The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves....

Quote Reply
What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves....
This is my command: Love each other as I have loved you. The greatest love a person can show is to die for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. This is my command: Love each other.
John 15:12-17
We all know in part and dogma is not revelant in comparrison to us walking in love. We see way too much division in the church over doctrinol difference. When do we allow for agape love to change our hearts that we may begin to look past difference and indifference that we may allow for forbearance and the power of God to overtake the problems? Unity will not rise above untill we decide that no matter what that the gates of hell will not prevail against the church of God. By us deciding to lay our lives down for our brethren we can start to see God move in the situation by working hearts to be pliable for the Lords purpose and plans.
Jesus is coming for a church with out spot or wrinkle, do you think that us coming to gether to iron out our issues in love will allow for the Lord to come soobn? It is obvious that Jesus is perfect and if He is in us then we can be made complete together Corporately and individualy. God is so awesome and He will bring to completion the work He started in all 0of us so lets start now to remember were fighting against spiritual warfare and not flesh and blood. God bless you all. We all need to have teachable spirits all of us no one is exempt.
In His steps
Paul
AIN"T GOD GOOD?

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 7, 2012, 2:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [mog57] What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves.... In reply to
Mog57 :

Mog : Hi

Jesus is coming for a church with out spot or wrinkle, do you think that us coming together to iron out our issues in love will allow for the Lord to come soon?

I don’t think that would influence God’s timing and here’s why. Jesus is not making ‘the church on earth’, ‘without spot or wrinkle’. Jesus has no expectation of it ever being so until his coming again.

First : The church in heaven, (which will eventually be all the church of Jesus Christ), is already ‘without spot or wrinkle’. When Jesus returns, whatever time that may be, sooner or later, we will all be changed. That will be the point at which the whole church will be ‘without spot or wrinkle’. Meanwhile we just have to accept that we are all less than perfect and therefore make gracious allowances for the imperfection of others in the church. That’s the deal. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Second : The church has always been comprised of both the ‘lost, looking for Christ’, and the ‘found, living in Christ’. That is why the Gospel is preached to all those within the church, not just those apparently outside it.

The ‘found in Christ’ are always able to recognize other ‘found in Christ’ church members, no matter what Denominational disagreements might appear to separate them. Where the rubber meets the road they always ‘love each other’. Since they have the same ‘spirit’ within them, how could it be otherwise?

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 7, 2012, 2:20 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves.... In reply to
LET'S GO BACK TO JUST THE PREMIS OF THIS POST,TO GIVE AND THEN TO GIVE OURSELVES ,ONE OF THE HIGHEST PRINCIPLES IN RELATIONSHIPS IS TO SOW YOUR LIFE AS A SEED INTO THE LIFE OF ANOTHER. THERE IS NO GIFT BEYONDTHAT. THE SEED HAS TO DIE FOR YOU TO SEE IT'S FRUIT.
m7th--circle of revival

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 7, 2012, 2:21 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves.... In reply to
Absolutely the premis of this post was agape love and the power of what it shall be unto those who will walk in it.
Paul
AIN"T GOD GOOD?

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 7, 2012, 2:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [mog57] What greater gift is there to give than to give ourselves.... In reply to
No greater love is this that a man shall lay down his life for his brother.....
AIN"T GOD GOOD?
AIN"T GOD GOOD?

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 6, 2012, 9:31 PM
Quote Reply
Who could disagree with what you say?

I don't.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
That's a fine statement, Paul. Let me offer that the gift of ourselves in agape love ought to be of use to God who makes it a good gift with eternal influence. If we are tainted too much with sin then our gift is useless. Luke 6:[41] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? [42] Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

I take it from that each of us has a great responsibility to daily "be perfect" toward God and well as to each other, in the scriptural understanding of that word "perfect". John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Being perfect means being completed, fulfilled, finished in Christ, certainly expected by Christ of those on earth that ought to be "as their Master". Obviously that expectation doesn't include a total cessation of human imperfections, seeing each of us will likely see death which happens because of the general affect of sin.

So what to do? What you wrote. Do His commandments, allowing the power of God to overtake the problems.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men

Last edited by:

praizeop2: May 7, 2012, 2:22 PM