The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE WITH CHRISTIANITY NOW?

Quote Reply
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE WITH CHRISTIANITY NOW?
                            I JUST READ THE NEW EDITION OF THE JERUSALEM POST AND ONE OF THE MINISTERS IN GOVERNMENT OF IRAN SWORE THAT IRAN WOULD LEVEL TEL AVIV WHILE NETEN YAHU WAS STILL [N THE CITY.
NUMEROUS OTHERS ARE FREELY ATTACKING THE WALLS AND TUNNELS AROUND JERUSALEM; REMEMBER THE WORD SAID SAID PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM.
THE WARS AND RUMORS OF WARS ARE PREVALENT, NOT A WORD THAT JESUS SPOKE HAS FAILED

M7TH
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE WITH CHRISTIANITY NOW? In reply to
Hi Jim.

Well...the Islamists, those militant Muslims, have been promoting such ideas and actions for decades and Israel has kept the worst at bay. I hope that continues, as I hope that Iran's latest revolution rumblings come to fruition. Whether Iranians succeed and opt for a theology or a more secular government, the revolution leaders are fed up with the constant drumming up of warfare the current leaders have used their country's fortune and citizens for.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE WITH CHRISTIANITY NOW? In reply to
THE POINT OF MY POST IS THAT THERE IS AN ANSWER NOW THAT EXISTED WHEN THE VERSE REFERENCING THIS WAS WRITTEN AND IT WASN'T MYTHICAL IT WAS PART OF THE REALIST TRUTH THIS WORLD WAS TO KNOW
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

I do not understand. How is this any different from Jewish persecution throughout history and the more recent Mohammedist "truth" and jihad that Israel and all Jews must be destroyed?

That is, how is this time and current events any different? What does the world know now that is coming to pass that was foretold by Jesus?

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
JEANNE,
I APPRECIATE AND RESPECT YOU DEEPLY BUT WILL NO LONGER UNDER ANY CONDITION SEEK TO CONTEND WITH YOU ON ANY POINT THAT YOU BRING UP ABOUT THERE BEING AN EXISTANT DIETY OR THE LACK OF ONE. THAT IS YOUR CHOICE OF DIRECTION AND SO BE IT.

MY PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE IS TO GLORIFY HIM (THE LORD), ALABAMA WAS MY FIRST ACQUAINTANCE WITH A REALITY CALLED GOD BEGAN IN THE HILL COUNTRY OF ALABAMA. AT THE END OF THE DAY THE HANDS USED TO GATHER AROUND THE BIG FIRE THAT HAD COOKED SUPPER AND JUST IN A QUIET SUBDUED WAY BEGIN TO WORSHIP THE LORD.

THE SMOKE FROM THE FIRE DRIFTED THROUGH THE NIGHT SKY BUT THAT WAS NOT ALL THAT WAS THERE FOR THAT PRAYER TIME. THERE WAS WORSHIP AND INTERCESSION BEFORE THE LORD FOR MANY NEEDS THAT I AM SURE WERE MET.
FOR ME TO TRY TO PAINT THIS PICTURE WITH WORDS IS QUITE USELESS BECAUSE TO SEE THE BEAUTY OF WHAT THE LORD WAS DOING NEEDED TO BE SEEN NOT TOLD.
I ONCE HEARD A WHITE MAN OF SOME EDUCATION TRY TO EXPLAIN TO ONE OF THE HANDS HOW BELIEVING IN A GOD WAS USELESS, THE HAND IN A KIND ALL KNOWING WAY JUST SMILED AND SAID YOU KNOW YOURS MAY BE USELESS BUT MY GOD IS ALIVE AND WELL
RIGHT NOW THE FIGURES SHOW THERE ARE 10 TO 1 AGAINST THOSE THAT DON'T ACCEPT
GOD IS A REALITY.
IT'S STILL YOUR CHOICE IAM WITH THE MAJORITY

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Mar 4, 2018, 12:28 PM
Quote Reply
Jim, I fail to understand why you cannot clarify your post. These are forums, which by definition invite replies to OPs, which start the topic.

When I wondered how the persecution of Jews was any different now then from decades past, I did not mention anything about disbelief, but asked what the world is having revealed to it now that was foretold by Jesus and why that truth is more true now than at any other time. Do you not think that some Christian readers might also wonder that?

Yes, Christianity is still the largest religion in the world, Islam is next and gaining...but when the number of Christians is compared to the number of those who are non-Christians, it is Christians at 2.3 Billion and non-Christians at 5.11 Billion, hardly a majority of the world's peoples.

These are the numbers in 2015 according to Pew Research, which may be found at this site:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/04/05/christians-remain-worlds-largest-religious-group-but-they-are-declining-in-europe/

There are also other interesting findings from this study, such as, natural increase/decrease (birth and deaths) and majority age of members of a religion.

This report was released in 2017 from statistics gathered in 2015. Perhaps there is a more recent study, but I suspect the trend continues.

When comparing the number of Jews in the world, it is dumbfounding why some people, especially Islamist think and believe and take action that indicates they must be obliterated around the world. What sort of religion/government is that to be reliant upon the annihilation of a tiny, tiny portion of the peoples of a certain religion? Well...we know, I suppose, and we also know that Islamists seek the destruction of all who are not the correct form of Islam, as well. A truly evil belief system and theocracy, which would fail if the so-called moderate Muslims would seek a reformation...a complicated mess that threatens much of the world's people and their societies.

As an atheist, I can only hope that Christianity and the other non-violent world religions and fellow "Unaffiliateds" will overtake Islam's militant beliefs through natural means or conversion. An important part of the study recognized that Europe is failing mostly due to low births and high deaths of Christians in relation to the high births and low deaths of Muslims.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE WITH CHRISTIANITY NOW? In reply to
A couple of studies, including Pew, have indicated that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and that it is growing faster than the world's population is growing, while Christianity is declining. By 2070, Islam will be the dominant religion in the world.

Again, most of this is due to natural growth (births/deaths) and you will be glad to hear that the Unaffiliated are also declining.

-Jeanne