The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY?

Quote Reply
FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT FAITH IN A CREATOR GOD THAT ISN'T VISIBLE?
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY? In reply to
Faith of God for truth and reality. now is dependent on your mind and how much you rely on the Word of God to be true in all of it's aspects. I can hear some of you SAYING so what all believers in Christ do that.
No not really;you would be shocked at the number of church regulars that go to church because of the opinion most people form about them
they coat and clothes that they keep clean just for Sunday to make sure that they give the right impression. For some it has been eons since the last time they were aware of the presence of the Lord.
Can you imagine living like a Christian without any knowledge of the reality of the Lord? I can not conceive of that kind of loneliness.
To have the Lord in YOUR life, a reality of faith is essential;read this,Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He exists and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
FROM THE MEV
M7TH
LOVE IN THE LORD.
Quote Reply
Jim, I picked up on something you said that I want to comment on:

Can you imagine living like a Christian without any knowledge of the reality of the Lord?

I think that happens more than you realize, especially in the case of children. Children go to church and they hear "things" about God, but they don't understand them, so they modulate their understanding into something that works for them. For example, after my father died, I hear "Our Father, which art in heaven". So I talked to my daddy in heaven. I had no idea of "God". Even though I went to church I had no idea of what God or "a god" was. I talked to my father who was in heaven, not my Father!

I don't know when I made the change to understanding about an awesome God. I do know that I knew of Him a long time before I gave my life to Him. Nobody explained to me what it meant to be His child. I'm not sure I still understand all that it means to be His child. I think it means more than I can truly imagine. I expect I will find out one day in the not to distant future exactly what it means and that it will mean more than I could ever consider. But in the meantime, there ARE those that go to church either occasionally or often that truly think they are doing something right, but really have no idea that they are completely off base.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY?---FAITH HEBREWS11:6 In reply to
WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO KNOW THE REALITY THERE IS IN THE LORD. SOME PEOPLE HAVE CALLED JESUS THEIR LORD FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAVE KNOWN HIM PERSONALLY IN A FIRST NAME BASIS WITH HIM.THOUSANDS ACCORDING TO CBN HAVE MET HIM PERSONALLY IN CUBA WITH THE MILLIONS WHO HAVE NEVER KNOWN THE SENSE OF HIS PRESENCE IN THEIR LIVES.ARE MEETING HIM FIRST HAND
IN THIS PERIOD BEFORE HE RETURNS MANY ARE GETTING TO THE POSITION OF HAVING A FIRST TIME ACQUAINTENCE WITH HIM,AND LEARNING WHAT IT MEANS TO CALL OUT MY JESUS I LOVE YOU. YOU SEE BECAUSE OF THEIR NEW FOUND FAITH NO ONE CAN TAKE IT AWAY FROM THEM.

FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST IS THE ONLY TRUE REALITY THAT MANY HAVE NOWANDD THEY WILL NOT RELEASE IT FOR NOTHING.BEGINNING FIR
FAITH IS SECURE KNOWLEDGE OF AN INDIVIDUAL KNOWING YOU WILL NEVER BE FAILED. BEING ABLE TO READ HIS WORD, SECURE IN THE KNOWLEDGE OF ISAIAH 55:11 --HIS WORD IS NOT EMPTY
HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU TALKED TO THAT A GRAVE SITE IS THE END OF ALL THINGS FOR THEM.
WHILE FOR THE BELIEVER IT IS JUST A TRANSITION AND NEW HOME IN THE LORD
WHAT IS FAITH ---IT IS THE EXPECTANCY OF THE LORD TO BE WITH YOU IN ALL THINGS
.HEB. 11:6
M7TH
IN HIS LOVE TO ALL
Quote Reply
WE ARE SECURELY GUARDED BY GOD’S POWER THROUGH FAITH (1:5).

“Protected” is a military term (see 2 Cor. 11:32) that implies that those who are born again are under enemy attack. Satan wants to keep us from gaining our inheritance. But we are surrounded by a garrison of troops conducting us with safe passage to the place where our eternal inheritance awaits us. But it is no vulnerable earthly army that protects us—it is the very power of God! What could be more powerful than the power of the God who spoke the universe into existence! Thus we are guarded for our salvation.
When Peter says that our salvation is “ready to be revealed in the last time,” he means that we now only enjoy a small part of what God has laid in store for us. We couldn’t even begin to comprehend it all, but we can trust God that it will be far better than we can imagine. Heaven will not be the boring picture you see in cartoons—sitting around on clouds in white robes strumming harps forever. The creative God who made such a complex universe that modern science cannot even begin to figure it out can keep us creatively engaged throughout eternity.
Our salvation is ready to be revealed, like a statue waiting to be unveiled. The word “ready” is also used in 1 Peter 4:5 to warn that God is ready to judge the living and the dead. The future holds one or the other for every person: Either you wait to see the veil lifted on your salvation, or you wait to face God in judgment. Both are prepared. What determines your future is seen in the phrase, “through faith.” We receive God’s salvation and live the Christian life through faith.
Maybe you’re thinking, “I only wish I could have that kind of faith, but I don’t!” Ah, but you do! You have plenty of faith. The problem is, you’re putting it in the wrong object if it is not in the Lord Jesus Christ and what He did for you on the cross. If your faith is not in Him, then it is in yourself or in some god of your own making. If your faith is in yourself, then you’re saying, “I believe that I’m a good enough person to get to heaven by my own efforts.” That’s tremendous faith, but it’s placed on a very faulty and inadequate object.
God says that no flesh will boast in His sight. If you could get to heaven by your own good works, then you could boast in yourself. But God alone is worthy of glory. So He humbles us by making us let go of all trust in ourselves. We must cast ourselves completely on His great mercy. We cannot do this in and of ourselves. He must impart saving faith to us, which humbles our pride and gives all the glory to what God has done in Jesus Christ. Thus God has ordained that we receive His salvation by faith, not in ourselves, but in Christ alone. We live the Christian life in the same manner, trusting each day in what Christ is to us and what He has done for us. Those who have tasted of His mercy will persevere in faith until that great day when faith becomes sight.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY? In reply to
I TAKE IT THAT YOU ARE CONVINCED THAT FAITH IS REAL AND WORKS
Quote Reply
The Bible is full of examples of people who were justified by faith. Also John 20:29 reads, "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." I have never seen Christ but, I accept Him based upon the evidence of the Word of God and through faith in His death burial and resurrection. I know my salvation is secure and He has put me through some tests in life but has never failed to meet my needs. Yes, faith in an invisible Creator/Savior works. Hebrews 11:6 says, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."
ALF
Quote Reply
Re: [ASCombs2662] FAITH---ASSURANCE OR INSTABILITY? In reply to
FINALLY I AM SEEING SOME OF THE MINISTRY I KNEW WAS THERE

GOOD WORD BROTHER

M7TH
Quote Reply
Abraham is another example. He obeyed God, left His home and family to go to an unknown land. He also believed God would resurrect Isaac from the dead if necessary to fulfill His promise to him when commanded to sacrifice him.