The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Is Evilution Scientific?

(Page 2 of 2)

Re: [jeanne53] Is Evolution Scientific? In reply to
I AM SURPRISED JEANNE SOMETIMES AT YOUR ANSWERS; IT SEEMS AS IF THEY ARE DESIGNED TO BRING ABOUT DISCUSSION. THEIR ARE VOLUMES OF OPINIONS CONCERNING EVOLUTION AND TI BEARS NO EFFECT ON US TODAY. EVOLUTION ISN'T OF ANY VALUE SCIENTIFICALLY. IT ONLY OFFERS ALTERNATIVE THOUGHT TO WHAT TODAY CAME FROM.

IT IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO A CHRISTIAN BELIEF BECAUSE INDIVIDUALLY BELIEVERS HAVE COME CONTACT WITH SOME ASPECT OF IT THAT BROUGHT BELIEF INTO THEIR LIVES.

CAN EVOLUTION BRING HOPE INTO YOUR LIFE IN THE DESPERATE TIME OF TODAY, SURE SOME OF THE UNGODLY THINGS OF RIGHT NOW WENT ON A HUNDRED YEARS AGO, SURE THINGS GO ON IN YOUR AREA THAT SEEM TO YOU AS IF NOTHING COULD COMPARE TO IT.

MY PURPOSE IS TO DEGRADE ANYTHING ELSE BUT TO POINT OUT THAT THERE IS A TRUTH REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK THAT GOES ALONG WITH SOMETHING ELSE AND HAS BEARING ON WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW.

AS YOU SAY YOU ARE FREE TO POST AND SOME OF WHAT YOU HAVE SAID HAS HELD TREMENDOUS VALUE TO US.

SO JEANNE YOU CAN SAY WHAT YOU WANT BUT I WILL STILL EXPRESS MY THOUGHTS ABOUT JESUS.

Re: [m7thprophet] Is Evolution Scientific? In reply to
Hi Jim.

This forum is in Apologetics and is the Creation VS Evolution section of that. Your post on what is happening to the youth in Florida and how you feel the church is not reaching out to them is way off topic. I replied anyway.

It has nothing to do with evolution.

My posts on evolution are not concerning the dismal state of affairs in some areas or some families or some nations.

There are other topics in other forums to address those concerns. I was merely commiserating with you on the bad things that are happening all around because you chose to post here.

I am having trouble understanding what you are writing about in some of your posts, Jim.

What do you mean here:

<<MY PURPOSE IS TO DEGRADE ANYTHING ELSE BUT TO POINT OUT THAT THERE IS A TRUTH REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK THAT GOES ALONG WITH SOMETHING ELSE AND HAS BEARING ON WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW. >>

and here:

<<IT IS NOT AN ALTERNATIVE TO A CHRISTIAN BELIEF BECAUSE INDIVIDUALLY BELIEVERS HAVE COME CONTACT WITH SOME ASPECT OF IT THAT BROUGHT BELIEF INTO THEIR LIVES. >>

What does this have to do with Allen's original post? Or even what we were talking about?

You can express your thoughts about Jesus anytime, my friend. But...the discussion in this topic is on Allen's original post. If you want to tell us that evolution is nonsense because some Christian leaders say it is and that God is responsible for creating everything just as it is today and it was ever thus, then do so. I don't know what that has to do with young criminals in Florida and the failure of the Church to help them.

And, by the way, what I write about here concerning evolution are not my opinions; they are scientific facts put into my own words. My simple explanation about the evolution of reproduction was stated as a very simple explanation, but not opinion.

Evolution affects us as it has always affected the creatures on this planet. All around us evolution continues, sometimes so slow that we are unaware and sometimes rapidly and we become aware of it when the viruses mutate to avoid getting wiped out and we find ourselves in trouble.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Chris, after reading about the book on Amazon, I just decided to buy it.

Thanks again.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Jeanne: Hi

I am not sure what New Age Science is but are you talking crystals, homoeopathy, primal scream stuff? I will do a search, but was wondering if you meant something specific.

I meant exactly that kind of nonsense, you hit the nail square on.

The book is very informative and most entertaining, so long as one can broaden one's mind to accept the prolific use of a certain Anglo Saxon verb.

My 10 years in the RN completely inoculated me against prudery, so rendering me impervious to feelings of outrage or embarrassment when I see it on the page.

In my experience most of those who object most vehemently to even its occasional use, have not only said but also done it themselves, (but probably not often enough or with sufficient abandon to honestly enjoy it).

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Re: [rdrcofe] Is Evolution Scientific? In reply to

Hi, Chris,

I have decided to close this thread on your note rather than on Jeanne’s. Both of you have (as well as Jim and myself) gone off-topic. It has just about reminded me of the “old days”. When you use words that I have trouble understanding and you write in the same way some used to do to Dovegiven, I understand why he left and accept the fact that no one wants to read about things that they don’t understand, care about, or can participate in.

I think that we all need to understand that our minds are all individual and no two are alike. So to assume that we know what someone is thinking (even if the topic has been discussed repeatedly, is a huge mistake: one that I resent greatly.

So if you (plural) have anything more to say on this topic, please start another forum.

Also, Patricia King recently posted God’s Health Plan which would be worth everyone’s time to read.

Blessings ~ Sarah