The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Quote Reply
Atheism
Hi there.
I am an atheist.
I have never harmed anyone, committed a crime, or been smitten down by "God".
The scientific evidence is all there.
God does not exist.
-Alla Ban
Quote Reply
Re: [AllaBan] Atheism In reply to
I am glad you are here. We have had atheists on Praize many times, and they have always been respectful and proved to be interesting conversationalists. If you have not already done so, please read the brief Terms of Service for Blogs & Forums at http://www.praize.com/blog-forum-terms

Then I want to tell you a true story. I had a friend, now deceased, who was a research scientist. He was working on D&A of multiple personalities. What he found was that in a person with multiples, each time a new one surface, the blood type changed! There is no way that this can be explained. He said that was what convinced him that there had to be a God and what the Christians said was true.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Dec 3, 2012, 3:57 PM
Quote Reply
AllaBan :

Hello : My name is Chris. My initial reaction to what you state is that you are somewhat less than comfortable with the 'truth' of your own statement.

Hi there. I am an atheist. (I also am unsure that the God that many fervent 'religious' people envisage, actually exists or at least would fail to conform to their description or expectations of his behaviour and character). You and I have at least that in common.

I have never harmed anyone, committed a crime, or been smitten down by "God". (I am pleased to hear it, but not entirely convinced you are as 'saintly' as you seem to be convinced you are). Be honest now, are you really that perfect? I said be honest!

The scientific evidence is all there. (As was also confidently, (but wrongly), stated by a teacher to her class in the USSR when she said "Uri Gagarin has been up in space and did not see God." A child in her class said. "Of course he couldn't see God. The Bible says only the pure in heart shall see God.)

God does not exist.
(You may well be right! The God you would describe is almost certainly nothing like the one that IS, if God is). But your statement is neither provable nor falsifiable so is therefore illogical and not allowable as a statement of fact in accordance with the same system of reasoning you employed to formulate it.

I for one here in Praize Forums am willing to debate with you and discuss the issues you seem to be struggling with. I am by no means a 'Creationist' or 'Fundamentalist' and certainly not a 'literalist', but I am convinced that there is far more to existence than science has so far revealed.

"That which no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man conceived, what God has prepared for those who love him, God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God."

Whatever 'scriptures' you had been schooled to regard as 'sacred' can either lead you to enlightenment or to the darkness of despair, depending on how you understand them, how they are interpreted and how you are taught.

Just the same is true of 'science'. It can lead you to deeper and greater knowledge and a true appreciation of the wonder of creation or it can blind you even to a proper understanding of your own mortal nature and need of renewal in God.

Neither alone, without allowing the Spirit to search you, will reveal to you the depths of God or a proper understanding of yourself.

Are you UP for this? Are you willing to continue the quest? Or are you hardwired in atheist 'teaching' mode?

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Dec 3, 2012, 4:05 PM
Quote Reply
AllaBan, I just read your profile (I am an owner of Praize, so I can do that!) and saw that you are 12 years old. I think all three of us that answered your post assumed that you were of adult age, you sounded so mature. :) So again, I want to say I am happy you are here. I believe that you can learn a lot and make a lot of friends.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
AllaBan wrote:
Hi there.
I am an atheist.
I have never harmed anyone, committed a crime, or been smitten down by "God".
The scientific evidence is all there.
God does not exist.
-Alla Ban

!2 years old huh? Goodness young man you have a lot to learn. I don't know what "evidence" you think you have but there is more evidence than you can imagine that God DOES exist. Start by looking around at creation. In the Bible Romans 1: 19, 20 tells why no one can honestly say God does not exist. I hope you do a lot more research. Welcome to the forums.
In His Service
Quote Reply
AllaBan wrote:
The scientific evidence is all there. God does not exist. -Alla Ban
Hi Alla,

God has "proven" Himself to countless millions of people worldwide.
When He touches you, it's a "I know that I know that I know!"
My first time, just out of the blue, with no one anywhere around (except me),
I heard a voice asking me a personal question.
I looked around ... and said to myself, "This had to be God!"

If you wish, I could post my personal spiritual testimony.
It certainly would give you a lot to think about!

Quote Reply
Re: [evangelist-1] Atheism In reply to
Hi AllaBan.

I am an atheist too. My children are atheists. My husband is a deist. Many of my longtime friends do not believe that I am an atheist because of how I have lived my life as much as I can with honor, with compassion, with patriotism and with responsibility to my self, my family, my community and my country.

My feelings about Christians have changed throughout the decades and I am grateful for that change, owing it in great part to my discussions here on Praize and another great part to Glenn Beck, which one would think would be reason enough for any Christian to spend a considerable time investigating Beck's recent works.

But, I am still an atheist with a decided deterministic bent and consider all of existence to be material and none to be other than material.

There is an atheist debate forum here and it is a good place to have civil and intelligent discussions with agnostics, atheists and various theists...although it isn't frequented very much.

Welcome.

-Jeanne

p.s. Just realized the initial post was over a year ago. Oh well...
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Last edited by:

jeanne53: Mar 6, 2013, 7:36 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Atheism In reply to
Hey, Jeanne, what a great idea! How about I move this to the Atheist Debates. :) We could use a little action there.
Blessings ~ Sarah