The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

REMEMBER SARAH AND JIM----EXTREME WEATHER IN ARIZONA

Quote Reply
REMEMBER SARAH AND JIM----EXTREME WEATHER IN ARIZONA
THE PHEONIX AREA AND OTHERS HAVE RECEIVED MORE THAN 1 1/2 INCHES PER HOUR OVER THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS AND MOST OF THE SOUTHERN AREA OF THE STATE IS UNDER SEVERAL FEET OF WATER FROM FLASH FLOODS. THIS WEATHER IS FORECAST TO CONTINUE THROUGH THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS
PRAY FOR THE AREA
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] REMEMBER SARAH AND JIM----EXTREME WEATHER IN ARIZONA In reply to
Yes, we are in the monsoon season, which is always dangerous to many.
Nevertheless, the Lord has always answered our prayers for safety during the rainy times. He always answers our prayers. We love Him SO much for His goodness to us.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] REMEMBER SARAH AND JIM----EXTREME WEATHER IN ARIZONA In reply to
When m7thprophet first began this thread, I know he was not thinking of my post, but I feel that this is the perfect place for it.

We have been having HOT weather for several weeks, and I know it will last for many more. I never had much of a problem with heat before, but this is a different year, and I am another year older. I know that there are many elderly people living here in the city, and they may need more help than they ask for or than newscasters think to suggest for them.

Some of you may or may not know that my husband is working away from home building a hotel in a neighboring town. That means that I and my guard dog spend the week together.

Yesterday morning I was feeling fine until I walked to the mailbox, which is approximately two hundred feet from my front door. As I began the walk home, my legs began to ache, seriously. The closer I got to home, the worse became the ache until I could hardly walk in the front door. I did not know what was wrong or what to do about it. I got in the house and sat down with a bottle of water and waited. Jim and I talked on the phone and decided that he should come home as it didn't seem good for me to be here alone... even with my emergency pager and cell phone. What really bothered me was that I didn't know what was causing the problem.

This morning I woke up with a serious pain in my right hip but my calves were clear. Jim was staying home to take care of whatever I might need. I called the chiropractor early and he agreed to see me. In our discussion with him, it seemed that my problem was not enough electrolytes in my body to hold the water in. I had never paid much attention to this situation before. I always felt I drank sufficient water as I always carry a bottle with me.

Long story short, We bought more Gatorade and also electrolyte drops, bananas and apples things to hold peanut butter - all with the thought of keeping electrolytes in my body to maintain a higher water level. I had never thought about anything like this, but as a result, I want us to think about praying for other old folks as they might get pain like this and not know what to do about it. I know I never thought about it before, even when hearing about the heat in other states of other countries. So let's think of our brothers and sisters in other countries where they have outlandish heat. It never hurts to pray for others.
Blessings ~ Sarah