Fight and Possess Part 2
Fighting our "enemies" takes the power of jJesus Christ within us. "The winning strategy for inheriting your promised land involves yeilding to the Holy Spirit at every point." Oh don't we know that. Satan is out there at every opportunity to lure us away from our relationship with our Lord and Savior. He uses subtleness and deception starting in our minds and some evetunally working its way into action of that deception. I have been there and done it.
I once heard this expression from a book I read saying," I am still under construction,God isn't finished with me yet." We are all in this construction until HE has perfected us to the day of completion. Till then we fight these "kings of self" Here is the list of them:
- Self-will--it says....I will,I shall
- Self-indulgence...gratifying self
- Self-seeking....seeks her own
- Self-complacency...spirit of pride
- Self-glorying..seeks praise of others
- Self-confidence...relys on its own wisdom,strength and righteouness
- Self-consciousness...always thinking of itself
- Self-importance...carry their gait ...by self-assertion and swaggerying assumption
- Self-depreciation...people overly conscience about their shortcomings and inability.
- Self-vindication...stands for own rightsand avenges its wrongs
- Sensitiviness;touchiness...painful form of selfishness
- Self-seeing..seeing from own perspective.."how does this affect me"
- Introspection...examination of self --morbid and excessive leads to unhealthiness and injury in Christian life
- Self-love...as it applies...centered upon self.
- Self-affections...fruits of self-life. ministering to our own pleasure rather than blessings for each other
- Selfish-motives...can mar our intent. God judges our acts,motives and why we do them
- Self-choices...More serious than the above. " the will is the spring of human actions and determines our wrods and deeds."
- selfish -pleasures...seek their own; real enjoyment comes from obedience to God in doing good
- Selfish-possessions...world calls it their own;we call it stewardship--for HIs service.
- Selfish fears and cares...causes anxiety;yielding to God equals no anxiety.
- Selfish sorrows...from wounded pride,ambition ,sel-love..or loss of something we called our 'own'
- Selfish sacrifices and denial...for our own vanity
There are more to numerous to list yet the key to possess the land in our relationship to God and walk faithfully is to surrender...we need to receive His Divine Nature in order to carry on in our lives God wants us to. As I said before this takes constant construction as God builds us into a people for His good pleasure and service.
One last quote,"Our promise land is characterized by freedom from our enemies --- enemies in our self-life of oppression,pride and every other 'king' that wars against our souls,robbing us of peace and prosperity."
The Bible verse comes to mind here Romans 14:17--The kingdom of God is not eating and drinking,but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
This concludes a brief overview and I hope that you will be encouraged by these simple facts however there is a deeper understanding in her book...It is a must to have....and yes I am still working on mine---by rading and re-readig and study.
God bless you all as you move forward in Him and our walk with Him till HE comes. HE is looking for a Church without spot or wrinkle
Fight and Possess.
About: I am a Child of God,His Princess who has walked with God since 13 years of age. In life I have found that I need God each step of the way. I am thankful for the trials of life in which I have been drawen closer to Him. Other times I have questioned God why,why,why. Yet in hindsight I can see why. God is the God of the mountain as well as God of our valleys. God is good.Back to Blog | Add to Buddy List
- Mar 2013 (1)
- Feb 2013 (1)
- Jan 2013 (2)
- Dec 2012 (2)
- Aug 2012 (1)
- Jul 2012 (3)
- Jun 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (3)
- Apr 2012 (4)
- Mar 2012 (4)
- Feb 2012 (5)
- Jan 2012 (4)
- Dec 2011 (3)
- Nov 2011 (3)
- Oct 2011 (1)
- Sep 2011 (1)
- Aug 2011 (2)
- Jul 2011 (3)
- Jun 2011 (1)
- May 2011 (4)
- Apr 2011 (3)
- Mar 2011 (4)
- Dec 2010 (1)
- Oct 2010 (1)
- Sep 2010 (3)
- Aug 2010 (4)
- Jul 2010 (1)
- Jun 2010 (1)
- May 2010 (1)
- Apr 2010 (1)
- Mar 2010 (6)
- Dec 2009 (4)
- Nov 2009 (1)
- Aug 2009 (3)
- Jul 2009 (1)
- Jun 2009 (1)
- May 2009 (1)
- Apr 2009 (3)
- Mar 2009 (1)
- Feb 2009 (1)
- Jan 2009 (1)
- Dec 2008 (2)
- Nov 2008 (4)
- Oct 2008 (2)
- Sep 2008 (2)
- Aug 2008 (1)
- Jul 2008 (1)
- Jun 2008 (2)