The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

The Atheist Agenda...

Quote Reply
The Atheist Agenda...
Since a few people are active right now, I thought I would ask this question that has some of my atheist friends perplexed.

What do Christians consider to be the "atheist agenda" sometimes known as the "evil atheist agenda?"

We just don't know about this, yet we get accused of it a lot.

In all seriousness,
Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] The Atheist Agenda... In reply to

JEANNE

HI!
CHRISTMAS GREETINGS TO YOU
I SPEAKING FOR ME AND NOT OTHER BELIEVERS, I OFTEN END UP APOLOGIZING FOR EXPRESSING MY BELIEFS TOO STRONGLY AS FOR AN ATHEISTIC AGENDA I HAVE NOT TAKEN TIME TO THINK ABOUT IT

WHEN I TALK TO AN ATHEIST ABOUT THEIR BELIEFS I BASE MY COMMENTS ON WHAT IS SAID TO ME NOT WHAT A GROUP THOUGHT MIGHT BE. I FOUND A GROUP THOUGHT ALMOST AS IRRATIONAL AS SOME CHRISTIANS MIGHT BE. A CHRISTIAN OFTEN HAS TO BE TAUGHT BY MEMBERS OF HIS OR HER GROUP BECAUSE of INABILITY TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES .

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Nov 25, 2018, 3:08 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] The Atheist Agenda... In reply to
Well, thanks Jim.

That is sort of where us atheists that are wondering sit; that we are individuals without groupthink. Each of us have our feelings about deity belief and the religions that support them.

As for this Conservative bunch of atheists, we aren't trying to "convert" any theists to atheism, even though we may feel that deity belief isn't necessary and in some cases can be detrimental to the individual or societies. We don't reason that deity belief will ever be something foreign to the human condition and just want to be accepted as people without it, as we accept people with it, treating each as who they are and not what they believe.

You have to admit that socially in our country, atheists still get a bum rap and that admitting one is an atheist may impact a person's social and professional standing, not to mention their relationship with their friends and family.

Thanks for not lumping us all in together as acting upon an evil atheist agenda.

Merry Christmas a bit early, Jim. I am not ready for the season to begin, yet, but I guess it is here anyway. Christmas decorations, cards and toys/gifts were up in our local Walmarts before Halloween was here. Too soon, please, let us enjoy Thanksgiving before Christmas chaos descends. Oh to keep it simple and peaceful like it used to be...
Quote Reply
Hi, Jeanne,
I am not sure what you are talking about. I can share my personal beliefs with you. But that is all I know.

I think that atheists do not believe in an all-powerful.l God. One that is able to do anything. I have seen miracles worked in my life and that is why I DO believe in an all-powerful God. I have seen things happen that could only happen with some sort of help from somewhere. Things that have no rational explanation.

I don't care that you don't have an answer for unanswerable situations. If you don't need things answered in a certain way (miracles) in your life... FINE. I can love you and I can accept you... recognizing that you have something that you don't feel you need in your life. Christians recognize that there are certain things that are not in our control, and if we want them to be, we need a God to provide them for us.

We were talking today with friends about Alzheimer's disease. My mother had it, and she lived with us during her early 80's. We were explaining how it is demonic. Things my mother did that had no accountability to them. My point is that if you don't believe in God, you can't believe in the demonic. They go hand-in-hand. There are just certain things that cannot be explained without believing in the Bible an all that it includes.

And I don't know if this answers your question or not. LOL
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] The Atheist Agenda... In reply to

YOU NOW ARE COMING INTO THE POINT OF ANOINTING THAT YOU SHOULD HAVE.
YOUR ANSWER IN THIS REFLECTED A GREAT DEAL OF WISDOM.
STILL PRAYING FOR YOU
M7TH
WATCHER/
Quote Reply

I HAVE AVOIDED BEING CONTROVERSIAL AND NOW WITH RECENT STATEMENTS BEING MADE IN A PUBLIC SENSE I MUST SAY SOMETHING.
WHEN THE LGBT GROUPS CAME ON THE SCENE I REALLY MADE UP MIND TO WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENED AND HAVE HAD TO REPENT OF THAT.
1)THERE ARE NOW FEMININE AND MALE GAY ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF MAINLINE CONSERVATIVE MINISTRIES ABLE TO TEACH GAY PRINCIPLE. 2) IN THE CITY OF ORLANDO TWO MAINLINE CHURCHES PUT UP SIGNS CONCERNING THEIR BELIEF IN THE LORD IN THAT CHURCH AND THEY WERE PROMPTLY SUED IN FEDERAL FOR A VIOLATION OF CHURCH AND STATE AMONG OTHER THINGS AND FORCED REMOVE TO THEM. 3)THE THING OF IT IS THE SIGNS WERE ON CHURCH OR PRIVATE PROPERTY.

4) DOWN THE STREET IN VIEW OF THE CHURCHES WERE LGBT PROPERTIES WITH LGBT SIGNS AND IN PLAIN SIGHT. IN THE WAKE OF SEVERAL SHOOTINGS AT PROMINENT LOCATIONS KNOWN ONA NATIONAL BASIS HAD LIGHTS REFLECTING HARMONY WITH LGBT THOUGHT AND COLORS WERE SEEN.
THESE LGBT GROUPS HAVE PUBLISHED DOCTRINE; WHILE NOT BEING A CHURCH GROUP ARE SUBJECT TO MANY OF THE TAX REGULATIONS OF RELIGIOUS GROUPS AND SOON THIS FORM OF HYPOCRISY WILL END.

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Nov 26, 2018, 11:56 AM
Quote Reply
Jeanne, read the blog post by Stephen Porter called "Fleas On A Dog". I think it might answer some of your questions.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
I wish you would have printed this in a separate area.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] The Atheist Agenda... In reply to
Hi Sarah.

Thanks for replying.

Yes, apparently "The Evil Atheist Agenda" is not something known about, so I did a search for it, and came up with this from Conservapedia:

https://www.conservapedia.com/Atheist_agenda

The atheist agenda refers to an extensive ideology and programme, common to avowed atheists (Atheists commonly fall on the left aisle of the political spectrum. See: Atheism and politics and Secular left).
The atheist Dr. Gordon Stein declared:

“Atheism has long ceased to be a rare and oft-ignored philosophical outlook...It has transformed itself into an active political programme with clear objectives which, though they vary from state to state, unequivocally include the elimination of state religion, religious education, and the enshrinement of scientism.[1]”

The atheist agenda includes these objectives:

1 Removing creation science from curricula and outlawing its teaching in schools. See: Evolutionary indoctrination
2 Outlawing personal religion in schools under the guise of "separation of church and state"
3 Indoctrinating atheistic and evolutionary ideology through the education system, and thus the public at large
4 Undermining Christianity and other organized religion through widespread misinformation and deceit

There is more at the site.

I am not talking about what I believe or do not believe or what I accept is reality or not reality, but about a general source of uncomfortable being that atheists feel when we are all lumped in with tyrants or groups that might actually have such an agenda.

So, I guess this is what people judge us on.

I had replied to an atheist friend that I thought Christians thought we worked to convert their children to atheism and so they would have good reason to consider us evil, but no atheist that I know online or in real life work to do that, or even would wish to do that.

Do we think human beings would be better without religions and deity beliefs? Yes, we do, but realize that more than likely those traits of humanity will be with us forever and we recognize that it seems many humans benefit from their faith. However, it has always been our wish that if we leave them to have faith in deities that they will leave us to not have faith in deities and that we could each leave the children alone to follow in the faith/non-faith of their parents, at least while they are under the age of majority.

I appreciate your friendship and kind words, Sarah.

My father had Alzheimer's disease as did some of his brothers suffer from a form of dementia, and my mother had dementia, which we did not become aware of until my father died and her well-regulated routine involving his care and her life left her adrift when he died at 89. She died at nearly 89. Both she and my mother-in-law lived with us until their death. Cancer took my MIL, but her mind was clear as a bell until the end. My mother's health was good, except for her totally destroyed esophagus, which is what precipitated her death, but her mind was not. Both of my parents with dementia had other conditions, which fortunately, ended their lives before the person that they were totally disappeared and they became infantile, both physically and mentally.

I do not believe that disease is demonic, it is physical. Dementia and Alzheimer's is, never the less, a terrible scourge on those who have it and those who love a person who has it.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne, I really want to answer this. But time seems to be an issue. So we will see if I can get back to it before the weekend ends.
Blessings ~ Sarah