The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

JESUS---- THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
JESUS---- THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!!
I READ THE LATEST CBN NEWS ARTICLE IT WAS ON A DRAMATIZATION OF AN ABORTION THAT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS HAD.
FOR MORE THAN 2000 YEARS,THE HORROR IS THAT SOON THESE GROUPS WILL HAVE TO FACE REALITY WHEN SIN IN THE WORLD COMES TO JUDGMENT A TE FEET OF JESUS
THERE IS A TURNING AWAY AMONG YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE CHURCH FROM THE TRUTH OF THE WORD TO A LIBERAL LEFT WING CHRISTIANITY.
MY POINT IS THE GOSPEL WRITER SAID THERE WILL BE GREAT TURNING IN THE LAST, PEOPLE WILL LITERALLY GREW COLD IN THEIR CHRISTIAN FAITH
WHERE IS THE CHURCH IN THIS??
Quote Reply
Re: [m7thprophet] JESUS---- THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!! In reply to
Hi Jim.

You ask where the Church is. What even constitutes "the Church" anymore? Excepting that we assume it is the Christian Church, but even that is not saying much about what "the Church" is.

How many Christian sects are there in the world? How many different interpretations are there of scripture? And...then how many twists and turns does the Church take to keep their congregation intact?

I checked out a Christian church that is widespread in Nigeria and one of the teachings in this group is that "it is better for a man to have many wives than one wife and many girlfriends." And...yet, these are Bible thumping (sorry) and devoutly praying Christians, who believe that their leaders are wise...and they adhere to that particular teaching, because it "works" for their culture.

That is just one difference. I am sure there are many among all the Christian sects.

But all of them will say that Jesus is the only way, just as you do.

I heard a statistic that quoted that over 60 percent of Millennials (those born after 1980) do not accept that there are absolute truths. That is bizarre. Not talking about faith or deity belief or religion, but about absolute truths. Good grief, surely they could come up with one or two that they believe to be absolute or universal.

I am not writing this to be controversial, but to help continue the discussion, which I believe is an important one. What is "the Church" anymore?

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
m7thprophet: Hi.

I READ THE LATEST CBN NEWS ARTICLE IT WAS ON A DRAMATIZATION OF AN ABORTION THAT MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS HAD.

I am confused over what is actually meant by your first sentence. I assume that ‘The Dramatization’ was entirely fictional. (I don’t think there is any evidence whatever supporting the notion that Mary the mother of Jesus ever actually had a termination of pregnancy or any other intervention during her lifetime). She may however, (for all we know), have had the misfortune to have suffered an abortion, but there is no historical record of it nor hint of such in scripture. It is an unfortunate fact however that many mothers through the ages have suffered abortions in the natural course of events.

The Church of course rightly offers support to mothers who have experienced the pain and loss resulting from an aborted pregnancy, just as it offers bereavement ministry and support after a death in a family.

It should also, in my opinion, offer support, understanding, counseling and care to mothers who, for various reasons may have felt themselves compelled by circumstances to seek a termination of pregnancy. It should also, if the mother is a member of a Christian Community, offer financial support aimed at making it possible for the mother to carry her child to full term, and to give birth in comfortably protected surroundings. Mary was fortunate indeed that she received such support. If she had received the usual treatment girls in her circumstances commonly suffered, we would never had ever HAD a Savior. He would have died when his mother was stoned to death under the 'Law of Moses' or 'God's Law'. Whichever 'rule book' one chooses to apply.

Ironically, had 'God's Law' been rigidly but misguidedly applied in her case, it would have resulted in the death of a virgin, an aborted pregnancy, the death of The Christ and therefore the damnation of the entire human race. So strict law keeping, (when merely the letter and not the Spirit is applied), does not always lead to God's will being done. It can even lead to God's will being aborted, frustrated and denied.

Christianity started with a pregnant unmarried girl giving birth in unusually uncomfortable circumstances, bringing a child into a world full of woe and danger. If The Church is to ‘Lead by example’ and not merely sit in judgment hypocritically, condemning those 'sinners', ‘rule breakers’ and ‘baby killers’, without lifting a finger to help them in their plight or offer them support in their need, then it will likely find itself under judgment at the feet of Jesus for its lack of Love and its unconcern for the desperate.

It is the church’s duty in the world to ‘Love as Christ loved US’. It is not the function of The Church to ‘Enforce The Law of God’ or even to 'Frame the law of the land', (even though it has hopefully pledged to live according to the Spirit of God's Law). The Church has a mission to ‘Preach The Gospel’ and ‘Live according to the precepts of its Savior Jesus Christ’. It’s mission is the same as that of Christ Himself.

The Spirit of the Lord Jehovah is upon me; because Jehovah hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Isa. 61:1. Luke 4:18.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] JESUS---- THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!! In reply to
YOU CAUGHT ME IN ANOTHER ERROR OF SOMETHING THIS SECT IS TRYING TO MAKE INT0
A TRUTH WHEN THE FACT IS ABORTION UNDER HEBREW LAW MIGHT HAVE MEANT DEATH.
GLAD YOU CAUGHT IT.
THE LGBT GROUPS AREE TAKING ACTION AGAINST ANY DEMONSTRATION OR DISPLAY IN A PUBLIC MODE OF CHRISTIANITY HERE IN Orlando

ORLANDO USED TO BE A QUITE CHRISTIAN BASED CITY WITH MANY OF THE STRONGEST BASED CHARISMATIC GROUPS HERE NOW NOT SO
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] JESUS---- THE ONLY WAY!!!!!!! In reply to
AS DISTASTEFUL AS WHAT YOU WROTE IS IT, FOR THE MOST PART, IS THE TRUTH. THE MAJOR CHURCHES IN NIGERIA ARE ALSO THE TWO LARGEST CHURCHES IN THE WORLD WITH OVER A MILLION RECORDED MEMBERS THAT ATTEND.
WHAT YOU MAYBE SEEING AS WIDESPREAD MEMBERS ARE ACTUALLY COMPUTER STATIONS THAT THOUSANDS ATTENDING SERVVICES THROUGH THIS MEDIUM
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

I thought that the OP was referring to Mary having aborted Jesus, not just a "run-of-mill illegal" abortion of the day. Why the LGBTQA (new letters added now) seek to dramatize the death of the fetus that would become Jesus Christ is way beyond me.

Well...no, I guess it isn't. They equate Jesus with the righteous bigotry of extremist Christians. But, I agree with you, nothing is beyond the pale when the useful idiots are agitated by those who seek total control.

What I read in a Nigerian newspaper site was a discussion of that particular topic in which it was agreed that a man's soul is safe in that practice.

But...you don't have to go to Nigeria to get a different take on what the Church is. What do you mean when you write "the Church?"

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Were Mary and Joseph not married when the child was born? He refers to her as his wife, doesn't he? I had thought that he married her because of her predicament and to keep her and her unborn child safe. Or were they betrothed when she was impregnated?

Guess I will have to get my Bible out...

Chris, there is such ugliness here in certain spots, mostly heavily populated spots of the country. That is where the most media coverage will be, because that is where the most disruption will occur with protests, riots, etc.

But, even in small places like Town Hall meetings with elected officials of any calibre, Progressives import agitators. It is planned and I have heard recordings of the plots broadcast on several shows.

They are planned to shut down free speech and civil discourse. The protests at our universities and during Congress sessions just make national headlines, but the ugliness and violation of the civil rights of others occurs all over our country.

Oh...stopping now, as I just realized where we are posting.

However, you did write this in reference to abortion:

<<If The Church is to ‘Lead by example’ and not merely sit in judgment hypocritically, condemning those 'sinners', ‘rule breakers’ and ‘baby killers’, without lifting a finger to help them in their plight or offer them support in their need, then it will likely find itself under judgment at the feet of Jesus for its lack of Love and its unconcern for the desperate. >>

This is hardly an accurate description of how "the Church" in America operates. Not the Church or government entities operate in this manner such that one could say it is the norm. It is far from the norm for both.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
JEANNE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION WHAT AND WHO THE CHURCH IS ABOUT I MUST USE THE BIBLE STANDARD FOR A WORKING UNDERSTANDING OF THIS.

THE BIBLICAL UNDERSTANDING IS THE BRIDE TO BE OF CHRIST IS THE BODY OF BELIEVERS THAT SERVEE HIM AND CALL HIM LORD!!

THE WORLD IN ORDER TO HAVE PLACE IN THIS HAVE CERTAIN MAJOR GROUPS FORMING WHOO HONOR CERTAIN PORTIONS OF SCRIPTURE THAT CAN CONVENIENTLY FIT WITH THEIR SELF CENTERED IDEALS. BEYOND THIS THEY INCORPORATE A LEVEL OF SECULAR IDEALS THAT PERMIT THEM TO HAVE ANY PLEASURE THEY INTEND TO FOLLOW.

THE TRUE CHURCH HOLDS STRICTLY TO THE BIBLICAL DEFINITION OF HOLINESS BEING A SEPARATE PEOPLE TRUE TO SERVING THE LORD.
THE WORLD RIDES THE HORSE OF CLAIMING THE BELIEVER IS FORCED TO THESE BEHAVIORS JUST TO MAKE HEAVEN; THAT IS A BLATANT LIE BECAUSE NOWHERE IN THE BIBLE IS LIVING A BIBLICAL STANDARD A RULE; IT IS AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN A CHOICE. YOU MUST Choose JESUS IN ORDER TO RECEIVE SALVATION.

THE PROGRAM FOR THE UNBELIEVER, THE LGBT MEMBER OR ONE IN A SECULAR SENSE IS TO DISCREDIT OR PROHIBIT CHRISTIANITY FROM BEING DISPLAYED OR TALKED ABOUT IN A PUBLIC AREA. THE WORD OF GOD HAS LIFE AND WHEN RELEASED WILL GO TO POINT THAT IS SENT TO AND ACCOMPLISH HIS PURPOSE.
DISCREDITING MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS WOULD BE A LARGE STEP IN BRINGING DOWN THE NAME OF CHRISTIANITY
TAKING THE INFIDELITY IN FAITH OF THE BELIEVER IS ONE METHOD TO DO THIS.
WHEN YOU SEE THESSE ATTACKS ON THE CHURCH WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE ?? ARE YOU GOING TO SEEK THE REAL TRUTH?
Quote Reply
Jeanne53: Hi

This is hardly an accurate description of how "the Church" in America operates. Not the Church or government entities operate in this manner such that one could say it is the norm. It is far from the norm for both.

I apologize for not expressing myself clearly. I did not intend to imply that the Church or State behaves routinely in an uncaring fashion. I intended to make the point that IF those who condemn 'assisted termination of pregnancy' and seek to legislate against the legality of 'medical intervention', regardless of circumstances, WITHOUT providing support for those who feel in desperate need of such medical interventions, then it will likely be the 'law imposers and legislators' who may also find themselves under Christ's condemnation on the grounds of their lack of compassion.

I may be wrong but I somehow think that any young girl or woman who seeks a legal termination of pregnancy by medical intervention MUST BE DESPERATE or they would not be deciding on that course of action. There may be some 'mothers' who are so depraved as to simply not care for the unborn child in their womb, but I am hoping they are very few in number. Far more probably find themselves, 'between a rock and a hard place', with what appears to them to be no alternative.

It is those that the Church and State have a responsibility to assist and support in making the right moral decision. It is not the role of Church or State to simply 'frame and enforce laws', and to hell with the consequences for both mothers or unborn infants.

The issues are far too complex to simply be resolved by the enacting, repealing or enforcement of 'Laws'.

If rigid enforcement of rules could solve the ills of the human race we would have had Utopia millennia ago. The human race has had no shortage of rules and regulations. What we have is a shortage of responsibility, wisdom, love and common sense.

Regards Chris.
Love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Pet.4:8b.
Quote Reply
Hi Chris.

Thank you for the clarification.

You write:

<<I may be wrong but I somehow think that any young girl or woman who seeks a legal termination of pregnancy by medical intervention MUST BE DESPERATE or they would not be deciding on that course of action. There may be some 'mothers' who are so depraved as to simply not care for the unborn child in their womb, but I am hoping they are very few in number. Far more probably find themselves, 'between a rock and a hard place', with what appears to them to be no alternative. >>

Unfortunately, you are very wrong. It is for those who are in desperate straits that I will support keeping abortions legal, but very restricted. Medically necessity abortions will remain exactly that if doctors retain integrity.

Abortions are a form of birth control for many women. How many abortions now since Roe vs Wade? 55 million or thereabouts? That's a lot of babies and most of them are black, which was the whole idea behind Planned Parenthood and its founder, Margaret Sanger, the eugenicist.

There are more black babies aborted then are born in New York City. That is a most startling statistic. I found the article from the National Review:

<<by ALEC TORRES February 21, 2014 5:01 PM

In 2012, black women in New York City aborted over 6,500 more children than they gave birth to. Data from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene shows that, among non-hispanic black women, there were 31,328 “induced terminations” to 24,758 live births, according to a CNS News report.

In total, there were almost 74,000 abortions in New York in 2012, meaning that 42.4 percent of all abortions were of black children. Hispanic children accounted for 31 percent of those aborted in the city at a total of nearly 23,000.

Altogether, black and Hispanic abortions were 73 percent of the total of 73,815 abortions in New York in 2012. For years, New York has had the highest abortion rate of any city in the nation.>>

Our local, state and federal governments have for decades given away birth control for both males and females at their clinics. Our public schools give away condoms. In most states, healthcare plus birth control is free or nearly so, as it is based on a sliding scale. Pre-natal care, infant care and child care, including vaccination, is also available this way.

Of course, now under the ACA, all birth control is free. There should be very few desperate women anywhere, but I am sure there are in unusual circumstances.

There are women who do not want to know that what they carry inside them is a baby. For too long, we were told by Feminists (gag on that word) that it was only a mass of tissue for months into gestation and then incapable of feeling or heartbeat or brain activity...not really a PERSON yet.

With ultrasound advances, we have learned that isn't true, which is why abortion rates are going down. Women can see that it is a baby.

Which is why the pro-abortion fanatics are now fighting against ultrasounds of fetuses. They claim it is a plot of the male dominant medical profession to keep women pregnant and, therefore, under men's thumb. This sounds so utterly ridiculous, does it not? They also claim that the heartbeat is manufactured as is the picture of the "baby" which they insist is still only a mass of tissue, like a tumor until it is completely out of the womb.

They fight tooth and nail against any sort of requirement that pregnant women who come in for an abortion be given an ultrasound. Because when women see what they are carrying, they know it is not a mass of tissue...like a tumor. It is a baby.

These pro-abortion fanatics are crazy. They are science deniers. They are anti-woman, anti-family and anti-man. The Women's March and the Day Without A Woman was mostly about abortion and against anybody...but mostly Trump (who is not anti-abortion..go figure)...who dares to inform them about their body or their body's function or what may be good for a growing fetus. This is why these Feminists (gag at the word) were marching against the Center For Disease Control for daring to advise pregnant women that drinking is harmful to the fetus. HOW DARE THE CDC TELL WOMEN WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR OWN BODY!

These pro-abortion fanatics refuse to accept the responsibility of being human, of caring for the next generation and of the most basic of moral truths of humanity; that to extinguish a human life is an act to be avoided. That murder is wrong. When a woman chooses to extinguish her unborn child, it is murder. Even in extenuating circumstances of the most dire, it is murder. Even to save the life of the woman, it is murder. A human life is ended. The newly conceived are human life. They are not skin cells. They are not tumors. They are human life, which may or may not come to full term. Ending its progress is not to be taken lightly....but it is all too often.

Why do I think this way? I am an atheist and atheists do not believe in the soul, so what difference should it make? Many might be surprised that there are lots of atheists who think as I do; that each life has so much potential and each life is unique and that the loss of any newly conceived means that unique life will never be again given its one life to gain its own potential.

So...Jim, your topic continues with the abortion mentioned in the OP. I apologize for helping to carry it down this track...but I never think the topic of abortion can get too much sunlight. I hope you agree, my friend.

Chris you end by writing:

<<The issues are far too complex to simply be resolved by the enacting, repealing or enforcement of 'Laws'.

If rigid enforcement of rules could solve the ills of the human race we would have had Utopia millennia ago. The human race has had no shortage of rules and regulations. What we have is a shortage of responsibility, wisdom, love and common sense. >>

Indeed, but since we cannot force "responsibility, wisdom, love and common sense" upon humanity, laws and regulations whether of a government or a deity, will have to do.

I am saddened enough for one day... or maybe I am just tired. Up last night with chicken movement, that is, the chickens were caught and transported to the plant last night.

Later, my friends. Hugs to you all and to your loved ones.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

I am running short of time today and will have to get back to you on your latest post.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
JEANNE
FORR THE MOST PART ALL OF THESE GROUPS OPPOSE CHRISTIANITY`BECAUSE ITBEING WORKS AND CHRISTIAN ISN'T MANDATORY IT IS BY INVITATION ONLY. YOU MUST MAKE A DECISION TO FOLLOW JESUS NO ONE FORCES IT
EVEN THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T MANDATE CHRISTIANITY IT IS A CHOICE BETWEEN THE INDIVIDUAL AND GOD. EVERY SITUATION THAT YOU SEE THE LGBT, HOMOSEXUAL OR ANY FORM OF SEXUAL DEVIATION GROUPS YELLING FOUL BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT IT IS A LIE

IF A CHRISTIAN HAS A PUBLIC DISPLAY OF HIS FAITH; HE IS SUBJECT TO ALL THE ABUSE THESSEE OTHER GROUPS CAN HEAP ON HIM BUT Anymore THE MENTION OF THE NAME OF JESUS IS A FOUL
THESE GROUPS HAVE A LACK OF TRUTH AND TOTAL DISTORTATIONS TO WHAT IS THE TRUTH.
THIS OP ABOUT THE SUPPOSED ABORTION BY MARY IS ANOTHER MAJOR DISTORTION BECAUSE SHE LIVED TO AN OLD AGE.
IF THERE EVER WAS AN ABORTION BY MARY7 SHE WOULD HAVE FACED A MURDER CHARGE
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

When we discuss "groups" that are protesting, I hope that we each realize that "groups" do not represent individuals, but an agenda by certain people who are using a minority by portraying them as victims of what ever "system"...government, religion, etc. in order to further the agenda of the agitators.

Many LGBTQA "individuals" are Christians. Just as the Alt-Right does not represent individuals or most Conservatives only their own agenda, the clamoring gay-rights groups do not speak for many individuals.

We must also remember that women have been aborting their unborn children ever since they had the means to do so by potion or rudimentary dilation and curettage. And, of course, this was done very secretively. If a woman during the time that Mary lived sought to end a pregnancy, there were ways that all women kept secret for fear of their lives and so there is no way to know for sure that any woman who ever lived had never had an abortion.

I would not suspect that such a woman as Mary is portrayed as being would have aborted a pregnancy.

Jim, I do not ever want the government of my country to mandate a religion. That way destroys freedom. They cannot mandate political correctness, either, but they can listen to the groups that make the most noise and allow them to defame those who do not agree with them. Boycotts, protests, riots, bringing of suits against entities, etc. all can make legislators yield to their demands, especially when the notion of shame for different views are introduced.

Oh well..we are back to Alynsky's Rules for Radicals as part of the Progressive blueprint for bringing down America.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
Jeanne
I know that there are groups so to speak that have bee to have a state religion n empowered by the extremity of their desires to be able to live as they see fit. They gained a public through reinforcement of liberal democratic backing. there has been an extreme undercover push by these politicos to ditch the 1st 2 amendments to the constitution. The idea of the claim of an attempt by the Christian front to establish a national religion is just as big a falsehood as some of the Trump public statements about O.bama
There is no doubt about the deceitfulness and criminal behavior but to do some of the things that been manufactured and publicized by Trump just isn't so. It would involve too big of a conspiracy involving too many public persons.
Jeanne, I will not apologize for my statements here because the Bible is too specific about, sexual immorality and that means the LGBT, HOMOSEXUAL GROUPS AND ANY OF THOSE THAT CHOSE NOT LIVE BIBLICALLY. NOT LIVING THE BIBLE IS A SIN AND CHOICE THAT EACH INVIDUAL MAKES AND IN NO WAY IN ANY MANNER SUGGESTS A MANDATE.

I WILL NOT INDULGE IN ANY DISCUSSION IN THIS BUT INVITE YOU TO MAKE ANY DISCUSSION YOU DESIRE!!!!!
BE SURE TO BACK IT UP
M7TH
REMEMBER THAT JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY AND HIS WORD IS ROAD MAP TO HIM!!!
Quote Reply
Jim, I am not asking you to apologize for your beliefs or even condemning you for praying for Christianity upon all the nation. I agree with you about morality on the steep decline and the goals of certain groups pushed forward by Leftist agendas.

I just think we all need to remember that groups are not the individuals, who may be considered to be a part of that minority but who are not represented by their agendas.

American Atheists does not represent me. The Women's March did not represent me. Feminist groups do not represent me. The Alt-Right does not represent me.

A desire for conservative, traditional and ethical behavior, which may be deemed Christian does not represent a desire in me to have a Theocracy.

That's all I meant to convey in my post.

-Jeanne
Quote Reply
AMEN JEANNE
MUST APOLOGIZE FOR NOT BEING TOTALLY CLEAR I REALLY KNOW YOU ARE AN INDIVIDUALIST.
I WROTE FOR THE READERS OF THESE POSTS TO MAKE SURE THEY CONTINUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT PRAIZE IS.
Quote Reply
Hi Jim.

No apology is necessary. I, too, write for all the readers of Praize. I am not alone in my conservative atheist viewpoints and I think it is important that believers of all sort know that many atheists have a sense of ethical tradition, which is similar to their own.

Thank you for the complement, Jim. I like to think that America is made up of lots of individualists, but that is just a sweet dream. And I doubt that I am all that much one. Sometimes I think I am a mass of conflicting ideas. Laugh

-Jeanne