The all-in-one Christian Web Site Community - Praize.com
Skip to Content

Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic?

Quote Reply
Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic?
Though many would argue otherwise, I believe the Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic. When witchcraft and wizardry are put in a flattering light, then that goes directly against God's word in Deut. which condemns such practices.
Craig Dressler
http://christianbook2.webs.com/
Quote Reply
Re: [craigdressler] Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic? In reply to
on this topic, i agree w/ you. i'm not a fan of the stuff because most kids don't have the experience to know this stuff is strictly fiction, and not to be believed in or used in real live et al!!!
Quote Reply
Re: [shalynn] Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic? In reply to
AMEN--cRAIG
m7th--circle of revival
Quote Reply
Re: [craigdressler] Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic? In reply to
I think it opens the very front door to witchcraft, sorcery, and the like.

Look at Rev. 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Would anyone here say God would approve of watching activities of people in any of those categories of wrong-doing?

Maybe a list of scriptures forbidding more than a casual glance of things that lure people to sin would be an interesting addition to your topic. There's plenty in the NT alone. Maybe even letting our eyes wander at all from dead center, looking to right or left is too much for our good.

I can apply that to Harry Potter because my wife and I decided to watch one of our grand's DVDs of the series, only to observe and try to explain why they are not good to watch. I know what it's about, don't have to go look up reviews for my opinion. We succeeded. Now, when something comes over TV about Potter they instantly react, telling how bad it is, that all the characters in Potter will go to hell. I'm not sure they understand those are just actors becasue of the very realness of the scenes.
·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men
Quote Reply
Possibly. But no more so than Micky Mouse, (Sorcerers Apprentice), Bewiched or Buffy The Vampire slayer did.

It's fiction you know but anything can ensnare the feeble minded. Some are more feeble minded than others when it comes to copycatting what they see in fictional films. I suppose there is little that can be done about it apart from banning feeble minded people from entering the cinema to view the films. (But then how could you identify the feeble minded?). They are not always obvious and anyway it doesn't sound like much of a possibility in a democracy, does it?

Is there any actual evidence though that people have encountered 'the demonic' by enjoying an afternoon at a Harry Potter movie?

I'd be interested to hear of anyone being tempted to try their hand at Quiddich by jumping off a high building on a broomstick. Now that could be dangerous indeed.

Perhaps we should run a survey to try to find out if anyone is stupid enough to think of trying it.

The films don't seem to have been 'real' enough to spawn a spate of incidents of that sort or have I just missed the news of them? Then again what about Spiderman, Superman and Batman. Copycatting them could get you into some dangerous situations too, if you were stupid enough to believe they actually exist.

There is a limit to how much it is possible to legislate to protect idiots from their own stupidity. In the grand scale of things that are wrong in American society I would put Harry Potter films quite low down on the 'to deal with' list. Wouldn't you?

Regards Chris.
Quote Reply
craigdressler
Walking in the flesh opens doors to the demonic. Spending time in uselessness and living carefree without regard for the Kingdom of God opens doors too. Personaly for my wife and I we refuse to watch any witchcraft based movies because they will not serve to edify us in spiritual warfare. So in regards to your question it points to occoult and serves no goddly purpose. Redeeming the time and living with hearts that are being sanctified daily, this is what the church needs more then ever. An old song Jesus now more then ever. Harry potter is not the Potter and we still are the clay.
Thank you Jesus
mog57
{Paul}
AIN"T GOD GOOD?
Quote Reply
Re: [mog57] Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic? In reply to
i did realize that i failed to mention some kids are not able to tell what the difference is b/w truth and fiction when they're reading things w/o some input from adults. some adults think that what they read can be done in real life even when they know it's fiction! (i know of an actual church that based on Mr. Spock from Star Trek!) given that some people think that they're able to do whatever they want to, regardless of God, i'm not surprised that peole get stupid and think that what's in the Potter books is safe to do! that's the main reason i don't like them, for those who are not using the brain and sense God gave 'em, they're just another reason to get into witchcraft et al.
Quote Reply
Re: [rdrcofe] Do Harry Potter movies and books open the door to the demonic? In reply to
Watching make believe sorcery movies now instead of learning better things can't possibly be good for them. They will likely really enjoy the Antichrist's children's programs and cartoons with a relish, chalking those off to innocent fiction as easily as Potter. Satan is after their minds.

Cast down imaginations that don't agree with God.
2 Cor. 10:[4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) [5] Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; [6] And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.

But now you say if it's fiction, let the kids have it.

I say "Very poor" training. Demolish every thought that defies God's kingdom. Potter and his gang have nothing for God, but for the servants of Satan, of which witches and warlocks are.

It appears an alarming trend among school children are far more versed on the world of witchcraft than the Kingdom of Heaven. I would think you wouldn't wish for those minds to be captivated the wrong ways. "Turn em over?"
Lord help us.

·...¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>
Be fishers of men