The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN?

Quote Reply
WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN?
Sly
A LITTLE QUESTION HERE --WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHROUD AND IT'S HISTORY?
IT IS SAID THE SHROUD IS A BURIAL CLOTH LEFT ON JESUS WHEN HE WAS BURIED AND SUSTAINED AN IMAGE OF HIM OVER THE YEARS?
IF THE CLOTH WAS STILL THERE AFTER THE RESSURECTION,THAT MEANS THE IMAGE ON THE CLOTH WAS THE BODY OF CHRIST AFTER THE RESSURECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!..
THIS WAS THE BODY THAT TOOK ALL THE TORTURE FOR OUR SINS AND THE CLOTH WAS LEFT THERE FOR A SIGN TO THE WORLD THAT HE REALLY FINISHED THE COURSE.
iT WAS ALSO A SIGN THAT PAYMENT THAT WAS REQUIRED WAS COMPLETED FOR US THAT THE LAW REQUIRED. THE DEBT THAT WAS REQUIRED TO SATISFY THE JUDGMENTS OF DEATH HELL AND THE GRAVE,WITH SICKNESS AND DISEASE DESTROYED. WE ARE STILL WAITING SO TO SPEAK, FOR DEATH TO LOSE IT'S VICTORY;
WELL I HAVE A FLASH FOR YOU THE DEAD IN THE LORD IN MANY CASES ARE WALKING ALIVE IN CONFRONTATIONS WITH SATAN ALL OVER THE GLOBE WHEN THOSE IN CHRIST APPROACH THE ENEMY ON STEAD FAST FAITH IN THE LORD; SATAN HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO LOSE HIS HOLD AND LEAVE.
REMEMBER THE DISCIPLES GOING TO THE LAKE AND GETTING THE FISH WITH THE COIN IN HIS MOUTH,WELL THERE ARE A LOT OF FISH SWIMMING AROUND WITH PROVISIONS IN THEIR MOUTH WAITING TO SURRENDER WHAT IS THE CHILDRENS RIGHTS.
WE WALK AROUND AFRAID HE WILL NOT ANSWER; WELL THE TRUTH IS YOU HAVE RIGHTS IN PRAYER AND IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PRAY WRONG READ THE BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
M7th
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Hi m7th :

A LITTLE QUESTION HERE --WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHROUD AND IT'S HISTORY?

I have watched some very interesting and informative documentary programs on the subject of the Turin Shroud.

It is a single piece of linen cloth which bears a negative image of a crucified man complete with noble face; hands, feet etc. and carrying the marks of a brutal beating, wounds to the forehead and crown, hands, feet, side and back.

It has been venerated since the thirteenth century and the Church Authorities have allowed scientific examination of it on some rare occasions. It has been photographed, (the image on it for the first time being recognizable in negative as a human being) and various other scientific investigations have been allowed.

Results have determined that the image is not formed by any known artistic method. It is not painted, dyed or artificially stained. Pollen found on it are local to The Holy Land. Carbon dating of a very small sample of it revealed it to be 12th to 13th century, but recent research has determined that the sample was taken from a ‘repaired’ part of it and therefore was not entirely original material from which it was made. Also the patina (biological growth) on the shroud is thought to have perhaps affected the dating.

It has been subjected to fire and water damage in the past which has superimposed a burns and water pattern on it where it was folded in a box.

So far permission has not been granted for the taking of a section of 'original' cloth as a sample.

To believers in it’s authenticity it is regarded as a Holy Relic. To believers generally it should be regarded as a scientific curiosity and valuable antique, the authenticity of which has little or no bearing upon the True Faith. True faith being dependent upon a relationship with the God of 'The Now', not artifacts and curios of the past.

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
HI CHRIS, QUITE A BIT BUT I HAVE AVOIDED TO THIS POINT MAKING ANY EMPHASIS ABOUT ITS IMPORTANCE UNLESS AT SOME FUTURE POINT IT IS ESTABLISHED TO BE AN IMAGE OF THE CHRIST.

THE IMPORTANCE HERE IS THE CHRIST AND FURTHER ESTABLISHING THE DEATH ,BURIAL AND RESURRECTION THAT MANY OF OUR CHURCHES DO NOT ACCEPT.. iT ALSO IS TO ESTABLISH PHYSICALLY THE PRICE JESUS PAID AND THAT WE LITERALLY IF WE CHOSE TO BE ARE SHARING IN THE VICTORUY JESUS HAD OVER HELL IN EVERY ASPECT.

I WOULD LIKE TO GET PEOPLE TO SEE THAT BODY LEFT IN THE GRAVE HAD EVERY FORM OF SIN IN EVERY GENERATION PLACED ON IT AND THIS IS THE PLACE WHERE THE SIN STAYED. .
m7th--circle of revival

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Apr 14, 2012, 9:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Chris,

It is a single piece of linen cloth which bears a negative image of a crucified man complete with noble face; hands, feet etc. and carrying the marks of a brutal beating, wounds to the forehead and crown, hands, feet, side and back.

This totally surprised me. I am usuall pretty much in tune with things, but I thought that "the shroud" was a napkin-sized cloth that covered Jesus' face. You indicate that there was a large (perhaps tablecloth-sized or sheet-sized) cloth that covered his entire body under the wrappings that were put around Him.

I would like you or someone to clarify this for me. I don't like to be wrong. lol :)

Blessings ~ Sarah

Last edited by:

praizeop2: Apr 14, 2012, 9:43 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Sarah, an official Shroud site "Shroud of Turin Education and Research Association, Inc." is http://shroud.com/#top

An interesting collection of debate published in Biblical Archaeology Review is at
http://www.shroud.com/bar.htm#shanks

The jury is still out.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men
Quote Reply
Re: [dovegiven] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Chris ,both excellent sites.
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Sarah,

I just happened to notice this and wanted to reply. Some years back I had a couple of interviews
with Sindonologist The Reverend Albert R. ‘Kim’ Dreisbach, Jr. April 27, 1934 – April 29, 2006

I did both an audio an a video interview with him at the time. I think that I just may still have both of those
interviews. Reverend Dreisbach did not live far from me and actually came out into the snowy weather to answer
questions for those on the Genie BB about the Shroud of Turin. I was grateful to have him as a friend.

A dedication to him can be found here. https://shroudofturin.wordpress.com/albert-r-kim-dreisbach/#comments

I will look to see if I have those interviews. If I do I will be glad to sell copies to you who request them for the cost of the media
that is audio tape or cd/dvd plus shipping and handling. A donation is requested but NOT REQUIRED to be given to Praize.com
Neither Jim nor Sarah has asked for this. It is MY request only.

If this is areeable to Praize.com staff I will advise them of the availability of items.

Thank You and may God richly Bless

Chaplain Dave
Quote Reply
Re: [chaplaindave] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
Glad to see you come aboard, ChaplainDave.

I subscribed to BAR journal from it's beginning, and no doubt ran across some of Reverend Dreisbach's comments. I followed the Shroud story closely until it occurred to me there was a huge overall effort to "prove" what I should believe and act on by faith in what the Bible has reported as truth. The ossuary of James story was too much for me to accept as acceptable to God. As a result I reluctantly cancelled my subscription, not willing to support such efforts.

The short of it is this. I don't believe the immediate apostles of Jesus that viewed the empty tomb, that had opportunity to collect personal items associated with Jesus, took anything at all from that tomb. There is no mention of that in the scriptures. There is also the matter of Paul's statement of general principle Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

I doubt God would have allowed a relic like that to survive like He did for the known scripture manuscripts, including the Dead Sea Scrolls which verified much of what was already accepted as authentic. Artifacts, like the supposed "crown of thorns", last supper cup, and other related treasures are the stuff of Hollywood and monks of the centuries desperate for tourism income.

Having scientific evidence of the presence of Jesus might seem invaluable, but could easily be a device from Satan designed to diminish faith in the word of God, causing some believers to base their belief in Christ on scientific evidence, thereby cancelling faith. I've read the theories about the possibly nuclear energy needed to produce such an image, none mentioning the power of God, which could be superior to our understanding of nuclear energy. What we know of it doesn't seem to support the idea of reversing death, though can cause the death of undesired life forms such as cancer cells in favor of healthy cells. In that case the benefit is a case for death indirectly aiding life.

I wonder what Reverend Dreisbach might have said along that line.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men
Quote Reply
Re: [dovegiven] WHAT ABOUT THE SHROUD OF TURIN? In reply to
I as well used to subscribe to BAR and for some of the same reasons quit subscribing to the magazine.
Theses Relics such as The Shroud of Turin are for the unbeliever. Those who are skeptics. Those who,
may be just walking that line, But to those of us who believe, to those of us who have tasted and know
that Adon Olam ( Eternal Lord) is good. We need nothing to prove to us of Adonai's truth.

However when such people as Lennart Moller who has a video of chariot wheels and such on the bottom
of the Red Sea.* These things just thrill me that much more and I sing just that more praise to my G-d.
The interview for the Exodus Case with Lennart Moller, Gary Stearman and J R Church (Who went home
to be with the Lord on March 22, 2011), can be foun here:
http://www.prophecyinthenews.com/...with-lennart-moller/

I just thin that it would be like my Lord to leave something like this behind. But then again Blessed are those
who have not seen and yet believe.

Barukh Hu Ha Shem
Chaplain Dave
Bless the Lord, the Blessed One
Power, Honor and Glory to His Name

Chaplain Dave