The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Great Britain, the police state...

Quote Reply
Great Britain, the police state...
Here is a bit of disturbing news about the ever expanding police state that was once Great Britain:

<<Tommy Robinson was arrested on Friday, May 25, 2018, outside Leeds Crown Court for live-streaming interviews with people who were there to protest the prostitution of underage girls by the Muslim men who were on trial that day in the court. He did nothing wrong, nothing illegal. He had even asked a police officer where he could and couldn’t stand to do his interviews.

He was arrested because Theresa May runs a police state in which any criticism of Muslims is a greater offense than the pimping of underage girls. Within an hour, Tommy was arrested, tried, and sentenced to thirteen months in prison. Some reports say the charge was “disturbance of the peace”, some say “contempt of court”. He is likely to be put among the general population of the prison, where Muslims will beat him – possibly to death.

The court also forbade the reporting of his arrest and sentence. But the word got out. And this has so incensed the British people – or some of them – at last, that his arrest was followed by riots in Whitehall.

The leader of the Freedom Party in the Netherlands, Geert Wilders, made a public protest (see the video here), and  raised the matter in the Dutch parliament, asking the Dutch foreign minister to take action on behalf of Tommy Robinson. A member of the German Bundestag offered Tommy political asylum in Germany.

Bruce Bawer writes at Gatestone:

<<The swiftness with which injustice was meted out to Tommy Robinson is stunning. No, more than that: it is terrifying.

Without having access to his own lawyer, Robinson was summarily tried and sentenced to 13 months behind bars. He was then transported to Hull Prison.

Meanwhile, the judge who sentenced Robinson also ordered British media not to report on his case. Newspapers that had already posted reports of his arrest quickly took them down. All this happened on the same day.

In Britain, rapists enjoy the right to a full and fair trial, the right to the legal representation of their choice, the right to have sufficient time to prepare their cases, and the right to go home on bail between sessions of their trial. No such rights were offered, however, to Tommy Robinson
.>>

This is the second piece I have read on this, but the government of Great Britain has been building up to this with Internet censorship, passage of hate speech crimes, fines for citizens who question or speak out or simply make negative statements about Islam. Citizens have had their lives and careers ruined over voicing their concerns about the Islamification of their cities.

Chris, what have you heard about this story?

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Great Britain, the police state... In reply to
Ah...

The short of this is that he was on parole, I am assuming, from a sentence for contempt of court shortened to the 3 months already served on the condition that he not "publish" anything the court deemed disruptive of any proceedings. The court deemed his live FaceBook feed to be the act of a "publisher." So he was whisked away and the press shut down on the case to keep the prostitution-ring trial free from falling into a mistrial.

Well...that is one way to deal with people who insist on saying and doing what the government doesn't want them to say and do in order to keep a lid on the whole Islamist problem.

All perfectly legal and above board, I am sure. Why does this make me uneasy, then?

Hey, we do the same sort of thing here, don't we? Well...no, we don't, unless you are a white cis-gendered male, then the mob or the media just do the work of the courts.

All else, especially if you are not a white cis-gendered male, we very nearly let social and mainstream media take the place of the judge, jury and executioner.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
jeanne53: Hi

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...de-leeds-crown-court.

Quote:

Tommy Robinson has been arrested for allegedly breaching the peace outside a court during an ongoing grooming trial.
The far-right activist showed men entering Leeds Crown Court in a livestream on Facebook, where he claimed to be “reporting” on the case.
After more than an hour of broadcasting, footage showed police officers approaching to arrest him for alleged breach of the peace and incitement.
Britain First leaders jailed for anti-Muslim hate crime
“Can you get me a solicitor?” he asked his supporters while being searched and bundled into a police van. “This is ridiculous, I haven’t said a word…I’ve done nothing.”
Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Lennon, had claimed that verdicts were due on Friday but court officials confirmed that the trial of nine defendants is ongoing.
“This isn’t contempt of court?” he asked during the broadcast. “You are allowed to do this, aren’t you?”
Tommy Robinson permanently banned from Twitter
Tommy Robinson threatens to track down UK counter-terror head
Finsbury Park terror attacker turned to violence by far-right posts

Contempt of court is a criminal offence that can see people jailed for speeches or publications that create a "substantial risk that the course of justice in the proceedings in question will be seriously impeded or prejudiced".
Robinson is already under a suspended sentence for committing contempt of court over a gang rape case heard in Canterbury last year.
Judge Heather Norton handed him a three months imprisonment in May last year but suspended it for 18 months on the condition he did not commit further offences.

But he did, big time, so he got what he had been already told he would get if he broke his suspended sentence and risked aborting a trial in progress, by breaching the peace, in exactly the way he decided to do.

What we do not want to see is sexual predatory persons going free because some Right Wing Extremist Hitler worshipping member of a terrorist movement, wants to stir up mob violence to advance his perverted racist cause.

What we want to see is the Rule of Law convicting criminals, (of whatever race, colour or religion), not having to let them off or force a re-trial because some pillock cant even abide by the terms of his bail.

He got everything he richly deserved and I hope they sort him out in jail. He certainly needs sorting out. He led the same Extremist Right Wing terror movement, that a recent loony claimed membership of, who murdered one of our women Labour MP's last year, openly, in the street.

Scum.

I can now be quite certain that the CBN article about him, which appeared on this website was Criminally Biassed News. It presented him as some sort of Victim Martyr instead of a Terrorist Group Leader with a false name and a record of incitement to violence.

Regards Chris.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: May 31, 2018, 6:59 AM
Quote Reply
I can't speak for Chris but, I have read a lot about the case and you are exactly right. The UK is surrendering to Muslim rule, losing the freedom of speech and submitting to Sharia Law. Robert Spencer has said that the UK is a lost cause unless something drastic happens fast.
Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Great Britain, the police state... In reply to
I am curious. Where is your evidence that he was a right wing extremist and terrorist?
Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [Allen4862] Great Britain, the police state... In reply to
allen: Hi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_(activist)

Try Googeling Tommy Robinson with some of the following: EDF, Britain First, National Front, Murder Terrorists etc.

or similar combinations. Broaden your research.

Try 'Illegally entering the USA on somebody else's passport'. You might turn up his current name, or more likely his previous one unless he tried that little scam on yet another of his pseudonyms.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/...riends-passport.html

Seek the truth, it will set you free, and don't believe ANYTHING you read on CBN News, it is all right wing propaganda and obfuscation of the truth. False News. You are being deceived.
In Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting the message of reconciliation to us. 2 Cor. 5:19. Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 2, 2018, 1:11 AM
Quote Reply
Hi Allen. Good to see you!

Hi Chris.

It was from Leeds that I got the info in my second post on this topic. I don't believe that FaceBook and Twitter users, no matter how many followers are had, should be classified as "publishers" and therefore subject to the same regulations.

Now...here is the thing, as I understand it, about the problems in the UK, especially in the cities; the regular folk that consider themselves to be Brits feel they are losing the war for their own culture and for their former liberty to speak freely about their concerns, whether that speech is private or public or whatever social media speech is designated to be in this burgeoning era of thought control.

When the State cracks down on speech that was previously considered a national right and law-abiding citizens are shamed and threatened and banned and fined and arrested for speaking their minds, and most become fearful of even whispering what is now frowned upon by the government, who is making hate speech laws and sending the police after those who dare to still raise their voices...well, then those citizens gather behind a person who doesn't mind making waves and risking a beat-down or fine or arrest.

Enter Tommy Robinson. Nobody cares what he has done before. He is the voice of the people. Not all the people, but the people whose lives are being threatened out of existence by immigration of Islamists and Sharia Law. When I write "lives" I mean their culture, their heritage, their ethnicity, their rights, their safety, their towns, their schools, their social life, their pride at being a citizen of the UK.

Now...about this notion that he is racist and scum. Why? Because he believes that Western Culture is something to preserve? Because he believes that White people have as much right to their ethnicity and heritage and culture as those with different skin color? Because he thinks that Middle Eastern culture is not as modern or beneficial to humans as Western Culture? Because he thinks Islam is an evil religion of destruction and many who practice it are Stone Age beasts without regard for human life and want to force the rest of humanity to "submit" to their God?

Why is it that the only "race" that cannot value their own heritage and culture is the White "race?"

If we do, then we are called racists.

Japan, China, Korea, Middle Easterners, various Africans, Native Americans may each and all claim their race is superior in some or many ways and they may seek to keep their blood "pure" and they may seek to keep their culture "pure" and they may speak out against other races and they may seek to keep their race separate from others....but nobody ever gets to call them racists.

Have you ever heard or read what the Nation of Islam, Black Muslims or the groups that associate with such leaders have to say about other races (mostly about Whites and Jews)..."kill dey babies", streets must run red with the blood of whites....and pity the black woman who dates a white man or dares to bear his baby.

I forgot about the Jews. They can be called racists all day long and it be justified by others who believe it is right to do so.

There is a lot of hate coming out of those who are against white people, Jews and anything that smacks of Western Civilization. But this is okay apparently because they deserve whatever comes to them for all the totally evil things they have done in the past.

Your government created Tommy Robinson and the chaos that comes with its choices made in favor of Islamists. Now, they have made him truly important. Let us hope that they do not make him a martyr. Martyrs make rebellions.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply

You seem to know more about the country I am living in than I do myself.

Tommy Robinson, (if that is actually his name, he has so many others), is a Thug. Some people are happy to have their views represented by a Thug. I am not, as are many other Brits who do not want their concerns to be associated with the likes of Robinson. Tommy Robinson is not in any way representative of the vast majority of British people.

His type was epitomized by Sir Oswald Moseley and Lord Haw Haw and their Blackshirt gangs. We had a way of dealing with them then. They were interned on The Isle of Man for the duration. No place here for Thugs, even white ones.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 2, 2018, 1:35 PM
Quote Reply
Wow, Chris, you missed the whole point I was trying to make about Tommy Robinson.

Is this just like you seem to know so much more about my country than we who live here?

We know there are two sides represented in our news. The mainstream media falls decidedly on the Progressive/Leftist side, which is the political minority here. Of course both sides are biased, but generally there are facts that reveal the truth. It is not even a case of the squeakiest wheel getting the grease; it is just the elite establishment trying to run the country by ignoring the rest of us; what we do, how we feel, our concerns, our tragedies, our accomplishments, our leaders and our values.

I assume it is the same there, but I also assume that some of what I read and what other UK citizens tell us is true.

So...you don't have any racist non-whites there? You don't have any fear of Sharia Law nudging its way into British Law? Are you concerned about the influx of Islamists, who do not want to assimilate into Western Culture, yet breed like rabbits, thereby gaining rapidly in their numbers with non-assimilating families? Do you feel comfortable enough to go out in a city and wonder out loud in the public square about the crime wave that involves Muslim men that have recently immigrated or whether or not it is okay for the Mosques to broadcast five times a day, when churches are kept from bell-ringing on a daily basis?

Do you know that our Progressive/Leftists "cannot even" imagine that ANYBODY actually thinks Conservative principles are important or good. They think that everybody they know, or that is worth knowing, thinks just as they do! And they KNOW who those other people are, you know, the Deplorables, and they KNOW just what they believe and how they act and that they are racist, uneducated, ignorant common trash. You want to protect your borders and only allow vetted legal immigrants? You are racist and un-American!

I bet that is the way your country is too. Of course "many other Brits" think the way you do. Right now, it is dangerous to think otherwise...or so I have read and been told by "other" Brits.

I guess I should believe you over other Brits, but maybe you don't see what is happening despite it happening in front of you. There are a lot of people here, who are the same way. Something is going on that is upsetting both our countries.

What is it?

From this side, it seems that political correctness is interfering with your nation's ability to maintain itself as a Western Culture and that Islamism is gradually overtaking it. You all just started a lot sooner, got further along and have been influenced by the EU for too long.

On this side, it seems that political correctness has peaked and is causing my nation to push back hard against the nonsense of Identity Politics and halt the slide toward Communism American-style. The Progressive run is beginning to implode....or it is beginning to rot under its own stupidity. Like I have always said, America is a big place with lots of rural, backwoods nooks and crannies that hold lots of Conservatives and Libertarians and Blue Dog Democrats that are not easily influenced. The UK is small and even the nooks and crannies are easy to get to and influence.

So..you tell us what is happening to make many of your fellow citizens upset in the UK and how best to address it.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply

Wow, Chris, you missed the whole point I was trying to make about Tommy Robinson.

I didn't miss it, I just didn't respond. If anyone is trying to make Tommy Robinson a martyr it is the Right Wing Extremists, (particularly in the USA), who have their own reasons for doing so. These reasons are probably nothing to do with getting at or relaying "The Truth".

He is not a martyr, he is a petty criminal. What he propagates is not "Free Speech", it is race and religious hatred, deliberately intended to Disturb the Peace, Rabble Rouse and instigate riots in the streets. He is a threat to public order and his nefarious deeds do not deserve the oxygen of publicity.

We know there are two sides represented in our news. The mainstream media falls decidedly on the Progressive/Leftist side, which is the political minority here.

Over here it is big business and Right Wing Capitalism which controls most of our press and media and people like Murdock are trying to grab an even bigger share of influence. There has been a lurch to the right in politics, because the left has such inept and untrustworthy leadership in Jeremy Corbyn, who leads a Trotskyite left wing cohort which now controls the Labour Party. We have the disastrous aftermath of a deceitful and meddled with Brexit Referendum which threatens the economic and political stability of Great Britain. (There is the distinct possibility that Scotland and Northern Ireland will leave The Union or/and the NI 'Troubles' start up all over again). There is no longer any middle ground Political voice in the UK, just extremists on both Left and Right, with most of the Political clout currently being wielded by the right but steadily losing support from the electorate, leaving a dangerous political vacuum in the centre.

Our Security Organisations have successfully foiled 12 terrorist plots this year, have 500 on going operations and have over three thousand radicals under surveillance.

If that is the success of "A Police State", then I say let's have more of it, not less.

The terrorist attacks, from Islamist, Anti-Islamic, and other political extremists, (coupled with the response to the Grenfell Tower Disaster and Manchester bombing), have had the effect of uniting communities rather than further dividing them, (as the terrorists mistakenly believed would happen). They would all like to start a Race and 'religion' War, in the hope of gaining control of the country themselves, each trying to eradicate each other, (like happened in Spain in the 1930's).

Our National Health Service is under threat by greedy American Capitalists and a Right Wing Government in league with them, which has been systematically starving it of resources and preventing recruitment of doctors and nurses in training from overseas.

All in all, we don't need a pillock like Robinson, (A sun bed shop owner with delusions of grandeur and pernicious control freak political aspirations), to pour oil on the flames of public fear and ignorance.

guess I should believe you over other Brits, but maybe you don't see what is happening despite it happening in front of you. There are a lot of people here, who are the same way. Something is going on that is upsetting both our countries.

What is it?

Fear and Ignorance!

Both encouraged and exploited by various menacing insurgent political organisations, both left and right, hoping to gain through the collapse of Democratic Civilisation, so they can replace it with their own perverted, hateful, racist, religious or political ideologies.

To achieve this end they need to create disturbance among the population. They do this by terrorism, false news, lies, rumors, stirring hatred and unrest wherever they find it, encouraging dissatisfaction, stimulating breakdown in public order, distracting police, destructive political activity and crime.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 4, 2018, 12:16 AM
Quote Reply
Okay, I get it, I guess.

You are not concerned about losing your culture. You are not concerned about Islamists and Shariah Law. You believe that the US, or certain factions of the US, is in a conspiracy to destroy your Health Service and your economy.

Good for those who have stopped so many planned terrorist attacks. The slow, quiet invasion of Europe, including your country, is what worries many of us.

Still...I think you missed the point about Robinson. You don't have to think he is worth the oxygen or agree with his tactics in any way. The people who feel that he speaks for them are the ones who matter in this respect.

Speak for yourself on the fear and ignorance. You should be afraid of the Islamists and their slow invasion, as should we. It is ignorance that has allowed it to happen. They have made their mission quite clear to the Western World from their beginning hundreds of years ago. Submission or death is what they offer. Fortunately, the more militant attacks are failing, but to not be wary of the passive invasion is more than ignorant, it is plain stupid.

Here all things white are being attacked and if it is white and Christian that makes for a double whammy. Islam is the darling of the Progressive Left, who twist common sense into such a knot that even many Conservatives fear to untie it. Cowards, as well as stupid.

We have Donald Trump...thank the fates. That gives us a break and a chance to alter the ever increasing speed of the slide we were on.

We will not see eye to eye on this or many subjects, Chris, yet it is not bad to air our differences so readers may know that they exist.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hello Jeanne.

I haven't read Chris' reply yet but have been following the story from Gatestone and a couple of other sources as well. Much has been said about it on Jihad Watch by Robert Spencer and his fellow writers. What you say here is in agreement with all that I have seen. Not only that but, the same kind of thing is taking place in some parts of the USA as well. Islam's goal is world domination and they don't care how they get it. Only the Lord Jesus can stop them completely. He will do that when He returns to establish His Kingdom as the Book of Revelation tells us He will.

Blessings to you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Hello Chris,

Don't worry, I don't subscribe to CBN so, if they are lying, I don't know anything about it. I do check out my sources though and use Wikipedia at times to see what they have to say. Many articles have warnings on them that more resources are needed and/or the article needs further editing. That is why Liberty University refused to accept it as a valid source of information on the papers we had to write. As for Twitter, both twitter and Facebook have been shown to suspend accounts which speak out against Islam. My wife has been put in "Facebook Jail" for some of what she has written there and I expect that someday I might face the same thing. It doesn't matter though. The truth is found in the Bible and I will continue to post as I always do. If they suspend me, that is fine. I can always continue my posts on other sites can't I?

Blessings to you,
Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [Allen4862] Great Britain, the police state... In reply to
The "Tommy Robinson" affair is not over.

Check out this article from The American Thinker

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/06/tommy_robinson_disappears_free_speech_in_england_is_dead.html

From the article:

<<Robinson, a former member of the English Defense League whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, is being unfairly persecuted by the U.K. government. Robinson's "crime" was that he yelled questions outside Leeds Crown Court and named the alleged defendants, like any other reporter. So what? The state broadcaster, the BBC, and the mainstream media had already named them. Why was he arrested, and why were they not arrested?

If gangs of white men had spent decades torturing and raping little Muslim girls and a justly outraged Muslim reporter were covering the case, in a similar manner as Robinson, would he be arrested?

We all know that the answer is "no," and we know why. The U.K. is so invested in its politically correct multiculturalism diversity project that it has applied a different treatment of Muslims under the law, which accepts the diversity of legal systems and places the country on a path toward ruin.
>>

And the ending paragraph:

<<Tommy Robinson represents a large segment of Britain's people, with over 500,000 signatures on a petition already to "Free Tommy." The people sent a clear message on Saturday, May 26, 2018, that they have had enough, as thousands of British people stopped traffic, chanted, and pressed the gates of 10 Downing Street and threw bottles at machine gun-toting policemen. Their anger hung thick in the air, because they want Robinson, at the very least, to be released from prison and allowed to get back to his life and enjoy the same protection and human rights and dignity as Anjem Choudary, the terrorist-supporter, was afforded by the authorities. Short of this, the summer in Britain will turn out to be a season of riots and civil strife, awaiting the spark that moves the good and decent Brits – of a long ancestry dating to 1066 and William the Conqueror – to fight furiously to make their land free once more.>>

We should worry that such politically correct nonsense is growing here.

From the article:

<<Americans should be highly concerned over this case, because the same type of "hate speech laws" used against British citizens are currently being advocated in the U.S. Senate, by Marco Rubio (R), Kamala Harris (D), Susan Collins (R), and Dianne Feinstein (D) and a long list of others. Hillary Clinton pushed the same laws in 2012 and 2015 and 2017. Three similar unconstitutional laws aimed at our First Amendment rights were advanced in our Congress, after being drafted by Emgage USA and the Muslim Public Affairs Council, two Islamic organizations and defenders of designated terrorist organizations and their supporters, according to the Investigative Project on Terrorism. The passage of any such anti-freedom of speech bill would place our country on Britain's same ruinous path.>>

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/06/tommy_robinson_disappears_free_speech_in_england_is_dead.html#ixzz5HsIhraps

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
From Breitbart news here: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2018/06/09/london-massive-crowds-gather-to-hear-geert-wilders-demand-tommy-robinsons-release/

And from the article, Geert Wilders speaks:

<<“Listen to us Theresa May, listen to us Sajid Javid, listen to us Sadiq Khan,” he continued, each name provoking passionate boos.

“Listen to us, all you in power: we want the release of Tommy Robinson!

“Tommy Robinson is the greatest freedom fighter of Britain today. Tommy Robinson is a freedom fighter. He says what no-one dares to say. He has guts. He has courage.

“And that is more than we can say for all those people that govern us. Because our governors sold us out with mass immigration, with Islamisation, with open borders. We are almost foreigners in our own land,” he declared.

“And if we complain about it, they call us racists or ‘Islamophobes’ — but I say, no more. And what do you say?” Wilders asked the assembled crowds.

“No more!” they shouted back.
>>

Whether or not Tommy Robinson dies in prison, he has become a martyr for this cause. Whether or not his past actions and words and associations are known, he has become a martyr for this cause.

Whether or not much of Britain approves or stays silent in fear of approving, the cause is developing into ...something disruptive of the previous norm and attention will have to be paid. When the government keeps ignoring their own people, and seems bent on destroying what the people consider to be the way things should be in the land they call theirs, sooner or later the pot boils over and the people speak.

In the US, government ignored the people who made it run, ignored the people who felt pride in it, ignored tradition and culture of America and seemed intent on destroying what we considered to be the way things should be in the land we called ours. The government and elites put all of America down and raised up classes of people who wanted to claim they were victims of one thing or another and kept stirring the pot telling us that America was no more, was to blame for all things wrong with the world, was failing and those who had made it great were done and wrong and had to shut up and sit down and beg forgiveness and do penance. They attacked our military and law enforcement and they have ruined our public schools to such a degree that several generations of students are spoiled (ruined, dumbed down, disinterested, lazy, uneducated, spineless) as Americans. They are still trying to do that....but the tide is turning.

A blowhard businessman of questionable principles in some matters has turned much around. The usual is not anymore. The normal is not anymore. They don't know how to handle this, not interested to find out how or why it happened and not to learn from it. They are now most likely the ones failing and done. They are not interested in us. They have used us and we have paid them to do it and paid for all their nonsensical notions, as well.

They did not listen and have not listened for some time. I cannot fathom that some ask who will be the Republican nominee for President the next election in 2020. Really? If it isn't Donald Trump, it had better be Mike Pence. If it is Mike Pence, then the VP choice need not be Mit Romney.

When the public spoke in 2010, the elite establishment did not pay attention. When the public spoke in 2016, the elite establishment did not pay attention. When will they? When will they learn from what has been happening? They still seem dumbstruck.

In the UK, this may be the first of a disgruntled public speaking. When will they learn from what has been happening and listen to the public that is angry and confused and feels betrayed by their government? How long will they be dumbstruck as to why?

Italy and a handful of other nations are acting against the recent norm. It will be interesting to notice how this plays out in the EU. Bravo to the brave citizens who will stand up for their own nations and cultures, and against their own governments.

Don't mistake my writings to mean that everything is good and wonderful with nations and their cultures, because it is obviously not. But...what has gone on in the EU and in the US of recent years is deliberate euthanasia of current cultures by the ruling elites even as they raise up some foreign culture that promotes nothing of their traditional national culture. But only for the masses, not the elites, of course. They know best and the people know nothing.

-Jeanne