The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Can someone answer this question?

Quote Reply
Can someone answer this question?
I believe the Bible says something about flesh and blood shall not enter into heaven. Yet when Jesus died, his grave was empty thus no body. If his body (flesh and blood) did not go to Heaven, where did it go?

Ken
Quote Reply
Re: [kennyj] Can someone answer this question? In reply to
kennyj: Hi

As usual, a question you believe is unanswerable. Laugh

We just don't know what 'resurrection' actually involved. 'Flesh and blood' cannot normally walk through walls and locked doors, or vanish before the eyes of witnesses.

So who is to say that the kind of 'flesh and blood' that Jesus seemed to possess could not also 'enter heaven'?

The kind of 'flesh and blood' that we all have before death does not seem capable of a heavenly existence. It is the spirit and the spiritual body which inhabits the realm of the hereafter. The body of flesh and blood remains on earth to be recycled, like everything else.

God is the ultimate Eco-warrior. Laugh
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Aug 11, 2018, 1:42 AM
Quote Reply
Hi, Kenny,
Welcome back.
I have tried to answer your post about half a dozen times and Holy Spirit keeps erasing it. Therefore, I will keep my thoughts to myself and let others do the honors. Holy Spirit knows when I should keep my mouth shut.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Can someone answer this question? In reply to
rdrcofe wrote:

As usual, a question you believe is unanswerable. Laugh

We just don't know what 'resurrection' actually involved. 'Flesh and blood' cannot normally walk through walls and locked doors, or vanish before the eyes of witnesses.

So who is to say that the kind of 'flesh and blood' that Jesus seemed to possess could not also 'enter heaven'?

The kind of 'flesh and blood' that we all have before death does not seem capable of a heavenly existence. It is the spirit and the spiritual body which inhabits the realm of the hereafter. The body of flesh and blood remains on earth to be recycled, like everything else.

God is the ultimate Eco-warrior. Laugh

In Luke 24:38-43 Jesus shows his disciples he had his regular body.
Verse 38 they appeared troubled in his presence.
Verse 39-40 Jesus pointed out that he is flesh and bones, allowed them to inspect his hands and feet, then pointed out that spirits don’t have flesh and bones.
Verse 41-43 Jesus asks for food which they gave him and he ate the food in their presence to show it was his regular body.
Quote Reply

Still does not mean that Jesus' resurrection body was exactly the same as ours though. So he was not a ghost, and he was also no longer constrained by the laws of nature as we are.

That means then that he was something other than we currently are, but not a ghost. Quite unique, since He is 'The first fruits of them that slept'. There is currently nothing else quite like Him. It remains to be seen what we shall be, but we believe we shall be like Him.

Can you 'appear and disappear' at will? Can you materialize inside a locked room and then dematerialize, after eating a piece of broiled fish and a honeycomb.

I don't think so. Can you enter the Kingdom of Heaven in your present state? Probably not.

It's good to see that you are still reading the Bible though, even if it is to try to prove believers wrong and yourself right about everything. Try reading it to find out the truth about yourself, the world, your motives and your God given freedom and destiny in Jesus Christ. Read my signature and do something appropriate for Christ's sake.

Nuf Said!
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Aug 12, 2018, 2:46 PM
Quote Reply
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WANT. THE ANSWER IS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO USE IN CONFRONT CHRISTIANS THERE IS NO EXPLANATION THAT YOU ARE ASKING FOR THAT EXISTS OUTSIDE OF JESUS.
I PERSONALLY WILL ONLY WITH THE VALUES OF CHRISTIANITY IN JESUS THAT IS TRUTH AND A

VALUED SYSTEM THAT WORKS

WATCHMAN 0N THE WALL
Quote Reply
Hello all.

Kenny, you can correct me if I am mistaken.

Chris and Jim, I don't think Kenny is an atheist or agnostic anymore, so don't get so ticked off at his questions. As I wrote, I may be mistaken, but to me Kenny has not been atheistic in his posts for a long while, nor do I think his posts are antagonistic.

Welcome his questions as an opportunity for discussion. If he is seeking debate using atheistic thinking, Kenny would post in Atheist Debate, would he not?

Remembering his infrequent questions, it seems to me that he is genuinely wondering about something specific and those have been the sorts of questions that tend to stick in the craw of atheists and agnostics and any who are still wondering about God.

And...Kenny, dude, if you are still an atheist or agnostic, join in the discussions we get into, where another point of view would make them more interesting.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Can someone answer this question? In reply to
jeanne53: Hi

I offer my apology to Kenny, if I have shot off at the mouth without thinking it through properly first.

Fire away Kenny. You have my full attention.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Chris, I may be completely wrong about this and only Kenny can set me straight.

It was mostly Jim's post that made me consider writing and asking for a little consideration. I just fail to see how shutting down discussion before it begins can be beneficial to Praize forums.

Jim, if you don't want to respond, then don't...but to accuse a member of posting only for deliberate confrontation with Christians is counter productive. It isn't as if we get a lot of members who post topics or ask questions and have to smack down on some to keep things under control here. Laugh

You can smack me down all you want and I won't pay you much attention...but gosh...Kenny posts maybe once a year.

Just saying...

Hugs to you all, just to make it better.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Sure glad you are back from vacation!!! huh?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
JEANNE

JEANNE IF YOU WANT TO OBJECT SOMETHING I WROTE PLEASE DON'T CONFUSE IT. PRAIZE BY IT'S DEFINITION IS TO PRAIZE THE LORD JESUS. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GIVING SPACE TO OTHER THOUGHTS.

IF YOU DISAGREE WITH MY WRITING THEN YOU CAN IGNORE IT OR COMPLAIN TO PRAIZE OP2. SHE KNOWS I WILL ABIDE BY WHATEVER DECISION SHE MAKES. I WILL STILL POST SOME MAYBE IT WILL BE TO TWO OR THREE POSTS. I WILL STILL BE SPEAKING MY HEART AND FOR CHRIST I WILL GO ALONG WAY BUT I AM NO LONGER GOING TO CROSS HER VISION FOR THE MINISTRY OF PRAIZE,

WHETHER YOU ACCEPT IT OR NOT JESUS IS COMING AND VERY SOON , DON'T WORRY I AM NOT GOING TO SPEAK ABOUT SECOND COMING.

AS TO THE QUESTION AT HAND; IAM SURPRISED AT YOUR REACTION ' IT DOESN'T TAKE A MEMBER OF MENSES TO KNOW THE DIRECTION HIS QUESTION IS GOING.I BELIEVE KEN IS ASKING FOR THINGS FROM A SEEKING POINT IN HIS HEART AND I AM SURE THAT IF WE CAREFULLY READ ALL THAT HE POSTS YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM REFFERING TO. I THINK IF YOU READ THE SCRIPTURE CLOSELY YOU FIND AN ANSWER. NO THE FLESH AND BLOOD OF JESUS DIDN'T ENTER HEAVEN THERE IS AN ACCURATE ACCOUNT IN THE GOSPEL OF THE BLOOD. IT WAS AT THE FOOT OF THE
CROSS WHERE IT DRAINED FROM HIS BODY IN HIS DEATH.
THE STORY OF THE SHROUD OF TURIN MIGHT GIVE SOME ANSWER THAT THE FULL STORY CAN BE GAINED BY PRAYER,. HOWEVER YOU DON'T GO THERE. YOU MUST REALIZE THAT THE BODY OF CHRIST TOOK SOME JOLTS IN BEING REMOVED FROM THE CROSS.

THERE IS NO MYSTERY IN THE STORY OF THE BODY YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK CLOSE AT THE SCRIPTURE AND WHAT IS SAID

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Aug 19, 2018, 3:35 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] Can someone answer this question? In reply to
Jim, I am not complaining, but am asking for those who post questions about the Bible to be given a little consideration. I do not know what is in Kenny's heart currently, nor do you. Would you reply the same way to someone, whom you think might be a believer?

The scientific versus scriptural "problem" of resurrection is one that has often been discussed here. It is not something that is agreed upon by all Christians and for those who want to jell what they believe with what they know, it will always be asked. What does this mean? How can this happen? What about when my body dies?

As for ALL the blood draining from a crucified body; that most probably does not happen.

Well...I do wish Kenny would do more than just post a question and then a few verses of scripture. Perhaps if he fleshed out his ideas a bit more, we could have a more interesting discussion.

But..here is a question for believers; is it necessary to believe that any of this (body missing, Jesus visiting after his death, etc.) literally happened to believe in the message of Jesus and an afterlife of heaven? And does wondering about it mean that the message is not accepted?

I know you await a second coming soon, but not all Christians do. In the meantime, wondering goes on and so does discussion about the spiritual realm of deities.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne53: Hi

I do not know what is in Kenny's heart currently, nor do you. Would you reply the same way to someone, whom you think might be a believer?

We, of course don't know exactly why Kenny asked this question, and speculation will only result in possibly unjust assumptions as to his sincerity in actually wanting an answer to his question, rather than asking it, hoping no one here would be able to provide one, thus confirming his own conception of 'the truth'.

The reason we don't know exactly why Kenny asked the question, is because he has not given any indication of why he wants to know.

Given the fact that he has not come back to tell us why he wants to know, gives us only more reason to speculate on his reasons for asking the initial question. Which puts us into a speculative loop which is helpful to nobody.

That is primarily why I suggested Kenny actually do something positive about his 'doubts' and for once begin to discuss issues in rational debate, rather than just popping in occasionally to pose the occasional 'unanswerable question', whereupon having received one, he no longer participates, until sometime later, his next 'unanswerable question' pops up and he again does not respond to any convincing and sensible answers.

But..here is a question for believers; is it necessary to believe that any of this (body missing, Jesus visiting after his death, etc.) literally happened to believe in the message of Jesus and an afterlife of heaven? And does wondering about it mean that the message is not accepted?

Actually I would go further than this Jeanne. I don't think it is in any way justifiable, in the event even of everything we know about Jesus of Nazareth being irrefutably proven completely fictional, heaven being proved a bogus promise, hell being discounted as real in any way at all, and God being proven a figment of our human devising, EVEN IF ALL that were proven true, it would not be justification for committing one evil act or cruelty to any other harmless human being here on earth.

In other words, if our 'Righteousness' is only righteous and the right thing to do, because the Bible in its entirety is 'true', AND therefore if it is not entirely true, we would then decide to no longer be 'Righteous', then our supposed 'Righteousness' depends only upon the Bible being 'true'. That being the case, our 'righteousness' is not actually righteous, it is merely a sham, to gain favor with the god that we have convinced ourselves demands our obedience, and who we think needs to be placated and appeased.

Therefore our supposed 'righteousness' was never actually 'righteous' in the first place, and we would be no different than any superstitious demon worshiper following the dictates of their own evil desires and pretending they are the demands of their evil master.

The question everyone should ask themselves is:

Q. If it could be proved beyond doubt that Jesus never existed and the Bible is entirely a work of fiction, would I still "Love my neighbor as myself, bless and not curse, forgive and not seek revenge, not murder, steal or lie, etc."

If the answer is No, then you are not a disciple of Christ and He will declare he never knew you, when you finally face him.

If the answer is Yes, then you are a disciple of Christ and you will receive a commendation sometime.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Aug 20, 2018, 12:50 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Yes...heavy sigh...it would be nice for Kenny to opine a bit more. Drive-by postings of an off-the-wall question without any real follow up from the OP is frustrating. I am always willing to give the benefit of the doubt in hopes that the poster may decide to further elucidate upon the topic.

The points, which you have hit on are some that I find most disturbing about religious belief and faith...and thinking on them opens up much more than this forum would allow, and indeed, more than I would want to get into with any of my friends here. And...it is much of which keeps me irreligious.

I appreciate you taking time to reply to my query.

-Jeanne