The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Reincarnation?

Quote Reply
Reincarnation?
One of the basic tenents of Buddhism is reincarnation, the idea we live multiple lives on the earth and may even return as an animal. Is there truth to this belief? According to the Bible the answer is no. Jesus declared in the New Testament: "It is appointed once for a person to die and after that the judgement." In other words, we only get one time around here on earth. In addition, Buddhism has no answer for sin and judgement before God. Our good works will never make us holy enough to get into heaven. Only Jesus' death on the cross and the blood he shed for our sins, and our faith in that fact will create our bridge into heaven. There is no other path to heaven.
Craig Dressler
http://christianbook2.webs.com
Quote Reply
Re: [craigdressler] Reincarnation? In reply to
HI Craig

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Heb 9:27-28.

It wasn’t actually Jesus who said this, it was the author of Hebrews in the New Testament.

It looks to me as if it goes on to say that those who seek The Life, The Way and The Truth, in this life, (perhaps never having heard the Gospel for one reason or another), will see him again in the next, without their sins, and therefore ‘saved’.

How do you read it?
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [craigdressler] Reincarnation? In reply to
Thank you for pointing out my mistake. While I was writing the above, I was think of adding Jesus' words: "No person comes to the father except through me." As for there being no sin in heaven, I believe the Bible makes clear that for those who make Jesus their Savior and Lord and, as a result, get into heaven, that will be the case. Like Jesus after he was resurrected, those in heaven will be given a glorified body that is no longer subject to temptation and sin.
Craig Dressler
http://christianbook2.webs.com