The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

3 "cults": the three stooges of satan---

Quote Reply
3 "cults": the three stooges of satan---
Three "cults"!!! [Facts to the rescue!]: The Mormons are more a business than a religion & in their beginning didn't even believe that the Holy Spirit was God....one of the egyptian hieroglyph documents that Joseph Smith "translated from God" (he claimed), before the Rosetta Stone unearthed the "lost language" of the egyptians, turned out to be embalming techniques...."the egyptian book of the dead". The catholic-vatican group trusts their own "works" ["walking by sight"] rather than Christ's completed work on the Cross ("by faith, thru grace"...UNmerited favor, invisibly accepted)....Martin Luther, (who would NOT have wanted a religion named after him), left the vatican group because he discovered in scripture that salvation was by "Faith alone" [Hebrews 11:1 & Romans 10:9=John 1:1] ! The best and ONLY thing you should say to a Jehovah's Witness is: "don't you know, Jesus Christ IS Jehovah !! [They think that He is only a "god", not the 'Maker of All Things'.....which He happens to be. Jesus is the same God that talked to Moses! [See: GOOD NEWS BIBLE, about the only translation that gets this right, where John 8:24 b=Exodus 3:14...the proper name, "I AM THAT (WHO) I AM"]>>> 3 "cults" and 3 "dead end" roads ! My best to you! The Keeper of the Flame
Quote Reply
Re: 3 In reply to
Yes, they are cults. And so are Baptists, and Episcopalians, and Jews, and Hindus, and Lutherans, and pretty much all religion.

Lets see if we know what we're talking about?

Cult-

1 : formal religious veneration

This is basically all religion. If you can find one without worship, I'd be interested to see it.

2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents

See above note.

3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents

My goodness, you may be getting somewhere with the mormons and JW's here. But this is a matter of perspective. Anything not catholic is "unorthodox" right? So basically all your protestants. Good going.

4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

Not seen any of the three claim to be able to cure you of any ailments. Nope, sorry. Try again.

5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Christians clearly have "a" down. We follow the bible and worship Christ who only we recognize as having a divine (godly) nature. Small? Well, once you take out the "unchristian" catholics and the mormons and the JWs you're only looking at about 15% of the worlds population. Mayhap you are the one in this awful thing called a cult.

Quote Reply
Basically every religion that isnt christian is a cult to most christians i have pagan friends and i like them i dont know wether there from the occult but i just accept them for who they are. I dont really know what the occult is though
Quote Reply
Hi here is a good christian site that can explain better than i can http://cana.userworld.com/cana_contents.html check it out.

Basically the Occult is worshipping satan and evil.

Greg.
Quote Reply
Howdy....dont you think that every Organized religion is eventually turned into a CULT?

Look at any and i mean any organization that promotes a spiritual doctrine,and you will find over its history many changes and additions to their origonal doctrine that first set them apart.There is no other form of worship than cultism...

One mans cult is anothers religion.

I think the more one crys cult against anothers belief,the greater the chances that person himself is cultified by his own convictions....my suggestion to you is quit crying about others belief and get to work on your own salvation with fear and trmbling because you are guilty of exactly what the Son of God has preached against_may God bless and comfort you in your own life,and the Spirit of Truth lead you home.
Quote Reply
Re: 3 "cults": the three stooges of satan--- In reply to
I have been thumb around today, and I saw this posting. There is some “misunderstand” on what Catholics believe re: Salvation. So I want to give this post, so that you can see for yourself what the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church) teaches. This is what the Catholic Church Teaches.

First some quotes from the CCC (Catechism of the Catholic Church). The numbers given are the paragraph numbers in the CCC.

CCC 161: Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that salvation. “Since ‘without faith it is impossible to please God’ and to attain to the fellowship of his sons, therefore without faith no one has ever attained justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life ‘but he who endures to the end.’”

CCC 169: Salvation comes from God alone; but because we receive the life of faith THROUGH THE CHURCH, she is our mother: “We believe the Church as the mother of our new birth, and NOT IN THE CHURCH as if she were the author of our salvation”. Because she is our mother, she is also our teacher in faith.

So the Church and the CCC has made it clear that salvation is from God and God Alone. That salvation is not found IN the church but THROUGH the church. Meaning that the church is our guide, our teacher. The church teaches us how to live; in the way the Christ wanted us to live. This idea of teacher is biblical, because Christ told his Apostles to go out and teach, to make disciples of all men.

Furthermore, Just because salvation comes from God alone, it does not mean that we will automatically enter Heaven. God gave us free will. This is because He loves us. This free will means that NO ONE will be in heaven if they do not want to be there.

God knows what we want by what is written on our hearts.

WHO WE SAY WE ARE DOES NOT MATTER. IT IS WHAT WE DO AND WHAT IS ON OUR HEARTS THAT MATTER.

THEREFORE SAY THAT YOU BELIEVE IS NOT ENOUGH. THEREFORE SAYING YOU ARE CHRISTIAN IS NOT ENOUGH. FINIALLY SAYING THAT YOU ARE CATHOLIC IS NOT ENOUGH.

The Bible says:

Romans 2:6 who will repay everyone according to his works: eternal life to those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works

James 2: 12-13 So speak and so act as people who will be judged by the laws of freedom. For the judgment is merciless to one who has not shown mercy, mercy triumphs over judgment.

Mathew 18:23-32 (The parable of the unforgiving servant)

Mathew 7: 21 Not everyone who says to me “Lord, Lord” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the ones who does the will of my Father in heaven

Revelation 20:12 I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scrolled opened, the book of life. The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls.

And finally, the separation of the sheep and goats Mathew 25:31-46

All of these verses say that you are judge by what you do, by your deeds, by your works. This is how God is going to know what is written on your heart.

Now I know that there is an equal number of verses that say you need faith.

HOWEVER I, ALSO, KNOW THAT NOT ONE SINGLE VERSE SAIDS THAT WE ARE JUSTIFIED OR SAVED BY FAITH ALONE. The ONLY verse in the bible, that has the words, save/justified, faith and alone in it said this: James 2:24 See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

James Chapter 2, talks about faith and works; the chapter ends with verse 26 and it states “For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead.”

Now what does this all mean?

What is the relationship of faith, deeds, and salvation?

This article explains it the best. This is what the Catholic Church teaches:

Article: Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth: Below is just the section of the article that deals with salvation. If you want to read the whole article click on this Link: http://www.catholic.com/l[...]lar.asp

Best of all, the promise of eternal life is a gift, freely offered to us by God (CCC 1727). Our initial forgiveness and justification are not things we "earn" (CCC 2010). Jesus is the mediator who bridged the gap of sin that separates us from God (1 Tim. 2:5); he bridged it by dying for us. He has chosen to make us partners in the plan of salvation (1 Cor. 3:9).

The Catholic Church teaches what the apostles taught and what the Bible teaches: We are saved by grace alone, but not by faith alone (which is what "Bible Christians" teach; see Jas. 2:24).

When we come to God and are justified (that is, enter a right relationship with God), nothing preceding justification, whether faith or good works, earns grace. But then God plants his love in our hearts, and we should live out our faith by doing acts of love (Gal. 6:2).

Even though only God’s grace enables us to love others, these acts of love please him, and he promises to reward them with eternal life (Rom. 2:6–7, Gal. 6:6–10). Thus good works are meritorious. When we first come to God in faith, we have nothing in our hands to offer him. Then he gives us grace to obey his commandments in love, and he rewards us with salvation when we offer these acts of love back to him (Rom. 2:6–11, Gal. 6:6–10, Matt. 25:34–40).

Jesus said it is not enough to have faith in him; we also must obey his commandments. "Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ but do not do the things I command?" (Luke 6:46, Matt. 7:21–23, 19:16–21).

We do not "earn" our salvation through good works (Eph. 2:8–9, Rom. 9:16), but our faith in Christ puts us in a special grace-filled relationship with God so that our obedience and love, combined with our faith, will be rewarded with eternal life (Rom. 2:7, Gal. 6:8–9).

Paul said, "God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work" (Phil. 2:13). John explained that "the way we may be sure that we know him is to keep his commandments. Whoever says, ‘I know him,’ but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:3–4, 3:19–24, 5:3–4).

Since no gift can be forced on the recipient—gifts always can be rejected—even after we become justified, we can throw away the gift of salvation. We throw it away through grave (mortal) sin (John 15:5–6, Rom. 11:22–23, 1 Cor. 15:1–2; CCC 1854–1863). Paul tells us, "The wages of sin is death" (Rom. 6:23).

Read his letters and see how often Paul warned Christians against sin! He would not have felt compelled to do so if their sins could not exclude them from heaven (see, for example, 1 Cor. 6:9–10, Gal. 5:19–21).

Paul reminded the Christians in Rome that God "will repay everyone according to his works: eternal life for those who seek glory, honor, and immortality through perseverance in good works, but wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness" (Rom. 2:6–8).

Sins are nothing but evil works (CCC 1849–1850). We can avoid sins by habitually performing good works. Every saint has known that the best way to keep free from sins is to embrace regular prayer, the sacraments (the Eucharist first of all), and charitable acts.

I HOPE THIS HELPS TO GIVE A TRUE INSIGHT ON WHAT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH TEACHES RE: SALVATION. Questions? Please email me…. That way I can talk to you directly. Thanks!

May God bless you and keep you in the palm of HIS hands

N. W. <mommyof02green>

Quote Reply
I hear the sincerity in what you say mommyof02green...but this still is a religious group that worships Mary above Jesus. Is this not so? Maybe I'm wrong. They pray before graven images...isn't there something about that in the Ten Commandments. They say they are not worshipping statues just honoring them( I heard) but does that justify the action. They changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and admit that they did so not based on scripture but by the power the Catholic Church holds. I am not judging, I am just stating a true fact. Again, Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we're all wrong.

the intercessor
Quote Reply
Does the RCC believe that Mary can interceed to God for the forgiveness of our sinsor not?

If so what do you make of theverse that there is only one intercessor between God and man-that is Jesus Cjrist.??

Do you not also hold that the communion wine is actually turned to His blood by the blessing of it?

Though Jesus says this do in rememberance of me but makes no mention of such....

One more that i wonder about is the Pope is Christ on earth.Is this not so that it is doctrine that He (the pope)can forgive sin,etc as Jesus could?

I am foggy admittedly on this so i merely ask??
Quote Reply
Nothing does my Pagan heart as much good as seeing how Christians lie about and hate other Christians.
Quote Reply
Thats probably because Your pagan heart is in need of a transplant.......peace out bert

Quote Reply
seanachie (Seanachie)

Nothing does my Pagan heart as much good as seeing how Christians lie about and hate other Christians.

You seem to imply that all Pagans get along fine with eachother. Are you seriously trying to tell us that there are no disagreements among Pagans?

Nothing does my christian heart as much harm as seeing how people prefer darkness to light and strife to reconciliation, then gloat over other's misfortune and blame others or God for their own.

Love Chris.
Quote Reply
Well there you go.......ask 3 stinking questions in what you think is a polie and friendly fashion,now the pagans are calling me a liar and the christians are telling me im fighting.Dont look to me like anybody is interested in discussion.Just suck you in to be curious about a denominations beliefs and the comparison with others so they can look down their noses at you.

Your the ones running down every body,why dont you stick to the discussion format if you cant say anything nice in answer to a queery?My list stands unanswered .and if you cant answer then maybe a simple i dont know would be better than calling liar liar etc.whats the problem with you?why so bitter?

I dont know where you get off telling me what i am implying.....

but for the record none of what you surmised.

I merely said a pagan heart deserves a transplant.Thinking about the verse that says be ye therefore renewed in your mind.Implying by the way the work of the Holy Spirit of God being performed in you Nothing derogatory so quit trying to find something to argue about.and address the questions i asked.

You have no idea what you are doing in the meantime.....

Quote Reply
To Acts-

Blessed Mary can interceed with us before God just as you can interceed with God by praying for your friends and family. That is essentially what she is, our fellow Christian, only she is the first Christian and the holiest creature God was ever pleased to make.

Yes- Bread and Wine are transubstantiated into the true flesh and true blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Read through John chapter 6 to know why.

Finally, Jesus gave power to all of the Apostles to forgive sins, not just the Pope. That is why Confession is one of the sacraments of the Holy Catholic Church.

Quote Reply
I hear the sincerity in what you say mommyof02green...but this still is a religious group that worships Mary above Jesus. Is this not so?

It isn't so. We believe Blessed Mary is the most holy and perfect human to have ever lived but she is still ultimately a creature. Jesus Christ is the eternal Word of God and uncreated.

They pray before graven images...isn't there something about that in the Ten Commandments. They say they are not worshipping statues just honoring them( I heard) but does that justify the action.

Such an interpretation of the Commandments would eliminate many arts from even being lawful to Christians. Statuary, painting, architecture, all involve image making. The question is whether the images are lawful. Even God has commanded the creation of images, such as Cherubim and Seraphim in the Temple.

They changed the Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday and admit that they did so not based on scripture but by the power the Catholic Church holds. I am not judging, I am just stating a true fact.

The Sabbath became the Sunday Lord's Day in Apostolic times. The change was made by the Apostles themselves and it has been observed in the Catholic Church ever since. Read Acts 20:7 "On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the morrow; and he prolonged his speech until midnight."
Quote Reply
""You seem to imply that all Pagans get along fine with eachother. Are you seriously trying to tell us that there are no disagreements among Pagans?""

There are many disagreements among Pagans. The difference is that we can have those differences without resorting to lies and slander against our brothers and sisters. We can celebrate each other despite our differences. We can talk and discuss and learn from each other... despite our differences. Not that we're perfect by any means, but we don't generally go around trashing each other on public forums on the one hand, while professing to be "transformed by the renewing of our minds" on the other.

""Nothing does my christian heart as much harm as seeing how people prefer darkness to light""

I prefer darkness and light in balance myself, but then I don't confuse descriptions of different levels of photonic activity with human morality either.

""and strife to reconciliation,""

I don't prefer it. I simply find it amusing when the examples of Godly morality slag each other with outright lies. Especially when their biggest criticism of us is our lack of morality. Rather ironic, don't you think?

""then gloat over other's misfortune""

It's not gloating over misfortune... it's laughing at hypocrisy.

""and blame others or God for their own.""

I don't really have any misfortune to blame on anyone. I do thank God for His blessings... but I'm not sure that is what you referring to.

Quote Reply
To:the keeper of the flame

Re:Facts to the Rescue?!

this definition may be of some use to you:

CULT [cult] ritual observances involved in worship of, or communication with, the supernatural or its symbolic representations. A cult includes the totality of ideas, activities, and practices associated with a given divinity or social group. It includes not only ritual activities but also the beliefs and myths centering on the rites. The objects of the cult are often things associated with the daily life of the celebrants. The English scholar Jane Harrison pointed out the importance of the cult in the development of religion. Sacred persons may have their own cults. The cult may be associated with a single person, place, or object or may have much broader associations. There may be officials entrusted with the rites, or anyone who belongs may be allowed to take part in them.

The term cult is now often used to refer to contemporary religious groups whose beliefs and practices depart from the conventional norms of society. These groups vary widely in doctrine, leadership, and ritual

As for Jesus and God they are indeed the same person, but are three parts, Father,Son,Holy spirit. see:Matt,28:19,Jn,16:13-15

God:Jehovah

Jesus:Messiah,Savior

As for the catholics being a cult?

The Catholic denomination prays to the same God(jesus as Man) that you do (I hope) they do not pray to Mary as has been thought they ask for her to help them pray(interssion) on their behalf but yes they do pray like you they just belivev as do many Christins that Angels also watch over and pray for people

But this in itself does not make them a cult!

As for the Mormans their just misguided:Mormon belief is based on the Book of Mormon, the Bible, and various revelations made to Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon, ascribed to the prophet Mormon, recounts the early history of peoples in America from c.600 BC to c.AD 420. The Aaronic priesthood (deacons, teachers, and priests), which includes every worthy male between the ages of 12 and 19, is primarily concerned with the temporal affairs of the church; that of Melchizedek (elders and high priests) is concerned with the spiritual leadership. High priests are represented in the Council of Twelve (the Apostles) and in the first presidency (the president and two counselors—three high priests vested with supreme authority). The territorial divisions of the Mormon settlements are wards and stakes. Each ward has a bishop and two counselors; five to ten wards compose a stake.

Significant characteristics of the Mormon creed include the emphasis on revelation in the establishment of doctrines and rituals, the interdependence of temporal and spiritual life, tithing, and attention to community welfare. Mormons practice baptism for the dead; they believe that the deceased soul may receive the baptism necessary for salvation by proxy of a living believer. They also believe in "celestial marriage," whereby individuals marry for all eternity. Mormons carry out a campaign of vigorous proselytizing which has, in the course of a century and a quarter, raised the church from a handful of followers to its present size.

I respectfully suggest that before you make any asumptions the you do you research

def by:http:///www.encyclopedia.com/
Quote Reply
By your definition wouldnt that make Opus dei and oter sub organizations and orders in the RCC cults?

Whats up with that mortification thing anyways?

As for Mary it says there is only one intersessor between God and Man that is Jesus Christ in the bible as plain as day....

so woship or intersession it doesnt wash biblically.

The commandment remember the sabbath and keep it Holy is still in effect none the less.....

We are to give up what causes our brothers to stumble......

Quote Reply
As for Mary it says there is only one intersessor between God and Man that is Jesus Christ in the bible as plain as day....

Have you ever prayed for another person? If so you are interceding for them.

Quote Reply
And a pagan heart you do have because you are imagining things if you think asking questions or having personal beliefs or opinions constitutes hate.

I think you may have to go to another website for that.

God's continual Love,

the intercessor - Tonia
Quote Reply
We believe Blessed Mary is the most holy and perfect human to have ever lived.

****Wow, Holy and perfect human...I thought we all fall short of the glory of God and know human was or is or ever will be perfect. Also (is) is present tense which would emply that she is still alive when she isn't.****

Even God has commanded the creation of images, such as Cherubim and Seraphim in the Temple.

****This is true but He never told us to pray to them.****

The Sabbath became the Sunday Lord's Day in Apostolic times.

****Double WOW...because a Priest at St. Catherine's says something entirely different.

"Perhaps the boldest thing, the most revolutionary change the Church ever did, happened in the first century. The holy day, the Sabbath, was changed from Saturday to Sunday. ‘The day of the Lord’ was chosen, not from any direction noted in the Scriptures, but from the (Catholic) Church's sense of its own power...People who think that the Scriptures should be the sole authority, should logically become 7th Day Adventists, and keep Saturday holy." St. Catherine Church Sentinel, Algonac, Michigan, May 21, 1995.****

God's continual Love
Quote Reply
to kjthorsen:

You say that the Catholic Church is not a cult and it has "come a long way since the 1500s" ... true ... they now say that Mary was "immaculately conceived" as was Jesus ... they now say that Mary is a "co-Redemptrix" with Jesus ... they say that salvation begins when an infant is baptised but that each person must continue to work for salvation ... up to and including spending time "doing time" after death in Purgatory. In other words, Jesus' crucifixion wasn't enough ... almost but not quite. Sounds like a cult to me.
Quote Reply
You missed the Vicar of Christ part,and what makes it so special to pray to a dead fellow christian?Do you not know that the dead are asleep?praying to another who is already passed is idolatry plain and simple in my understanding of the word..........as there is no intercessor between God and man save Jesus Christ as far as my bible takes me............I dont see the pope as a forgiver of sins either,

The catholic church has yet to show apostolic succession.Therefore the apostle thing is dicey.too.But Christs Vicar is out of orbit.No man can forgive sins in this world today.Only God can do this (jesus and the Holy Spirit included.)

I dont mean to be picky and i dont mean any disrespect.I am not perticulalrly in favour ogf any current religion because Jesus described what the church would be like and told us that we would know them by their fruits.To date i have run across nobody who heals the sick and drinks poison without ill effects or picks up serpents and doent get bit to death.And cast out demons on the side.Yet this is the church we are supposed to know by its works.There is something fishy going on and though i am not sur what it may be.I do know what the bible says about some things,and they certainly arent Kosher as they say.

We were warned about false christs and false prophets anmd false teachers.especially in the last days.

Then we get to vain repetition which we are also warned to avoid.So say ten hail Mqarys and you are forgiven my son(CALL NO MAN FATHER)the list grows with the telling.

When an ols reprobate like me can spout off this many obvious ones that are contradictory,what would a serious scholar com,e up with...The RCC is suspect and thats that.

I personally do condider sundown fri to sundown sat the sabbath.

I try to keep it Holy.The sunday of the Catholics and protestants is not the origonal sabath.We are not supposed to quibble over it i dont believe as that is covered in the words of Paul.Nor are we supposed to do that which may make our brothers stumble.even if it is no sweat to us.

I was born and raised in the Mormon Church.It was a major stumbling block for me when i found out black people could not hold the priesthood. I left.Later years later i was told it was a cult, but till i actually considered it may be true it never occured to me: perhaps an open mind is in order for all of us here.

Jesus church met outside in the courtyard of the temple and in natural amptheaters in the holy land.Their organization seems loose and their history vague.The persecution which they endured must have kept them secretive to some degree.Like an underground movement of some kind.

The church which we have today bears little resemblance to early christian meeting.no matter which you attend.

I have considered the idea that most of modern christianity is the great deception that Jesus mentioned.I believe it has great merit.The organized religious movements of today are not anything close to the early church...........

Who do you see prophesy or speak in tongues that are understood by anyone.??why o we not sell everthing we have anymore and hold all things in common?this is the way of the early church.

There are so many differences it is hardly the same gospel anymore, with all the extras thrown in over the centuries.
Quote Reply

The OP Says:

Three "cults"!!! (Facts to the rescue!): The Mormons are more a business than a religion & in their beginning didn't even believe that the Holy Spirit was God....one of the egyptian hieroglyph documents that Joseph Smith "translated from God" (he claimed), before the Rosetta Stone unearthed the "lost language" of the egyptians, turned out to be embalming techniques...."the egyptian book of the dead". The catholic-vatican group trusts their own "works" ("walking by sight") rather than Christ's completed work on the Cross ("by faith, thru grace"...UNmerited favor, invisibly accepted)....Martin Luther, (who would NOT have wanted a religion named after him), left the vatican group because he discovered in scripture that salvation was by "Faith alone" (Hebrews 11:1 & Romans 10:9=John 1:1) ! The best and ONLY thing you should say to a Jehovah's Witness is: "don't you know, Jesus Christ IS Jehovah !! (They think that He is only a "god", not the 'Maker of All Things'.....which He happens to be. Jesus is the same God that talked to Moses! (See: GOOD NEWS BIBLE, about the only translation that gets this right, where John 8:24 b=Exodus 3:14...the proper name, "I AM THAT (WHO) I AM")>>> 3 "cults" and 3 "dead end" roads ! My best to you! The Keeper of the Flame

Considering how you seem to set yourself up as the Lord Judge, I'll bet some of the people in those groups make it to heaven before you do.