The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY??

Quote Reply
QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY??
Shocked MAN HE HAS A BIG MOUTH
nOW SERIOUSLY wHICH WORD WOULD REALLY BE AN PART OF RELATIONSHIP? ---FAITH OR EXPECTANCY
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
PJ (M7th)
Let me say that it is awesome to ponder on such thoughts for they are pure and lovely. To answer your question let me say faith is the number 1 attribute to being key with relationalship matters one on one with the Lord. yet all brothers and sisters are to get spiritualy pregnant, (expecting) from God,for the anmo to bear fruit that is a part of the faith in their lives. Ephesians 2:10 states results of grace are a calling that will be fufilled in lives because of the graxce. This is going to need a revelation for each individual to be able to pick up their mantle and go forth in the annointed power you appointed over your vesals that are available to you. Expectation is to rely and know that the needed fulfillment will manifest to help in the endeavor for Gods work. Both items listed are neccessary faith and expectation which sort in a unknown way becomes one in the hands of the Lord. Pastor Jim this is gleaned thought from my past studying and hopefuly it is close to what you had in mind.
Mog57
AIN"T GOD GOOD?
Quote Reply
Re: [m7th] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
Jim, you know that you guys think WAY deeper than I do. So my answer is.... (drum roll please)
YES!
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
faith is relationship-just as praize op2 believes in Jim;--her faith in him will reveal to her what he would do in any given situation or her faith will give her peace because she knows jim as in her realtionship of one.
I don't have to see my wife to know how my wife will behave--she is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh-being part of me means I know her.
Connect that with your relationship in the Lord
Expectancy--propbably the highest most intense form of faith geared toward one specific purpose. For instense --A child focuses on Christmas and she or he hopes to receive.
Suppose we draw that intensity in relationship either in marriage or in our spiritual lives. Could you connect expectancy with relationship faith and live in the expectancy of the Lord in your life.
Praize op2 and I among share an expectancy of the Return of the Lord.
Biblical example
Isaac was on pins and needles in his expectancy of the servant's return with Rebekah and the Bible records that Isaac upon seeing them returning afar off ran across the field to greet them.
The Holy Spirit is moving you and I quickly to the return of the Lord that expectancy is hastening us to the expected union with the groom
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
I am seeing our church grow from relationships that have little or nothing to do with faith at the beginning of those relationships. An example is our church is in the middle of deep poverty for miles in every direction. We've learned many of our neighbors have "shopped" around various churches, most giving up. They don't know a bit of Bible, but witnessed a lot of religion, and religious people shunning them because they appear and act so differently. Most of the women only have a couple of nice clothes that fit, the men at best coming in blue jeans and maybe their best work shirt.

We have been growing a youth ministry in that area, our youth inviting kids at school to come eat pizza and watch a play they put on. Sooner or later a parent brings their kids for that, maybe staying to eat some pizza. When they come, all of us show love toward them, not expecting anything of them. We let them expect of us. What little most people expect of anyone claiming to be a Christian amounts to
1. Do we have good salt in us? They don't know what that means, but they do know how to taste salt, and detect true spiritual salt by it's effect on them.
2. Are we at peace with one another and with them?
3. Do they witness unfeigned love among us and toward them. They don't yet understand it, but love receiving it.
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
1 John 3:[16] Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. [17] But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? [18] My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

All those relationships are unique and there's no way to "be prepared" for them. We do our part by being available to be used by God, then walking it out.

In time a father finally brings his wife to church. Eventually one or both take in
Sunday School, their children getting more involved. They begin taking in the word of God, realizing there's quite a lot to benefit by, from which grows the concept of faith. One by one they begin responding when realizing they need to be saved. God gives faith to believe, and that seed grows them to add faith into other areas such as relationships with other people, then applying faith to their own marriage relationship. That's the most difficult application of faith in couples that are apart from God or very new in the faith. Once that develops, then both faith and expectancy adds to the marriage and better training of children. What started out seemingly hopeless comes around to glory for Christ.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men
Quote Reply
Re: [dovegiven] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
Correct me if I am wrong, Jim, but it seems to me that you have added works to faith and expectancy.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: [praizeop2] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
I am trying to say that if people can only enter in to a relationship by faith when they are totally ignorant of what faith is, then they won't enter in. Between Paul and James it is possible to weigh out James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also. Faith isn't faith if there's no substance, no evidence of it. Paul wrote in Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It isn't that I am adding works, but some certifying work(s) will accompany true faith in all instances of faith expressed, else that faith is useless, dead, ineffective. The danger is in works alone without faith, offered in lieu of faith, warned of by Paul. So it is that when people can't grasp faith at all, then proceed with works that teach faith. The works of course are to be love-centered. Christians are not looked over for their faith, but their love one to another and to neighbors. When people see that they are witnessing faith in action. That's the principle involved when missionaries go and find their message is not accepted usually because of a lack of understanding and or cultural diversity. But when they do works of faith, like feeding nutritious food to the children of those people, then the learning about God can proceed because the adults have witnessed the works of love. Ultimately if dawns on the people what living by faith is about, and they are much more likely to get it than those sending the missionaries who lack little or nothing, not ever realizing what living by faith is about. Many folks around me right here in America are strangers to faith, yet claim they live by faith..by faith. IOW, "By faith I believe I live by faith, though I can't explain that."

Expectancy then holds a relationship together in the lack of true faith. When people witness love in action they naturally will come to expect more of that. It's OK with God. Jesus fed 5,000 and collected quite a following, having to escape them by boat. If a missionary delivers a ton of rice, the people will expect 5 tons, then 20 as they bring more people, because the missionary has a source. It might take years of mere expectancy before the gospel and faith takes hold there.

·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men

Last edited by:

dovegiven: Mar 30, 2012, 9:07 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [dovegiven] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
works are the seed of faith--expectancy James said show me your works -he said i will you my faith by the worksShocked
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Well said! I pray everyone will watch Joyce Meyer on Believers Authority.
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
Hi all :

I really don't know the answer to this question.

I did do a search of The Word to see what results came back though.

For 'faith' I got the following results. KJV (231 hits), ModKJV(228 hits), ISV(223), ASV(230), NRSV(266), RSV(261).

For expectency (0)
For expectancy (0)
For expectant (0)
For expecting KJV(2), MKJV(5), ISV(9), ASV(2), NRSV(12), RSV(9)
For expect KJV(0), MKJV(1), ISV(7), ASV(2), NRSV(11), RSV(9)
For expectation KJV(14), MKJV(4), ISV(2), ASV(16), NRSV(6), RSV(8)

Bearing in mind many of those hits were not relevant to the subject of relationship, nevertheless it would seem to appear that 'faith' is far more prevalent in the scriptures than expectancy or any of its associated forms.

My guess is therefore that 'faith' gets my vote as being more characteristic of relationship, since 'relationship' is what scripture is aimed at achieving in us.

Regards Chris.

Last edited by:

rdrcofe: Apr 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] QUESTION??--WHICH WOULD BE CHARACTERISTIC OF A RELATIONSHIP?--FAITH OR EXPECTENCY?? In reply to
I have to admit that I have not read every word here. Sorry.
Nevertheless, I have a thought that came to me as I was reading what I was reading and it was this:

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Now wouldn't "things hoped for" equal "expectancy?
i.e. Faith is the substance of expectancy.

Therefore, my understanding seems to be that there is no expectancy without faith, since faith is its "substance".
Blessings ~ Sarah
Quote Reply
 QUESTION WHAT IS EXPECTANTLY WAITING FOR SOMETHING TO ARRIVE?
WHAT WOULD FEELING GREAT EXPECTANCY IN YOUR HEART FOR WHAT'S TO COME?
COULD IT BE JUST A LITTLE BEYOND FAITH OR MAYBE SPIRITUALLY HOLDING THE FAITH IS PARTOF HEB.11;1?
NO WRONG ANSWER JUST LOOKING AT WHAT DEGREE THE PASSION OF YOUR FAITH STANDS IN! IS IT HOPED FOR? OR EXPECTED?
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
FAITH IS RELATIONSHIP FOR THE LONG TERM BUT EXPECTANCY IS ANTICIPATION OF THE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!!
M7TH
m7th--circle of revival