Skip to Content

Home » Blogs » amentinicole » Be a Giver!

Subscribe to this blog

Sun, Sep 11 2011 - 01:04 AM

Be a Giver!

Hello beloved ones!  Today I'd like to challenge you to be a Giver.  The Bible says that God loves a cheerful giver, and that we reap what we sow.  There are so many people who are hurting in the world.  I am specifically talking about giving money to causes that support those in need. But there are also other ways you can give.  You can give a smile; you can offer kind words; you can commit your time and energy to your church or a Ministry that has helped you. We are told in the Bible that we are the Light of the World and the Salt of the Earth.  This world would be in really bad shape if a bunch of Christians hadn't stepped up and answered our Lord's call to BE the help and the change.  I am reminded of Hurricane Katrina, and all the relief efforts that were supported by the Christian community. We are called to be Givers- that is our Destiny in God.  Whatever you have to offer, that give.  There are so many ways you can help for free, like volunteering with children, serving at a local homeless shelter, and so on.  I also believe that it is very important to Tithe- this keeps our Churches strong and enables the work of the Lord.  If you give your 10 percent, God will make sure to bless the other 90 percent.  We are also commanded to Tithe.  It is not a suggestion, it is a command.  Even more than asking for your obedience, the Lord wants your Tithe because there are so many hurting and troubled souls who He wants to help and bring into His Kingdom.  I love you all, and I hope this post has inspired you to look at giving in a brand new way.  Mahatma Ghandi said, "Be the Change that you wish to see in this world."  I hope you will BE it today!  

All My Love,

Amenti

Write a Comment
You have to login to write a comment, please click here to login or Register here.
Comments
praizeop - 7 years ago

I like Proverbs 19:17 - Giving to the poor is lending to God and he will repay you.
and Luke 6:38 - but I never realized that 'men will give into our busom' in the here and now!

praizeop2 - 7 years ago

Excellent word, Amenti! People don't realize that if they don't plant seeds, they won't get a crop. Giving is planting seeds. Your beauty shines through your blogs.


amentinicole's avatar

Name: amentinicole

View Profile | PM User

About: My name is Amenti Nicole. I accepted Jesus Christ into my heart about 12 years ago. The Lord is soooo GOOD and I just want to praise him all throughout my day. I love my Jesus and I am very grateful that this website is here. Add me if you want to make a new friend who truly loves the Lord and Savior of the Entire Creation, Jesus Christ!

Back to Blog | Add to Buddy List