The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

The Passion of the Christ

Quote Reply
The Passion of the Christ
Is the Passion of the Christ movie meant for Roman Catholics or is it for both Protestants and Catholics?

http://spiritualawareness.expertscolumn.com/.../spiritual-awareness
Quote Reply
Re: [slaneymark30] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST WAS NOT LIMITED TO JUST ONE GROUP BUT HE WAS A GIFT FOR SIN NO, MATTER WHERE IT OCCURS.
M7TH
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
Hi Jim.

He is talking about the movie directed by Mel Gibson, called "The Passion of the Christ." Remember it was all spoken in Aramaic with subtitles in different languages. I didn't see it, but it was supposed to be very graphic. Gibson was sent into a well of depression and alcohol abuse and nutty behavior over the reception his movie got, especially from Jews. He has only recently gotten over the whole thing and has made a comeback, especially with his recent movie, "Hacksaw Ridge."

Kudos to him for straightening out his life. He is a talented actor and director, but he needs to keep himself clean and straight.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
I really enjoyed that movie. but am wondering if it is ok for a born again child of God to get too depress as was his case to the extent of falling into the sin of drunkenness ?

My understanding is that, God did not promise His children heaven on earth before rapture, but will always deliver whenever we find ourselves in unpleasant circumstances as indicated in the below verses.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,or I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched ...

Blessings - Maranatha

Joshua
mjn

Last edited by:

ngwang: Aug 13, 2017, 12:38 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
  THE MOVIE MAY HAVE BROUGHT CONVICTION ABOUT HIS CURRENT INFIDELITIES BECAUSE OF THE SCRIPTURE USED BUT THE MOVIE WASN'T HIS MAJOR PROBLEM.
THE SPIRIT OF GOD WAS VERY STRONG ON THE SET; JIM CALVEZIEL WHO WAS CHRIST IN THE FILM WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED ON THE SET AND APPEARED TO BE ON DEATH'S BED UNTIL
AFTER PRAYER BY NUMEROUS GROUPS HE RECOVERED.
SARAH AND JIM HAD HIS TESTIMONY IN PRAIZE SEE IF THEY WILL EMAIL IT TO YOU
M7T

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Aug 14, 2017, 6:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ngwang] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
Joshua, it is good to see you posting here on Praize. I just want my friends to know that you and I have been friends here for many years. I hope you will be able to participate often.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [ngwang] The Passion of the Christ In reply to
Hi Joshua and welcome.

Mel Gibson is still a devout Catholic, I think. I know this film was something he poured himself into and he was stunned in his own words by the backlash, personal attacks, including being spat upon. He already had problems with alcohol and self-medicated his mood swings, so it is no wonder why he spiraled further down.

Most people like this have to go all the way down before they take stock and seek help in all ways and begin the climb back up to healthy thinking and living. He has done it and I wish him luck in continuing to be clean and sober.

Hollywood is very rough on its people.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

I had read about that. It is amazing what actors are willing to do to their bodies and minds in order to play the character they are paid to be. Crazy

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
You can still see Jim Calveziel on Praize by clicking on Multiple Ministries on the upper right side of Praize home page under Teachers. When it comes up, scroll down and you will see his picture on the left side. It is quite awesome to watch, I suggest you look at it.
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Aug 14, 2017, 6:55 PM