The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Black History Month…

Quote Reply
Black History Month…
I have a friend who sent this letter to our Congressman and he gave me permission to post it here. I have read similar information from other sources, which went into detail, but this give a brief history.

"What better time to read this then during Black History Month? All is factual.

What was the party that was founded as the anti slavery party and fought to free black people, had president Lincoln who signed the Emancipation Proclamation, passed the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments to the Constitution granting black people the right to vote and citizenship etc, passed the civil rights act of 1866, 1875 (which granted black people protection from the “Black Codes” and prohibited racial discrimination in public places), was the party of black people prior to 1960 including Frederick Douglas, Harriet Tubbman, Sojourner Truth, Booker T Washington and Martin Luther King, the founding fathers of the NAACP, the party of Eisenhower who sent troops to Arkansas to desegregate schools, establish the civil rights commission in 1958 and appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren to the US Supreme Court, which resulted in the passage of the 1954 Brown vs. The Board of Education decision which ended school segregation?

Which party by the greatest percentage passed the civil rights acts of 1950 and the 1960’s, the party of Nixon which instituted the first Affirmative Action program of 1969, the party of George Bush who appointed more black people to high level positions than any president in history, who spent record money on job training, education and healthcare to help black people prosper and who sent the most money to Africa to fight AIDS?

The answer to all these questions is the Republican Party.

What party fought to keep black people in slavery, was the party of the KKK, from 1870 to 1930, used fraud, whippings, lynchings, murders, intimidation and mutilizations to get the black vote and pass the Black Codes and Jim Crowe laws which legalized racial discrimination and denied black people their rights as citizens, the party of FDR and Truman who both rejected anti lynching laws and efforts to establish a permanent civil rights commission, who called baseball legend, Jackie Robinson, an Uncle Tom, the party of Lyndon Johnson who called King “ that “N” word preacher, and when he signed the “Great Society Program” said “I’ll have these “N” word voting Democrat for the next 100 years?

The party of JFK who voted against the 1957 civil rights law as senator and then as president opposed the 1963 King march on Washington?

The party of Senator Robert Bird, a former member of the KKK, Governor Earnest Fritz Hollings of SC who hoisted the confederated flag over the state capitol, and Ted Kennedy who called black judicial nominees “Neanderthals”?
What was the party of Al Gore’s father who voted against the civil rights acts of the 1960’s? What party is against school vouchers and school pray and takes the black vote for granted?

The answer to all these questions is the Democrat party."

How and why many of our fellow citizens who are black decided to shift away from the Republican party is similar to how and why many of our fellow citizens who are black dropped away from being responsible and contributing citizens. Add in the Progressive Agenda and here we are.

-Jeanne
"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
Quote Reply
Re: [jeanne53] Black History Month… In reply to
This is an excellent post, Jeanne. Thank you for posting it.

Whenever I read something like this, I come back to basics. When mothers were at home during daytime hours and fathers left home to go to work, children could be sure of being trained up right and receiving any necessary punishments at least once, if not more, during daylight hours. We used to say that a misbehaving child would be punished by the principal, again by mother when he/she reached home, and by dad when he got home from work.
Stores and bars were closed on Sunday. People went to church Sunday mornings and spent a lot of time fellowshipping with neighbors weekends and summer evenings.

I am happy that I was privileged to live in those days. When expectations were high and punishments were often. I believe I am a better person for it.

I don't know when Black History Month first began. I'm not sure exactly WHY we celebrate it. I never knew there was a difference. When is White History Month? Or don't I rate a celebration? I know this is not an apologetics forum, and I'm fine with not debating this. I'm just stating my thoughts.
Blessings ~ Sarah