The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Alternative to a chronological Genesis?

Quote Reply
Alternative to a chronological Genesis?
For anyone interested in gaining a studious understanding of what The Bible actually says about 'Creation', this lecture is worth listening to.

http://www.outsideecho.com/...rnest-Lucas-2015.mp4

Regards Chris.

Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Alternative to a chronological Genesis? In reply to
I clicked on it and nothing came up.
I'm hoping it aligns with the Bible and is not some alternate to the scriptures.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Alternative to a chronological Genesis? In reply to
Hi Chris.

I would listen if I could, but I had to wipe my hard drive recently and am left with a bowser that can't support such stuff, but the newest my Operating System can stand. New computer around the corner...I think.

Do they have a transcript of the speech? I will click and see...

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] Alternative to a chronological Genesis? In reply to
Sarah: Hi.

I'm hoping it aligns with the Bible and is not some alternate to the scriptures.

Would I post something 'non scriptural' ? I'm surprised at you. Surely you know me better than that by now. I think I am as scriptural as anyone else on Praize.

Sorry if your computers can't read it. It is a video mp4 format, if that helps. It works fine on mine when I tap the link.

Try this one. http://www.outsideecho.com/...st-Lucas-Genesis.m4a That is purely audio. Takes about 10 seconds to load.

The lecture is about how modern minds impose our own culture and context on Ancient Near Eastern texts without knowing the culture and context of the people who wrote it and the people to whom it was originally addressed. The confusions in meaning this causes are as much in error as denying the authority of scripture. To believe in a wrong interpretation of the purpose of an ancient text is the same in effect as not knowing what it actually means. What is worse would be insisting that it means other than it originally meant to the author and his readers.

We cannot just assume that Genesis ch 1 to 3, is a purely scientific, chronological and historical account if it may never have been intended to be so. It must be understood in the way the author intends, not just how we in our own time and culture assume it should be interpreted according to our way of thinking.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Apr 2, 2017, 4:02 AM