The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

A good question...

Quote Reply
A good question...
Following the newsfeed on the home page, I was interested in reading the article on Richard Dawkins' concerns about the decline of Christianity, especially in Europe.

Says Dawkins about that decline:

<<Before we rejoice at the death throes of the relatively benign Christian religion, let’s not forget Hilaire Belloc’s menacing rhyme: ‘Always keep a-hold of nurse, For fear of finding something worse.>>

That something worse is Islam, he states, and many atheists agree. Why more do not is a puzzlement, but then most atheists are Progressive Leftists, even if they are not complete Marxists.

From the same article:

<<In July 2017, KPFA Radio in Berkeley, California disinvited Dawkins from an interview because of his past criticisms regarding Islam.
In response, Dawkins asked why there was a double standard when it came to questioning Islam. “Why do you give Islam a free pass? Why is it fine to criticize Christianity but not Islam?”>>

Berkeley! Berkeley disinvited Richard Dawkins, one of the most renowned atheists alive today! Berkeley, in that most confused of states, California! Laugh

Do you think they are full of Conservatives, or Progressives? They should welcome such a person and normally it would be a heralded event for such a Liberal college....but Dawkins holds the WRONG VIEW of not only Islamists, who may be terrorists bent upon jihad, but the darling religion/deity belief of Progressives, Islam. So he must be banned, disinvited, shouted down, shamed and shunned by all good Progressives everywhere.

And...there is that good question; why is it fine to criticize Christianity but not Islam?

Do you think most of Berkeley believes in the ability to think and speak freely when it comes to condemning Christianity and Christians? I would bet so! Even our former president, Barry Obama, reminded Christians that they need to come off their high horse and referenced the Crusades.

Now ....here is a question for Christians, who may be more to the Left than Right; why is is not okay to criticize Islam? Supposedly, over 85% of the US identifies as Christian. Nearly half of those who voted did so for Clinton, an avowed Progressive/Liberal ...and why not say it, a Marxist. The public is getting so much blow-back from Progressives about Islamaphobia and hate-speech and so forth. A large portion of those Progressive bullies, who voted for Clinton, probably call themselves Christian.

What is going on then? Are Progressive Christians fearful of being of the WRONG VIEW if they do not kow-tow to the Liberal forces that are denying free speech and free thought? Are they even willing to let their own religion be destroyed by the ultimate in political correctness?

I know that such would not be "true" Christians, according to some, but...they are not Hindus or Wiccans or atheists. They are Christians.

Are the churches not concerned about Islam as a rival deity belief and religion? If they aren't, then why aren't they? Are the churches trying to make everything nice for the Mohammedists newly come from nations that sponsor terrorism, as many churches are in Europe?

It all fits so nicely into the plan of Communists; destroy this, destroy that, wait patiently and soon the US will fall apart and be destroyed from within. Long term plans. Long, long, long, long term. Waiting like a vulture, here and everywhere.

I am obviously a disturbed conspiracy nut... Or maybe not.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] A good question... In reply to
Wow! This topic has 206 views and nobody has bothered to reply!

Thought I'd bring it up again in the feed. Especially since it segues nicely with my other recent post.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply

Hello Jeanne,

And...there is that good question; why is it fine to criticize Christianity but not Islam?

Research shows that Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world today. If you watch closely, you will also notice that both Facebook and Twitter will suspend or even delete your account for a violation of their terms if you say anything against Islam but they will allow Muslim posts to remain online even if they call for violence against Jews or Christians. I am convinced that this has to do with what is considered 'politically correct.' To speak out against Islam is to be classified as being Islamophobic and in danger of being attacked by Jihadists. Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch has been suspended (placed in "Facebook Jail") several times for his posts and views on his page are down by some 90%. Read his material and you will discover a lot about the Muslims all supported by the Koran. What a world we live in!

Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] A good question... In reply to
Yes, I know Robert Spencer, but he has some unsavory past utterances that make me take his dialogue with a grain of salt, and that is unfortunate because he also continues to call attention to what is occurring.

If it were just him, I would be wary, but it is and has been many more people from around the world and from different cultures, who sound this alarm.

Facebook, Twitter, YouTube...all are toeing the Progressive line. The internet is under attack. Thank goodness the whatchamathingit didn't go through as Obama and other Marxist tyrants wanted.

Or am I forgetting and it did...I am so tired, I can't remember or name it. Laugh

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] A good question... In reply to
Found this new article at "American Thinker" detailing the practice of FaceBook to "shadowbox" Conservative viewpoints, as well as other non-Progressive viewpoints:

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/04/racist_facebook_black_conservatives_diamond_and_silk_unsafe.html

<<…is a chilling reality as social media giant Facebook censors what fans of social media icons Diamond and Silk, aka Lynette Hardaway and her sister Rochelle Richardson, see and hear from this dynamic pair of black conservative women on Facebook. Racism is a term too easily bandied about these days, particularly by social progressives seeking to silence conservative thought and opinion which they deemed inherently racist in their chants of "white privilege."  Yet it is precisely the term liberals would use if, say, Michelle Obama or the likes of Maxine Waters were treated this way, their words censored because they were deemed "unsafe" to the community."  Indeed, Diamond and Silk themselves have raised the possibility that racism might be afoot here:

"You are talking about two people here when you say Diamond and Silk.  We are the brand.  So, when you say things like we are 'not safe' for the community what are you trying to say?  What are you trying to do?  Are you trying to demonize us into something?  Are you stereotyping us?  What are you trying to do here?  Because this doesn't feel right.  This here feels like racism.  The left always cries racism.  I see racism right here.">>

Anyone who is a Conservative has seen this before when Progressive Democrats shout down Black Republicans who are Conservatives and not just those evil White Male Progressive Democrats, either...oh no, Black Progressive Democrats are particularly hateful towards those Conservative Blacks, whom they name "Uncle Toms, Oreos and House Niggers" as if there is ONLY one way that people with dark skin, whether African or not, can consider themselves politically.

But...that is a good question, too. Why can't Blacks be Conservatives and vote Republican? Why are the only "good and intelligent" Blacks Progressive and vote Democrat?

Whoa...we are wandering far afield of the OP, but it is my topic and I say it is okay. We are discussing "good questions" after all.

Maybe this should be a topic that allows any good questions...

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi, Jeanne,
I have read your topics. I'm not sure I follow all of them, but it became apparent to me how different Christianity is from all other religions. All my life, and even before I became a Bible-believing, "card-carrying" Christian I had black "best friends". That is just who I am. We all have faults. The black women I knew were just terribly interesting and seemed to really care for me. And I for them.

I like to think I am without prejudice, but growing up during WWII, I became very angry against the Japanese, especially when they bombed Pearl Harbor. That was a day to remember in my very young life, and it took many, many years before I could even acknowledge, let alone speak to, a "Jap".

Christianity is just different because Christians recognize that "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". Which makes us all "bad", no matter our race or skin color. Recognizing that, I cannot place myself or anyone else on a "higher level". There is none good... no not one!
I don't know if I have explained myself or not... if I have made any addition to this thread... or made any sense of anything except my own personal thoughts. What I love about Praize is that I can say what is on my mind and people can take it or leave it and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference,

What I DO know is that once Jesus came into my life, my life changed and has never been the same. So I pray for all the people that are mentioned on these forums, Christian or not, and pray that they may find the truth so that their lives can be full of understanding and reason and joy. I just want everyone to be happy, and if I can be a part of that... so much the better!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] A good question... In reply to
Hi Sarah.

I don't think you are comprehending my posts at all.

I don't know what to say, except please read them again for comprehension. Or ask specific questions about anything I have written that is obtuse or confusing.

If you think I am being racist against black people, Christians or Muslims, then you are misunderstanding me completely. I was color blind when I was a child, as a Christian and still am as an atheist. I take people as their character indicates, not their color or religion or political leanings, but I do know what Marxists seek to do to the world and to our country and I know what militant Islamists seek to do and those I will judge by their beliefs and convictions.

Ask me what you do not understand from my posts and I will try to explain it better, Sarah.

-Jeanne