meetings, not to keep sober but to be a light & be available to witness my faith should God lead me to.However over past couple of years, due to personal illness, I have had the time & I have been going again on a regular basis until recently when I have felt led to come out. There are a number of reasons, which i won't go into detail but the occult background can be checked out by doing a google search, a recent AA book tells about Bill Wilson's home, which has been made into a shrine,the higher power concept is impossible to tolerate for a christian, there is an acceptance of loose morals ( eg.changing partners etc. ) anything seems OK as long as you don't pick up a drink. I am grateful to AA as it was the means that I got sober but I have found very few seem to grow to a Christian faith from there & that most that do seem to eventually come out.I have now seperated though I still maintain friendships with some members.

Paul