The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!!

Quote Reply
THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!!
IT WILL BE VERY POPULAR TO MAKE NEGATIVE STATEMENTS ABOUT OUR PRESIDENT OR MR. COMEY.
WHATEVER YOU MIGHT CHOOSE TO SAY MAY WELL BE TRUE BUT WE MUST ASK THIS QUESTION ARE ANY NEGATIVE DESCRIPTIONS OR FOUR LETTER WORDS NECESSARY? WILL THEY CHANGE WHAT IS HAPPENING OR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ACCOMPLISHED SOME THING?
AMERICA NEEDS TRUTH AND THE CLEAR WAY OF HONOR TO IT.WE NEED MEN WITH SELF RESPECT WHO KNOW WHAT INTEGRITY IS AND THAT WILL LEAD WITHOUT EVERY WORD THEY SPEAK BEING QUESTIONED. IT IS VERY CLEAR THAT THE PRESIDENT AND THE PEOPLE BEHIND MR.COMEY HAVE THE SPIN DOCTORS WORKING OVERTIME. IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT A SPIN DOCTOR IS; THEY USUALLY ARE A SMALL GROUP OF POLITICAL ANALYSTS THAT PUT SPIN OR LIES ABOUT A SITUATION TO MAKE ACCEPTABLE TO THE PEOPLE AFFECTED.
VERY SELDOM DO THEY PUT THE TRUTH FORWARD BECAUSE THE TRUTH DOESN'T USUALLY WIN ISSUES WITH THE VOTERS.

WHAT IS THE WAY OF THE LORD? THE BIBLE IS HIS ONLY WAY BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY OF TRUTH. THERE IS AN OLD SAYING AND A SONG THAT GOES WITH IT( THE WAY OF THE CROSS LEADS HOME)!!!!!!!!!!!!
M7TH
PRAYING FOR AMERICA
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
IN THE NEXT ARITICLE I WILL BE WRITING MORE ABOUT THE END AND WHERE I THINK AMERICA IS GOING.
IF YOU HAVE EVER PRAYED FOR COUNTRIES PRAY NOW FOR THE U.S., BRITIAN AND FRANCE. THEY AREE IN THE CROSSHAIRS FOR THE TERRORISTS

REEMEBER WITH THE TOURISTS CENTER HERE IN THE ORLANDO AREA IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO KILL THOUSANDS IN ONE ATTACK.
PRAYER IS THE KEY TO HEAVEN BUT FAITH (EXPECTANCY) UNLOCKS THE DOOR.

M7TH
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
I want to make a suggestion to the prayer warriors here on Praize:

Write your prayers for the civilized world today. It only takes a few minutes more than just speaking them or thinking them. I want us to see how Abba hears and answers us. If we write them, we can see that. This is a very important time for our country and the world. Our prayers are critical. We will never know how awesome is our God if we don't write what we pray and SEE them answered.

If you like, start a forum under Prayers and let's watch Father answer!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
I thought this message from the Desk of John MacArthur might be relevant to your post.

From John's Desk

Dear Friend,
Occasionally you may hear someone criticize a pastor for being too doctrinal and not practical enough in his sermons. While I certainly want people to practice what they are learning from God’s Word, and have no problem with the idea of practical Bible teaching per se, I utterly reject the notion that doctrinal preaching and practical preaching are somehow at odds with each other.
Doctrine—simply what the Bible teaches—is inherently and unavoidably practical. Right or wrong, our understanding of Bible doctrine is always and inevitably practical. You cannot separate your doctrinal belief from your practice. That’s why handling Scripture with precision is so important—what we’re engaged in is no mere academic exercise.
Consider for a moment how eternally consequential having an accurate understanding of Bible doctrine is. Holy Scripture is where we find truth about the origin of the universe, the nature of God and man, sin, redemption, morality, family, work, ministry, heaven, judgment, and eternity. It’s all there. The Bible contains everything pertaining to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). Get doctrine wrong—even unwittingly—and you do so at your peril.
Yet if you’ve browsed a typical Christian bookstore, watched the popular religious TV networks, searched the Internet for the answer to a biblical question, or struggled to find a faithful church to join, you have experienced the doctrinal famine of modern evangelicalism. The in-depth teaching of truth has been maligned as outdated, impractical, and unhelpful, and has been supplanted by teaching and ministry philosophies that are light on truth but heavy on cleverness, technique, emotional manipulation, entertainment value, and, in many cases, outright error. Saturated by the shallow spiritual environment, many believers are left confused, spiritually stunted, ineffective in the battle with sin, and poorly equipped to minister to others.
Some might question whether teaching doctrine, opening up the meaning of the Bible verse by verse, is really the best, most direct, most practical way to help people thrive spiritually.
Our response is an emphatic yes. Put simply, the work of the Holy Spirit is to conform believers to Christ. The Holy Spirit does that work not in a vacuum; not by intuition, personal revelation, or mystical experience; and not through memorable illustrations and compelling testimonies.
The Holy Spirit does His work in the believer through a right understanding of Scripture. That’s why in the Bible, being filled with the Holy Spirit and letting the Word of Christ dwell in us richly are described as parallel realities. The Holy Spirit does His sanctifying work through the Word. Their functions are inseparable. Show me a Christian who is healthy, growing in the likeness of Christ, and increasing in kingdom usefulness, and I’ll show you a Christian who is feeding deeply on Bible doctrine.
The enormously important, intensely personal, life-transforming ministry of teaching Bible doctrine is what Grace to You exists to fulfill—and what your support helps make a reality. We receive letters all the time in response to our efforts. While some folks write to let us know how we’ve helped them better understand a passage or doctrine, many others share what happened next—the consequence. They share how the Lord has used His Word to transform them. How they’ve forsaken sin and embraced the true gospel. How they’ve been equipped to evaluate and respond to trials biblically. How they have grown in their ability to minister to others. While our focus is on teaching Bible doctrine, the stories we hear in response often reflect profound, personal, spiritual change.
Thank you for your commitment to biblical truth and to furthering the glorious mission to which God has called us: “Unleashing God’s Truth, One Verse at a Time.” You have been, and are, an instrument in His hands through your support.
Love in the Truth,

John MacArthur
Pastor-Teacher
Quote Reply
This is an interesting forum.
Have you seen the theater using Pres. Trump as Caesar. I personally thin that it is over the top. Someone said that the same play was done several years ago using Pres. Obama as Caesar and he, of course, also was murdered. I think these situation are a sad cry to what has happened in our country today. We have no sense of moral discipline. I think it goes back to the break-up of the family. We no longer have any morals in our country.

This forum is called "The Church Today and Where We Are Going..." I believe the church is growing smaller and smaller. I think where it is going is down hill! And people have no one to blame except themselves and their families. (I put myself in this group.) We left our families and didn't raise our children to "know the Lord", and next thing you know, they have left God. Now all we can do is pray that they will somehow return.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
You are very right Sarah. We need a great revival in this country, That won't come unless we fall on our knees, submit to God and pray that it begins in our own hearts and lives.
Quote Reply
MY CHRISTIAN EXPERIENCE BEGAN THROUGH PARENTS WHO DIDN'T ALLOW ANY OPINIONS ABOUT RIGHT OR WRONG BUT THEIRS. I WASN'T CONSULTED ON THE VALUE OF GOING TO CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY OR WHENEVER THEY HAD SERVICE AND MOM WANTED TO GO.IF MOM SAID GO WE ALL WENT INCLUDING DAD..
DURING THIS TIME SOMETHING BEGAN TO GET HOLD OF MY HEART THAT I COULDN'T EXPLAIN BUT I KNEW I HAD TO GET INTO SERVICE BECAUSE IT JUST SEEMED TO BE ALL OVER ME.
BEFORE LONG I WAS PRAYING FOR CHRISTIAN PEOPLE IN THE ALTAR. I PROGRESSED FROM A SELF PROCLAIMED ATHEIST TO A SPIRIT FILLED BELIEVER IN LITTLE MORE THAN TWO YEARS.

AT THE END OF THIS PERIOD THE LORD BEGAN TO DEAL WITH ME ABOUT A TYPE OF MINISTRY AND IT WAS PREPARING THE GARMENT OF THE BRIDE. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THE DESCRIPTION OF THE BRIDES APPEARENCE IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION? IF YOU ARE A BELIEVER AND NEVER PUT ANY THOUGHT TO THIS DO SO AND YOU WILL SEE YOURSELF AS THE LORD SEES YOU I ASSURE YOU IT WILL BE A HUMBLING EXPERIENCE TO REALLY SEE WHAT GOD SEES IN YOU.
YOU KNOW SOMETHING ELSE IN PAUL'S WRITING TO THE CHURCH AT CORINTH HE CALLS YOU HIS AMBASSADORS;THEY ARE EMPOWERED REPRESENTATIVES. YOU HAVE WORD, HIS NAME AND HIS
AUTHORITY,WE ARE HIS REPRESENTATIVES... THINK ABOUT IT
MORE TO COME
M7TH
IN CHRIST,S LOVE

Last edited by:

m7thprophet: Jun 13, 2017, 1:01 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
Sarah and others: Hi.

I have no idea what play you refer to Sarah, being as I am, on the other side of the big pond, but which Caesar is being referenced here? I assume Julius Caesar, (assassinated by Brutus and others on the Ides of March, (15th), according to Shakespeare).

Political satire is a necessary freedom in any healthy democracy. If the object of the satirists ire has switched from one president in office to another equally open to lampooning, (and in Trump that is so easy), that should be no surprise surely. Political sensitivities are now polar reversed and those in ‘power’ must get used to being satirized by those no longer in ‘power’ or risk curtailing ‘free speech’, in order to retain their imagined dignity.

"The Church Today and Where We Are Going…"

I believe the church today is growing bigger and bigger, because it is still invisibly and imperceptibly ‘leavening the meal’. Luke 13:21. It may seem to us who see the world still ‘going its own way’, as if the church is losing a battle, but in fact God knows that the advances are made where and when the enemy least expects. Western ‘civilization’ is decadent and corrupt, but there are still many, many righteous people known to God who constitute the ‘salt’ that preserves mankind from final immediate, judgement. Mark 9:50. While there are but 10 righteous persons on Earth, God will not destroy it. Gen. 18:16-33. Jonah 3:10 - 4:11. (Unless God has changed His ways since Abraham’s and Jonah’s time). As the population of the earth grows, it might appear that ‘the church’ is losing ground and things are getting worse and worse and the devil is winning. That is just what he wants us all to believe, and many in the USA seem to have taken his bait ‘hook, line and sinker’. Satan is the most accomplished spin doctor and pervert of the truth. He is the EXPERT at disseminating 'fake news'. The fact is that ‘the church’ leaven has always been much smaller than the ‘measures of meal’ it is mixed in with, but the whole lump of dough will eventually and imperceptibly be completely 'leavened'. Matt. 13:33.

Salt improves the taste of food, but only up to the point that it becomes TOO salty. To do its preservation and flavoring work well, salt needs to be sparingly applied. The whole world does not need to become 'salt', but the church needs to retain its 'saltiness'. That is the responsibility of 'the individual' members of it. They are either 'rooted in the vine' or 'cast off from it'. John 15:1-12.

Don’t underestimate the influence that righteous people can have, if they stay true to the teachings of their Master and Lord in their daily journey through life. The church is not and never has been, a ‘Policeman’ to impose the Law or merely serve as an example of 'righteousness in accordance with The Law'. It is a Prophet, proclaiming Hope to a lost and rebellious world, in the name of Jesus Christ. We are lepers telling the starving where to find food. 2 Kings 7:1-20.

We should not lose hope or falter in our faithfulness to the teaching of Jesus Christ. Luke 8:8. That is the way to fulfill his prediction for His Church. ‘The gates of hell itself will not stand against it.’ Matt. 16:18.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 13, 2017, 2:07 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
Thanks for this, Chris. It was very reassuring.

I am really having to pray more (harder) than ever before. The things that are being shown on TV are more heinous than ever before. Apparently someone feels we need to see all that goes on in congress now. (Yes, I know I can watch something else.) I just don't happen to think that the general public needs to know all the nitty-gritty of what goes on every day in congress. I think their discussions should be between them. Don't we vote for them expecting them to do their job?

Every day I become more and more discouraged about where the world is going. M7th made a good suggestion to me and I want to pass it on to everyone. He said to find scriptures that refer to what I am thinking and make a list of them and pray them. I think that might encourage me. I HOPE that will encourage me. I have watched this country go down hill from Nazi Germany on. And I don't like what I am seeing.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Sarah: Hi.

I just don't happen to think that the general public needs to know all the nitty-gritty of what goes on every day in congress. I think their discussions should be between them. Don't we vote for them expecting them to do their job

The danger of that kind of thinking is that your laws and the process of making them would then be all 'behind closed doors'.

Justice, (and the framing of the laws which govern us), must not only be DONE, but also must be SEEN to be done. Of course you don't have to be interested in every detail of what goes on in Congress or on Capital Hill, but SOMEBODY must have access to all that stuff and even you must have free access to it if you need to know. Otherwise we all go down the road of dictatorship and become like North Korea. Nations ruled and manipulated by vain demagogues, 'strutting and fretting their hour upon the stage of history', at our expense.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 13, 2017, 11:40 PM
Quote Reply
HIS NAME HIS NAME CHRIS--GREETINGS AND BLESSINGS IN OUR LORD
I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE YOUR POST. IT VERY CONCISELY EXPRESSES SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE SAID BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY EXPRESSES WELL THAT DIRECTION I SEEK
CHRIS DON'T QUIT WRITING RIGHT NOW THE PARTICULAR TOUCH OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ON YOUR WRITING IS VERY IMPORTANT.
ONE THING BELIEVERS ARE FORGETTING AND THAT IS THE END OF THE BOOK (BIBLE--REVELATION)
SIMPLE WE WIN.
JESUS DOESN'T TAKE TIME WITH ANYTHING BUT US BECAUSE WE HAVE HIS AUTHORITY, HIS NAME AND
PAUL WROTE THE CHURCH AT CORINTH THAT WE ARE ALSO HIS AMBASSADORS. PETER SAID WE ARE A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD, A CHOSEN GENERATION CHOSEN TO SHOW THEWORLD HIS PRAISE.
Quote Reply
Hello all.

Sarah, the play was done by the company called Shakespeare In The Park, that is Central Park, and it was "Julius Caesar" Chris. I doubt very much that this company did this play when Obama was in office, substituting Obama for Julius Caesar, because...well, it is New York and it is this particular company. Both very, very Left/Progressive/Liberal/Democrat.

Public figures are, of course, targets for such stuff. A tv movie was made about the assassination of George Bush and aired when he was president...seemed a bit tawdry.

I think, too, that this play coming as it did on the heels of Kathy Clark's (?) "comic" photo of her carrying Trump's severed and bleeding head was poor timing, to say the least.

Trump and all who aspire to the presidency are adults and they know full well the lampooning they are going to get. At least this time the comics, actors, journalist, opinion writers, etc. don't get called RACISTS right off the bat... Crazy That is enough to make Trump supporters angry that their guy isn't afforded the same teflon cloak that the media kept on Obama.

Poor taste is poor taste....but the people eat it up and the media provide more helpings.

Sarah, when you wrote of Congress being on the tube all the time, did you mean the hearings that are being aired? If you did, those are something that should be made available for public viewing, whether we find them necessary or not.

I think CSPAN on a special channel are the only ones that carry all Congress all the time. Probably helps people fall asleep...

Certainly "things" around the globe are threatening to boil over. And...we may be moving closer to having the pot catch fire. Economically the globe is in poor shape. That is probably not going to get better before it gets much, much worse. Of course, there is money to be made in war and the aftermath of war...but I for one would rather be on a different path.

What can one person do? Christians pray and prepare for days that might come when things get worse. Atheists just prepare. But...many just carry on as if nothing will ever change and a small percentage of us not only eagerly await chaos, but actually encourage it.

I believe most people are good people, but we have to deal with the chaos that small percentage brings us.

Where is the verse located? "Let not your heart be troubled." This is your faith in your God, is it not? That would be very reassuring were I a believer.

Hugs all around, just because.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
Hi Jeanne:

Where is the verse located? "Let not your heart be troubled." This is your faith in your God, is it not? That would be very reassuring were I a believer.

Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.” Jn. 14:1-4.

'Believer' or not Jeanne, believing this takes courage in the face of tribulation, involving as it does going through the portal of death into the unknown beyond it. (See verse 4). Believers are no better equipped for that journey than are atheists. We just grit our teeth and defiantly 'believe'.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Oh yes, it is in that verse about the afterlife. Hmmm...well, it is so often quoted by a popular pundit that I thought it might refer more to daily living, as "letting go and letting God" does, which was once a popular bumper sticker.

Well...maybe some are unsure about their passing through to the "unknown" but most believers I know feel quite certain what they will find and experience, so I fail to comprehend why they would need to have courage to make that journey.

But...let us not sidetrack this thread with a topic of our own.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] THE CHURCH TO DAY AND WHERE WE ARE GOING.---CONT..!! In reply to
Jeanne: Hi

Well...maybe some are unsure about their passing through to the "unknown" but most believers I know feel quite certain what they will find and experience, so I fail to comprehend why they would need to have courage to make that journey.

Without wanting to turn the topic into a theological debate I would just make the point that death is not a prospect any of us sane mortals embrace with enthusiasm. Even Jesus Christ himself did not relish the experience but agonized and sweated drops of blood over its approaching, imminent, inevitability.

I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.

It is the "Where I go you know, and the way you know". that I was referring to. Not the notion of an afterlife itself. The way referred to is, I believe, death itself. That way is common to ALL flesh, even The Son of Man. It is common to believer and atheist alike and it is the 'unknown' aspect of it which is most disturbing to most sane people. Unknown to believers in an afterlife, and equally unknown to non believers in any afterlife.

Faith is not 'certainty'. It is a reasoned decision to believe when there is insufficient, (even permanently unavailable), irrefutable evidence to support that position. It is the same kind of 'faith' we adopt when trusting other's integrity or vulnerably, disadvantageously placing ourselves potentially at another's advantage, were they to dishonorably misuse our trust in them. The alternative is permanent cynicism and suspicion of everyone we have contact with throughout life. I'm not suggesting that there is any wisdom in trusting untrustworthy people, but we have to start somewhere and trusting without sufficient evidence is a default position for the average decent person. As the evidence to the contrary increases, then the 'trust' is progressively withheld, or we risk foolishly 'casting our pearls before swine', against divine advice.

Mortal people who have 'certainty' about whatever they believe an afterlife might entail, are dangerous, delusional and probably mistaken. There has only ever been one person qualified to make predictions on the matter, and he was as reluctant to put his ideas to the test as any right minded person can be.

On the other hand mortal people who have decided to have 'FAITH' in an afterlife are merely trusting, in the absence of 'certainty', rather than capitulating to despair or defiance, in the face of the unknown. There is something more courageous about deliberately knowingly, possibly misplaced 'trust', than there is about mere despair or defiance in the face of the inevitable.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 15, 2017, 10:12 AM
Quote Reply
TO FAITH CHRIS
GREETINGS IN THE LORD
YOU POST GAVE ME REASON TO THINK AND COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MAYBE YOU DIDN'T THE FULL DEFINITION OF FAITH.
FROM EARLY GRADE SCHOOL WE WERE TAUGHT THAT ROLL CALL OF BELIEVERS IN HEBREWS 11 IS THE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE OF BELIEF AND FAITH IN AN INDIVIDUAL.
HEB.11:1
STATES FAITH IS----NOT MAYBE ----BUT FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR;

SO THERE FORE I FIND NO OTHER CONCLUSION THAN TO FAITH CHRIS
GREETINGS IN THE LORD
YOU POST GAVE ME REASON TO THINK AND COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT MAYBE YOU DIDN'T THE FULL DEFINITION OF FAITH.
FROM EARLY GRADE SCHOOL WE WERE TAUGHT THAT ROLL CALL OF BELIEVERS IN HEBREWS 11 IS THE ULTIMATE EXAMPLE OF BELIEF AND FAITH IN AN INDIVIDUAL.
HEB.11:1
STATES FAITH IS NOT MAYBE BUT FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR;

SO THERE FORE I FIND NO OTHER CONCLUSION THAN FAITH IS THE REASON I LIVE
M7TH
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi.

FAITH IS NOT MAYBE BUT FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR;

I agree with the definition. Being scriptural I can hardly find fault with it. However: Things 'Hoped For' are not things we are 'Certain' of getting. Certainty is not FAITH. It is by definition CERTAINTY and if a certainty there is absolutely no need for HOPE. Hope only becomes relevant if there is some uncertainty as yet of the things 'Hoped For'. A future HOPE is not a certainty. A certainty is something you are already actually in possession of.

FAITH is therefore not certainty, even though the things we hope for are ASSURED for us by the Word of God.

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commands everyone every where to repent: Because he has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man, (Christ), whom he has ordained; whereof God has given assurance unto mankind, in that he has raised him, (Christ), from the dead. Acts 17:30-31.

So we choose whether to trust in the resurrection of Jesus Christ, by faith, or not. Either way we cannot be CERTAIN in the way that we can be certain that 2 + 2 = 4 or 'Death is unavoidable and Taxes very nearly so'.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Jun 15, 2017, 3:49 PM
Quote Reply
Hello Jim and Chris.

Perhaps the Christians whom I have known throughout my life have been arrogant in their certainty of destination and joyful in the certainty that loved ones who die are passing immediately into the arms of Jesus Christ and will be swiftly in heaven with him. They have also been very certain that they will find their loved ones there when they pass over.

I may refer to it as the unknown and, Chris, so may you...but to these there is nothing unknown about it.

A difficult death and/or a difficult life may be considered only a fraction of the eternity in paradise that they speak of and plan to spend there.

The time and action of the body's dying is what is unknown to us until we experience it and because it is vastly different for each, it can be frightening. Or..it can be a relief to a tired mind and body. Pain and discomfort...that is the greater fear, I think, for each.

The believer has faith and the non-believer has reality...and each can bring a final peace to this business of living. We may only hope to go gentle into that goodnight, wherever our dreams may lead us.

-Jeanne