The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS!

Quote Reply
OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS!
You all saw the video on TV of those three girls leaving England to go join Isis.

I remember when I was their age. I was a junior in colllege in Ohio. My best friend and I were talking about moving to Texas and living with family she had there. THAT was our big escape plan. Oh, how far we have fallen that now girls go to college to prepare to kill and maim. Heart rending! What if that was your daughter?

And then we have that clip on TV from Saturday Night Live where the father is dropping his daughter off and she gets in a truck full of miitants. How are we raising our kids these days? Do I blame the parents? How much blame can go to them? How about the school? God is no longer in the schools, remember? And where is God in all of this? How much worse will it get (how many more will lose their lives) before it is over?

How does something like this end?
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Mar 3, 2015, 8:06 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS! In reply to
Sarah, I have been reading about the UK's struggle to inform ...targeted (?) populations within the country about the realities their young people face should they be swayed by the lure of ISIS to leave their homes and make the trek to fulfill jihad. And...yet, some in the UK say the government is not doing enough to prevent their youth from this journey. They blame the government for not saving their children.

Those two boys who were recently sentenced to 12 years (I think)...their families are upset with the government. But..what they did was to commit treason, which is punishable by death. What? Citizens have forgotten about that? Young people don't know about treason? It was not a mistake or a lark or a vacation....it was treason.

ISIS spins their story to appeal to the disenfranchised, the disenchanted, the unemployed, the seekers of justice and glory. They are the biggest, baddest fight against the evil West and their plan to first conquer the area and then the globe is the only one making any traction. ISIS is marketing themselves very well and it is paying off in the thousands of new recruits coming from all over. ISIS tells the rest of us exactly what they are doing and why they are doing it. ISIS is trying to bring on the last battle and thereby bring back the 12th Imaan...the Mahdi.

What young and adventurous and faithful Muslim would not want to be a part of that? This is not something only believed by extremists, who haven't crawled out of the Middle Ages, yet.

ISIS is following the playbook of Mohammed in all their psychotic behavior and it has a real purpose.

How is a Muslim family to keep their children away from a jihad trek to join ISIS?

I would suggest that it starts at home. Choose your Mosque carefully. Watch your children carefully, know who their friends are. Talk with them about your beliefs, your values, and your opinions about Islamic extremists, such as, ISIS.

Until Muslims accept that they hold the key to a Muslim Renaissance (I should have used the term reformation here), there is not going to be one. If moderate and secular-leaning Muslims are afraid to be targeted and killed because of their views and they say and do nothing to make a change, what can all the infidels in the world do? We are fit only for slaughter or slavery, all to further the cause of an Islamic Caliphate.

Do we want to be drawn into a war with ISIS if we know they are seeking global chaos...the bloodier, the better? If not a World War, then how do we "diminish and degrade" ISIS as a threat to peace in the region?

Trouble is most young girls end up as slaves at best and sex slaves at worst. Most young men have little better in store for them. ISIS is not Camp Jihad, where warriors for Mohammed are trained to leadership roles. They use people anyway they want for the purpose of the cause. And that may be to be blown-up or used as cannon fodder in other ways. It is not glorious, except to the true fanatics.

The Islamic State and Iran and all other Islamic extremist groups are the biggest threat to the world and should they get nuclear capability, then that will be the end of what passes for peace on the planet. I shudder to think that countries, such as, China, North Korea or Russia might believe that if they help the Islamists they will gain power over them after using them.

We are at a critical time in history, whether one believes or not.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."

Last edited by:

jeanne53: Mar 6, 2015, 1:38 PM
Quote Reply
Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [SharonkFisher] OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS! In reply to
What really bothers me is that no one has answered this forum in three years! How much better or worse are we today than we were then.

I have a Pastor friend in Africa who has moved twice in the past few months to try to avoid being killed by the muslims. How far do they have to go, Lord, before You say, "Enough!"?
I'm beginning to get a little frightened by all that is happening...
Quote Reply
Re: [Sarah-OP] OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS! In reply to
Hi Sarah.

Just remember that Muslims also kill their own that are not the right sort of Muslim.

And Christians have been killing Muslims in Central Africa and Buddhists have been killing both Christians and Muslims in Myanmar. Refugees have been fleeing this countries for a year or more.

It has less to do with deity belief and more to do with...I don't know intolerance of the other, promoting only the national religion, protecting a nation? Hate? Revenge?

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS! In reply to
Reading this stuff, and looking at the world today.......... I am SO glad that I was brought up in the forties and fifties. That was a time when things were different. Most mothers stayed home while dad's went off to work. And there was only one female parent in the home and one male parent. And each knew their roles.

I am really kind of sick with what is going on in the world today. I'm glad that I believe in Jesus. I am glad that I hear God when He speaks. I am glad that I am older and won't have to live through the changes that are still to come. And yet I am excited to learn what is yet going to happen. It is a crazy time to live. You'd better hope and pray that Jesus is Lord and that God is in ultimate control. Otherwise there is no hope for this country. Left to itself the world can only go down hill.
Quote Reply
killings of the "other" today and historically... In reply to
Hi Sarah.

I understand that such atrocities going on are disturbing. But...this sort of horror is nothing new in the history of humanity, and while it may be on a larger scale than the killing of the "other" in what we refer to as the "animal kingdom," there is horror there, as well.

We are just more advanced in our need to eliminate the other and more foolish in our reasons to do so.

There is no time when it would have been "safe" to be brought up. This time is just more available to us as news and awareness.

In the 40s and 50s, the common people busy with supporting families just weren't aware of the horrors of their day. Now..we are.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hello Sarah,
We can blame this on a lot of things. Example, Parent aren't teaching or controlling their children as they should. Liberals ae trying to overthrow America and the true goal of Islam is world dominance at any cost. Truthfully, we are already at war with Islam and simply don't want to admit it because we don't want to be called Islamophobic.
I recently read about a 9 year old girl beaten t death with plastic chairs, leather straps and kicked etc. Who was guilty? Her father. Why? She misquoted the Koran. Her stepmother was arrested to but released. In my opinion, that man deserves the same treatment he gave his daughter.
I also support President Trump in his immigration policy and decision to keep Gitmo open. We can not give in or negotiate with terrorists and any Muslim who really follows he Koran is a terrorist at heart. It commands them to kill those who are Christian or Jewish and refuse to become under subjection to their law.
Have no fear though. God is in control and, it is all moving towards the plan He has for this world. These nations will continue to attack Israel ad someday, Jesus will return to establish His Kingdom and they will be destroyed. During that battle, blood will flow to the height of a horses bridle. It definitely will not end as they want it to end.
God bless,
Allen
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] OMG! My daughter has gone to ISIS! In reply to
Hi Allen.

I, also, support President Trump and his administration as they try to prepare an immigration plan that protects our nation, while allowing immigrants who wish to assimilate. It is not going to be the plan that was wanted by Conservatives, who elected him, but it is a good start.

ISIS has lost much of its strength, Iran is facing a new revolution from its most devout base fed up with the corruption of their leaders and the squandering of funds on war, Muslim women are resisting and America is withholding funding from terrorist-friendly nations, such as Pakistan.

Islamists, however, continue toward a goal of making the EU a Muslim dominant area, with both passive and violent means and most of the EU is allowing it to happen. They are actually gaining power and territory where ISIS has lost, much like the Communists have done in the USA. They bragged of taking over America without ever firing a shot in actual war. And...we were heading to that final goal of the Communists; it was within their grasp and I believe a Clinton presidency might have sealed the deal for a long time.

Israel is gaining and a different direction is indicated for the Middle East, I believe. I hope the progress continues to defeat the Islamist Extremists and in doing so, I hope that Muslims who have been fearful of Sharia enveloping them are freed to practice their faith as they believe it to be and not as ISIS and other militant nut jobs would have it be. I admit that their understanding is closer to Mohammad's commands and directions, but as much has been diminished of the Bible by moderate Christians, so has much been diminished of the Koran and Hadith by moderate Muslims.

There is no changing of atrocities and troubles in this era, as it is just more of the same from humans disagreeing and hating each other. When has it ever been different in history? We just know so much more about what happens now...and instantly. Plus, there is instant reaction from all over about events, some of it true, some false and some just rushed and, therefore, faulty with faulty judgment before all the facts are known.

You have a right as an individual to believe whatever you want. I hope your life is settled by that belief and it gives you hope and peace. The rest of us have to muddle through with hopes that enough of humanity wants to end the cycle of distrust and hatred and revenge and desire for dominance by political or religious fanatics enough to make for our descendants a future without it all.

-Jeanne

Last edited by:

jeanne53: Feb 15, 2018, 6:33 AM