The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

SOMETHING TO CONSIDER

Quote Reply
SOMETHING TO CONSIDER
WE HAVE ON THE INTERNATIONAL POLITICAL SCENE SEVERAL MEN WHO HAVE NUCLEAER WEAPONS AT THE FINGER TIPS.. THEY ARE JUST ERRATIC ENOUGH TO USE THEM. N.K. TEST FIRED A NUCLEAR WEAPON YESTERDAY BUT IT BLEW UP BEFORE THE TIMER SET ON THE WARHEAD.
THE U.S. NOW HAS AIRCRAFT CARRIERS IN THE CHINA SEA WAITING ON ONE ATTEMPT BY THIS GRROUP.
THE COMING OF THE LORD DRAWS NEARER
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER In reply to
m7thprophet: Hi

BUT IT BLEW UP BEFORE THE TIMER SET ON THE WARHEAD.

Actually, I think you will find if you check it out, that the test was of a possible intercontinental missile, not a nuclear warhead.

Not enough is known about the test to be able to be sure that the missile even carried a warhead, let alone a nuclear one.

Before going off half cocked, we should be absolutely sure of the facts of a story or else we are simply propagating 'Fake News'. We have a responsibility to get our facts right, if we are servants of The Way, the Life and The TRUTH.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Chris sometimes I really have pray before answering you,no there is no concrete proof of the cargo on the missile ---all the major news sources here stateside proclaimed it nuclear just as much of the british sources.
The problem is the man is irresponsible enough to put one on these things has made it no secret he is going to put a nuclear warhead on one of these missiles.
the Philippino ministry that I know there I know here have been praying over this for months
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi

All the major news sources here stateside proclaimed it nuclear just as much of the British sources.

No they have not. CNN is a reasonably reliable source and they say:

US military officials don't believe the missile had intercontinental capabilities, a US defense official told CNN. The official said there was limited data as the missile blew up so quickly.
Bruce Bennett, a senior defense analyst at the think tank RAND Corporation, said he thinks the missiles were not the kind that could reach the United States' mainland. "The North doesn't seem to be quite at the place to test an ICBM (intercontinental ballistic missile)," he said.

http://edition.cnn.com/...-korea-missile-test/

If indeed stateside news agencies are saying it was inter continental and had a nuclear warhead they are probably disseminating Fake News.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER In reply to
Hi Jim and Chris.

Here is the problem with all news sources currently; we don't know if anyone is reporting truthfully.

We do know that Kim has a plan to nuke the US as soon as he is capable. We do know that Kim's citizenry know nothing that he does not tell them, adore him as a God, hate the US and will do whatever he tells them to do.

Most citizens of NK know little of the outside world and do not even know how deplorable their brutish lives are. There are few lights on at night in most of NK, because there is no electricity. But we all know this much about the place and enough about Kim to believe he means just what he says. Such is the veracity of people who are severely mentally deranged.

This is a real problem, which requires a real plan to defeat action by Kim. Trump appears to have negotiated for China's assistance...yay, there.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
To Chris and everyone...

I'd just like to know... Do any of you read the NEWS source on the Praize home page for your information? If so, how does it compare with other things you are reading?
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER In reply to
Jeanne: Hi.

We do know that Kim has a plan to nuke the US as soon as he is capable. We do know that Kim's citizenry know nothing that he does not tell them, adore him as a God, hate the US and will do whatever he tells them to do.

Actually this statement is only half true Jeanne.

We do know that Kim's citizenry know nothing that he does not tell them, adore him as a God, hate the US and will do whatever he tells them to do. (True).

We do know that Kim has a plan to nuke the US as soon as he is capable. (Not actually known for certain).

We know that he is 'unstable' and 'unpredictable', but then there are others who might fit that profile. We know that he is paranoid about national security and passionately determined to achieve nuclear parity with the USA, (though that would be the dream of a lunatic, given the size of the USA's nuclear arsenal). We suspect that he might be sufficiently stupid enough to initiate a nuclear exchange if he achieved the capability. Though it would be a more likely scenario that he would up the anti with conventional threats and incursions until the USA went for a preemptive nuclear strike, so that he could claim "They started it". In any event a nuclear exchange would spell the end for North Korea, which has no IBM defense system and is not even close to getting one. The problem is though that what North Korea 'started' China would 'continue' until Armageddon is upon us.

The danger Kim poses is similar to the danger Hitler posed. Having built his economy on weapons production and military forces enlargement he is approaching the point where he needs to use it all in order to expand his territory, save face over losing 50's Korean war and put his nation on the map by baiting and defying the most powerful nuclear nation on earth, the USA.

The whole sorry situation requires the utmost diplomacy and 'Jaw-jaw' rather than 'War-war'. I just hope that Pres. Trump's team are up to the task and don't just rely on 'sabre rattling' and intimidation. That would simply not work with the likes of Kim.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER In reply to
Hi Sarah:
I use the Praize news section all the time, along with foxnews.com, reuters and some others. I also watch CBN news on youtube. I find the praize links helpful when I'm in a hurry. The left wing media rarely reports Christian news unless it's violent or some Christian is being charged with something so I have to rely on CBN and FOX. There was a really good article on FOX this weekend: what the skeptics get wrong about the crucifixion.
Quote Reply
Re: [roundtable] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER In reply to
Thanks, Roundtable, for your reply. Hugs.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
WELL SAID ---THE ONLY ANSWER AT THIS POINT IS REALLY CONTINUED PRAYER
Quote Reply
THE LAST STATEMENT YOU MADE ABOUT FAKE NNK HAS EWS IS PROBABLY THE MOST ACCURATE THING .
TRUMP'S ENTIRE STAFF IS BASED ON FAKE NEWS BEING RELEASED. CONTRIBED NEWS FROM THE US AT THE FORFRONT. ARE POLITICAL POINTS FOR THE TRUMP GROUP

THE IDEA OF THE NK HAVING NUCLEAR ABILITY IS TRUE IT WASS GIVEN BY BOTH THE IRANIANS AND THE RUSSIANS
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

If Kim says he wants to nuke other countries including the US and he says he has plans brewing, then why should we not accept what he says? I would not write off the nut-job because he is a nut-job.

Sabre rattling and intimidation is exactly what backs up any sanctions put in place by China and the US. China is apparently in agreement and has stopped accepting coal shipments from NK, while warning Kim.

In a military parade this weekend in NK, were long rang missiles capable of 7000 miles, which shocked those responsible for checking out Kim's military capability.

Hawaii is taking Kim's threats seriously. Japan is taking Kim's threats seriously. I think the US should be taking Kim's threat seriously.

Just because NK has been less than successful in long range missile deployment, doesn't mean they might get something right once. Their failure rate stands at 88%, but it would only take one success to create a bigger problem than threats.

He may be smart enough to back down, especially if China continues the sanctions on its imports from NK. But...this is the first time any president has gotten China to agree to try to make NK behave and the first in recent history that our country has acted as if we are still at war with NK, which we are. A treaty was never signed.

Coddling hasn't worked, bribing hasn't worked, Dennis Rodman didn't work and it is unlikely that an assassination attempt would work. That dictator as God is entrenched in the minds, souls and bodies of the North Koreans and the tyranny is absolute.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Sarah.

I have used your feed on rare occasions, but it often takes me to complicated sites that have trouble loading on my old iMac.
to.

Edited by PraizeOP2 as not a site I feel comfortable sending people to.
Please read the TOS for Blogs & Forums #7... http://www.praize.com/blog-forum-terms

I think your news feed is perfect for Praize.

-Jeanne

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Apr 19, 2017, 6:01 PM
Quote Reply
praizeop2: Hi

I'd just like to know... Do any of you read the NEWS source on the Praize home page for your information? If so, how does it compare with other things you are reading?

I’d have to say that I find CBN news coverage and comments somewhat biassed toward right wing evangelicalism. It does not seem to be truly representative of ‘Christian thought and attitude’ as a whole.

I would prefer something more impartially objective. It's style is probably OK with most Praize members who are fairly conservative anyway.

Though it claims to support ‘The Christian Perspective’, it actually projects a fairly narrow ‘Conservative, American, Evangelical, Christian Perspective’.

Provided this bias is borne in mind and allowed for, the news and comment CBN presents is worthwhile reading, provided it is balanced off by also reading other online media as well.

I will continue to read the articles, though will remain skeptical in a few cases, about it’s story selectivity, analysis and comments.

Other news media worth following are the BBC, Channel 4 News UK, Guardian on line, CNN.

Deletion by PraizeOP2.
7. You will not post URLs to off-Praize sites unless it is for clarification in the discussion forums or you have received permission from the Administration. We do allow you to post your URL in your four-line signature, but Praize should not be used to send people to other sites. If you feel you need to reference another ministry, please get Admin's permission before posting
Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Apr 19, 2017, 5:41 PM
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

You write:

<<TRUMP'S ENTIRE STAFF IS BASED ON FAKE NEWS BEING RELEASED>>

How is this anything new in politics? Quite frankly, there is far less fake news coming out of the Trump administration than ever did out of Obama or Clinton administrations.

The problem is that the media is "making" news for the Progressives and have been for many years and now they are "making" news to compete with social media, that is they need their news stories to go viral on social media in order to keep up with the pace of viewing.

Social media is where most people get their news and the networks are grabbing for straws.

There is almost nothing that can be proved to be true or false....no, that is not what I mean.

Time Mag had a cover story the other week, entitled "Is Truth Dead?" At the time I thought to myself that the title more accurately should have been "Are Facts Dead?"

"See the video? That is proof of the facts, which I write about. "

"Hear the sound bite? That is proof of the facts, which I write about."

Except...for the video and sound bite that directly negates those facts.

There is nothing that cannot be altered and the nano-second speed of viral spreading to millions of people means that such "facts" become "truth." And...the undoing of such stuff is impossible.

Take for instance the "Hands up. Don't shoot." The supposed words of the "gentle giant" who was anything but the innocent youth portrayed by BLM and the usual race baiters. Never spoken. Never done. Beyond all doubt.

Didn't matter what the FACTS were. Other "facts" made the "truth" that spawned riots in all their despicable forms.

We have no Fourth Estate anymore and I am not sure that any totally reliable news source exists anymore, either.

Maybe they had the title correct, but not the way they meant it. Time implied that truth had died because of political fake news, but that is just a symptom of what has actually occurred to media.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
OF COURSE, IT WOULD SEEM BIASED TO YOU IT IS WRITTEN FROM A CHRIST-CENTERED VIEW.

IT COMES DOWN TO THE POINT WHOSE WORD WILL YOU TAKE
Quote Reply
I REPRESENTED CBN MANY YEARS BACK AND KNOW THE BASIS THEY WORK FROM. IWAS IN THE OFFICESOF MANY OF THE RESEARCHERS WHEN pAT RAN FOR PRESIDENT.BIASI HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR CBN FROM THE BEGINNING AND IF YOU ARE WILLING TO DEAL WITH THE TRUTH THE PREJUDICE LEVELED AGAINST CBN IS EVIDENT.THERE IS NO MINISTRY ON THE GLOBE THAT ACCOMPLISHES WHAT THEY DO.

GOD FORGIVE ME FOR EXHIBITING SOME FORMS
OF ANGER BUT YOU WOULD DO BETTER WITH A LITTLE MORE TRUTH AND LESS LIBERALISM.
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] SOMETHING TO CONSIDER---4/20/17 In reply to
THEE CHURCH IS BECOMING FROM THE PUBLIC STANDPOINT MORE OF A SECULAR CLUB RATHER THAN THE HOUSE OF GOD AND PERSONALLY, I AM GETTING TIRED OF PEOPLE WHO MISREPRESENT THEMS UNDER THE BANNER OF JESUS AND CHOOSE TO LIVE IN THE PRECEPTS OF HELL

WE ARE CLOSER TO THE COMING OF JESUS THAN AT ANY POINT IN GLOBAL HISTORY. WHEN NOAH WAAS PREACHING SALVATION TO THE EARTH; ONLY EIGHT CAME INTO THE ARK BESIDES THE ANIMALS BUTT NOAH NEVER CHANGED THE MESSAGE AND I AM FINDING I CAN'T EITHER.

M7TH

IN THE LOVE OF THE LORD------TRULY
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi.

OF COURSE, IT WOULD SEEM BIASED TO YOU IT IS WRITTEN FROM A CHRIST-CENTERED VIEW.

Since this is General Topics and not a debate forum per se I won’t lock horns with you any further on this issue, other than to point out that the Pharisees were utterly convinced that they saw everything from a ‘God Centred View’ and proceeded, to the end, to deal with The Christ relying only on their arrogant self assured assumptions. The same applies to those who are self satisfyingly convinced that their ‘Christ Centred Views’ are sacrosanct, incontrovertible and fully endorsed by God, and anything which contradicts their assumptions cannot therefore be The Truth.

The Pharisees were wrong in their assumptions, when confronting The Truth. Just as Fundamentalist Right Wing Conservative Evangelicalism is often arrogantly wrong in some of its assumptions regarding the nature and character of God.

IT COMES DOWN TO THE POINT WHOSE WORD WILL YOU TAKE.

‘Wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove’. Angelic I don’t take any news medium at face value, they all have their own particular axe to grind, their own particular editorial ‘bias’ and CBN is no exception. You need to read more than just Fox News to get at the Truth of anything. In fact if you just read EVERYTHING except Fox News you would likely get nearer the truth on ANY current affairs matter. Laugh

At least CBN is not as bad as Fox News yet. Even Fox News seems to have wised up and cleaned up its act with a sacking or two just recently though. Smile Things might be improving there too or is that too much to hope for? Frown

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Apr 20, 2017, 3:35 PM
Quote Reply
Hello all.

Every and all news is biased anymore. So-called Christ-centered news is just as biased as any other. That is the problem with getting the news from only one source.

It is the same as getting any information from only one source and people who do so end up going through life with blinders on.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply

Hi, Chris,

The Pharisees were wrong in their assumptions, when confronting The Truth. Just as Fundamentalist Right Wing Conservative Evangelicalism is often arrogantly wrong in some of its assumptions regarding the nature and character of God.

I think the woman accused of adultery shows us that we are all wrong. The problem is that we think we our way is right and ONLY our way is right. Looking through these Forums will readily show us that over the years. I hope I am here ten years from now and can read these again. And laugh!
Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Apr 21, 2017, 6:46 AM
Quote Reply
praizeop2: Hi Sarah

The problem is that we think we our way is right and ONLY our way is right.

That is of course only natural. We all have passionately held beliefs. However opinions expressed dispassionately without emotion are much less convincing because they don't seem to be actually coming from 'a real person'. Praize posters are 'real people' so we must expect sometimes that they overstep the lines and maybe need to be taken to one side and talked to by a Praize OP. I don't see any problem with that, especially in the debates forums.

It is opinions expressed with an apparently arrogant, self assured certainty that 'get my goat'.

A friend that Christine trained with at Theological Seminary seems to have cracked the issue of expressing an opinion in debate without appearing to be patronizingly superior. She would say:

"I realize I may be wrong but here is my opinion".

It both disarms your hearers from thinking you self-confidently arrogant and at the same time registers the fact that one's opinion is an 'offering' to the debate, not just an ultimatum or a coup de grace.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Apr 21, 2017, 3:25 PM
Quote Reply
Thanks, Chris,... and especially to Christine!... for the great tip! Now all I have to do is practice! I hope you understand that I could be wrong, but this is just my opinion!!! Laugh Laugh Laugh
Blessings ~ Sarah